Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 races last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 races last night

CLIFFNOTES- 1st race: neon r/t w/aftermarket turbo again, he said he fixed his tune and put in a heavy duty tranny and aluminum flywheel. dig- he missed 3rd. roll- put 5-6 car lengths before i let out
2nd race: vs. new honda civic si vtech, stock. he backed up behind me about 2 car lengths. launched. i launched when he got to my car. got a lil sideways hitting 2nd-road was real dusty. didnt come up on his rear bumper until 4th gear then let out. thing was pretty quick for being stock.

we raced again last night. he(neon guy) called me and told me that he got his tune fixed and he got a heavy duty tranny and aluminum flywheel. he was talking about how much quicker it climbs thru the rpm's and he said he thinks he could hang with me. we went from a dig first(dont know why, hes fwd and has turbo lag). i got a lil over a car length jump on him from the start and then he missed 3rd. then we went from a roll and his car wasnt much faster like he thought it would be. i still pulled away from him kinda quick. he seemed pissed when we talked after that one lol. then i raced another guy who just got the new civic si vtech. i told him to back up behind me about two car lengths, take off, then i would launch when he got to my rear bumper. well.........those things are pretty quick. as far as i know hes still completely stock and i wasnt coming up on his rear bumper untill 4th. i got a lil sideways when i hit second- road was really dusty. i was effin pumped cuz i was wanting to race someone for about a month now!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kills. If you would have lost to a stock civic no one would respect you on this forum anymore. lol
Old 02-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Teching In

thanx man, and yeah thats very true!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

kinda sounds like you did lose. Are you sure he was stock? That sounds fishy. Those cars are quick but they weigh more than previous civics so they're not that fast stock
Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

good kills but why waste the gas and chance of getting caught racing these cars? especially a STOCK civic?....not worth your gas imo

the reason i say this is cuz im also in socal and know the law is tuff against street racing if caught
Old 02-16-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

drugs are good. tire smoke is good.

combo combo combo
Old 02-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Great kills man but I agree. On the forum you would of never lived it down if you would of got beat by a civic that is stock at that LOL! I know I ve given 2 car length to a 98 mustang with heads, intake and exhaust 5 sp and still beat him by 2 car lengths. But way to keep those neons in line.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
kinda sounds like you did lose. Are you sure he was stock? That sounds fishy. Those cars are quick but they weigh more than previous civics so they're not that fast stock
what race r u talking about and how does it sound like i lost?
Old 02-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
good kills but why waste the gas and chance of getting caught racing these cars? especially a STOCK civic?....not worth your gas imo

the reason i say this is cuz im also in socal and know the law is tuff against street racing if caught
cuz the neon guy kept telling me he wanted to race me and he thought he could keep up with me. i see what youre saying though. i didnt look at it that way before.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Berryjn
Great kills man but I agree. On the forum you would of never lived it down if you would of got beat by a civic that is stock at that LOL! I know I ve given 2 car length to a 98 mustang with heads, intake and exhaust 5 sp and still beat him by 2 car lengths. But way to keep those neons in line.
with how quick i was catching up with him i would have put plenty of car lengths on him if i wouldve stayed in the gas longer but my sense kicked in and i knew it was time to slow down.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thats cool man. When you are racing someone and you give them a head start and you catch them or start to pass them and keep pulling on them. Most racers know there car isnt faster then your car. But you know the way some ricers think. ( I kept up with a v-8) and I ve heard it all before. That is why I dont believe in that pinks **** where you give ppl car lengths or head starts and I also dont like that roll ****. I just believe in digs and heads up races fastest car/ best driver wins. But keep up the kills man I dont get that many races around new orleans. I need something to keep me busy will savign for a cam and house.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Teching In

the honda guys real cool, hes not a ricer thank god.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

civic si is not fast compare to a Cobra. Theyre a joke to even try to race you.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by willthethrill
cuz the neon guy kept telling me he wanted to race me and he thought he could keep up with me. i see what youre saying though. i didnt look at it that way before.
its all good. I still cant stand people like that its kinda like if they are trying to prove something by racing there wrong wheel drive shitbox against something fast.....dont get me wrong tho there is alot of fast fwd imports or neons outthere but the guy you were racing was weak And for the Si....waste of gas and tires

I remember when i had my GTO and would hang out at some of the import hang outs with my buddies everybody and their mommas civic wanted a piece of me and they were all 15-16 sec cars.then when i would denie them a race they would talk about how the "guy with the GTO" backed out socal is infested with rice

Last edited by BAD-GTO; 02-17-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
civic si is not fast compare to a Cobra. Theyre a joke to even try to race you.
x1000000000000000000
Old 02-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Theyre a joke to even try to race you.
thats why we did it.......to have fun and **** around.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 AM
11 Second Club

yea i was joking about you losing but a stock Civic shouldn't have even put up that much of a fight
Old 02-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Friendly runs are awesome.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Launching!

i like to ease past them where they can see my break lights and tap the breaks so they see them come on and get even withem and floor past them again and again again haha.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
yea i was joking about you losing but a stock Civic shouldn't have even put up that much of a fight
i guess they just arent that slow and maybe he has some mods that i dont know about. he hasnt had it long though.