Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 killed by chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WS6 killed by chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab

Well I was sittin' in my friend's house talking to him when all of a sudden his little brother (who just got his liscense) comes in to tell me that he dinged my mirror backing out of the driveway in his dad's truck. I thought, ohh that's not too bad. Could be worse -probably cost about $300-$500 to fix. Well that all changed as soon as I went out to inspect the damage.

Let me tell you, that was one HELL of a dinged mirror. I then asked him, "Since when does a mirror represent the whole damn side of a car!?" It seems he had backed into the front quarter and instead of stopping when everyone (his younger sister and brother who he was taking to Walmart) heard the crunch, he proceeded to take out the whole driverside of my car. His dad's rear quarter didn't fair too well either. I can't believe I was so calm at the time.....mostly because I was laughing due to my unbelieveable bad luck. Well, anyways I got the estimate from Carstar which came out to $3,009.50. The truck looked like it needed a good $500-$600 worth of work. Needless to say this kid is going to be working for a long time for nothing. His dad was absolutely pissed and told him he was done driving; took his license and cut it in two. This week has been a bad week.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: WS6 killed by chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab

Yikes.....sorry to hear it. What possesses the kid to say he dinged your mirror as opposed to what really happened??? Good luck with the repairs.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:50 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear 'bout the damage.
Also thought this was going to be about a truck beating a car in a streetrace.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

The kid is an absolute moron. He didn't really even look at the damage and just went and told me. He kept saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I thought your car was far enough over when I was backing up, but it wasn't." I replied "No ****, Shirlock, anyone could have found that out!" Then I asked him if he had ever heard of using a mirror so he can see when he backs up. Isn't that what they teach you in driver's training? Obviously that truck was a little too much truck for him to handle. I'm very glad he will not be driving for a while. But then again that's not going to fix the car, is it. It goes in next week, and it'll take about a week and a half once they have it.
Thanks FLYNLO, heard about the egg incident, hope your repairs go well too.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah southFL, I tried to put a little twist on it. I figured some good humor would stop me from going on a rant, and venting on the thread.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:03 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's alright, today's a free for all here anyways.

Lord of the Flies anyone?