Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Silly Eclipse gets owned

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly Eclipse gets owned

Not much of a kill, but it made me laugh. On my way to denny's to meet a friend after work, when I end up at a light next to a newer Eclipse. I didn't really think much of it at first, but then I caught them rolling down the window and looking in my direction out of the corner of my eye, and think to myself, this guy has to be kidding. However, I figured what the hell, hadn't run anything all night, and what better opportunity to mess with a ricer than with his GF in the car. So light turns green, I ease on the gas so as not to spin, and then get on it. I didn't run the gears out (shifted just after 5000 rpms), and had him by several cars by the end of second and was still pulling hard, so I tap the taillight a few times to notify him he has lost , and drop down to the speed limit when he comes flying by, then does the same taillight manuever back to me, like he won or something. Anyway, I know its not much beating up on ricers, but hey, he had it coming. Why the hell do ricers feel its necessary to do the fly by after they get beat?
Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tex7387
Why the hell do ricers feel its necessary to do the fly by after they get beat?
Because they feel they are compelled to defend the greater glory and honor of their favorite country; Japan.

I wonder if they do this to each other as well, or is it only when racing (and losing to) domestic nameplates?? Like; "Oh no, I am NOT going to let an AMERICAN car beat my epitome of perfection".
Old 04-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

...or maybe it was a gesture of respect from someone who clearly lost....if it was even a race at all. Its kinda hard to tell because a late model Eclipse will loose about the same to an LS1 if it is trying or not. You guys are so busy hating on everything but your favs that this might be a real shock: Lots of people who have imports also have and love fast domestics.

Why do people feel the need to harp on about every minute detail of drivers of something other than car X and ridicule it?

It surely must be that they hate America and love Japan and feel that they sould fly by to defend Tokyo. I mean, what other possibility is there? Its obviously completely out of the question that some guy wanted to have a lil fun even if he was going to loose and tried to show some respect at the end. Thats just crazy. Its well documented that anyone driving anything other than a Camaro or Mustang is a terrorist out to get us all.

Wait, that did not come out right. Let me try again:

Those guys want to "beat those dirty freedom loving Americans" with their JAPANESE car to show how peace, freedom and apple pie suck and how we should all "go communist" and live in concentration camps. Because thats obviously what someone who drives an Eclipse aggressively thinks.

There, now the above paragraph is a real post. Just ignore the rest.

Last edited by Sparetire; 04-05-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: wait....
Old 04-05-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sparetire
...or maybe it was a gesture of respect from someone who clearly lost....if it was even a race at all. Its kinda hard to tell because a late model Eclipse will loose about the same to an LS1 if it is trying or not. You guys are so busy hating on everything but your favs that this might be a real shock: Lots of people who have imports also have and love fast domestics.

Why do people feel the need to harp on about every minute detail of drivers of something other than car X and ridicule it?

It surely must be that they hate America and love Japan and feel that they sould fly by to defend Tokyo. I mean, what other possibility is there? Its obviously completely out of the question that some guy wanted to have a lil fun even if he was going to loose and tried to show some respect at the end. Thats just crazy. Its well documented that anyone driving anything other than a Camaro or Mustang is a terrorist out to get us all.

Those guys want to "beat those dirty freedom loving Americans" with their JAPANESE car to show how peace, freedom and apple pie suck and how we should all "go communist" and live in concentration camps. Because thats obviously what someone who drives an Eclipse aggressively thinks.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Teching In

What????, there are ricers, and there are import drivers, a clear distinction exists. Import drivers don't strap the biggest fart can available on thier ride, and race everything in sight. Import drivers will aknowledge a good race by pulling up and giving you a thumbs up or something besides the "fly by". I don't mind import cars, in fact there a few import cars I wouldn't mind driving. What I am commenting on, is the ricer mindset, so perhaps you should compose your thoughts better before chiming in. "Its better to be silent and thought ignorant, than to open your mouth and confirm it."
Old 04-05-2008, 08:18 PM
***Repost Police***

I think he was referring more to dailydriver's incessant "import drivers hate America" posts...
Old 04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

This thread is funny, Nice kill on the ricer.
do what you got to do
Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Launching!

What????, there are ricers, and there are import drivers, a clear distinction exists. Import drivers don't strap the biggest fart can available on thier ride, and race everything in sight. Import drivers will aknowledge a good race by pulling up and giving you a thumbs up or something besides the "fly by". I don't mind import cars, in fact there a few import cars I wouldn't mind driving. What I am commenting on, is the ricer mindset, so perhaps you should compose your thoughts better before chiming in. "Its better to be silent and thought ignorant, than to open your mouth and confirm it."

And clearly this was a ricer and not an import driver, as he "looked over" at some point "out of the corner" of his eye after what might have been a race. Therefore he must love Japan, hate America, and eat small children for breakfast, as indicated by dailydrivers incredibly illuminating quotes. All the more so since he went past the OP at some point and did a brake tap. Shoot. If someone brake taps me ahead of me in traffic after maybe racing me, I'll kill them. Thats just too much. It ought to be illegal. I'll lobby the effing legislature. Its just well known that anyone driving anything outside the big three in anything like a spirited nature is a anti-god psycho who probbly kicks babies and hates beer.

Seriously. Get a life fanboys. Having a bolt-ons LS1 does not make you god and this self-righteous bullshit is just that: Bullshit. Sarcasm owns you morons. Reading comprehension owns you.

The LSX is a an awesome platform no matter what car it's in. Seriously. I think my next project is an LS2. But damn is it a shame that alot of the owners are such dipshits. "I beat some retard in a B16 hatch, I am king of the world."

Old 04-06-2008, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

And clearly this was a ricer and not an import driver, as he "looked over" at some point "out of the corner" of his eye after what might have been a race. Therefore he must love Japan, hate America, and eat small children for breakfast, as indicated by dailydrivers incredibly illuminating quotes. All the more so since he went past the OP at some point and did a brake tap. Shoot. If someone brake taps me ahead of me in traffic after maybe racing me, I'll kill them. Thats just too much. It ought to be illegal. I'll lobby the effing legislature. Its just well known that anyone driving anything outside the big three in anything like a spirited nature is a anti-god psycho who probbly kicks babies and hates beer.

Seriously. Get a life fanboys. Having a bolt-ons LS1 does not make you god and this self-righteous bullshit is just that: Bullshit. Sarcasm owns you morons. Reading comprehension owns you.

The LSX is a an awesome platform no matter what car it's in. Seriously. I think my next project is an LS2. But damn is it a shame that alot of the owners are such dipshits. "I beat some retard in a B16 hatch, I am king of the world."

You may use any little smiley you want, but it is a known fact that anyone who drives an LS1 is a god and self righteous. So you're wrong.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

just playing the devils advocate here but how do you know he(mr ricer) was out racing everything he came across? how do you know that was the biggest fart can he could strap on his car? you obviously werent polite enough to ask him. youve done alot of assuming here. you know what they say about people who assume, right? that being said when i had my old car and id be out tooling around racing someone id find it easier to just keep on going then slam on the brakes right next to them so i can talk with them.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

whoa whoa a b16 in a stripped out hatch is a pretty stout combo depending on the mods

Old 04-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

eat small children for breakfast,
YES!

Originally Posted by Local-heretic
You may use any little smiley you want, but it is a known fact that anyone who drives an LS1 is a god and self righteous. So you're wrong.
hahahahaha

And now for my contribution to this thread full of nothing.

This guy definately knows what he is talking about. I drive an import when I'm in the states. If I decide to race, I give props to the driver afterwards, regardless of the outcome. I do love fast cars though, I just need next April to roll around so I can find myself a nice new G8 GXP.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

What????, there are ricers, and there are import drivers, a clear distinction exists.
There are ignorant rednecks too, and there are true car enthusiasts, I've seen a mix of all 3 from the v8 crowd (including ricer's). And I'm seeing the same mix in this thread...it's really pathetic...
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jimmy169
There are ignorant rednecks too, and there are true car enthusiasts, I've seen a mix of all 3 from the v8 crowd (including ricer's). And I'm seeing the same mix in this thread...it's really pathetic...
x a gagillion
Old 04-06-2008, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

So now someone who wants to support/defend his OWN country's economy/trade/manufacturers is an ignorant redneck??? WTF? :

When did this brainwashing start??

Oh wait, I forgot I'm dealing with gen rice, (yes, the same crew who just cannot believe/comprehend that I bought my car as much for it's AMERICAN nameplate as it's bang-for-the-buck performance, which BTW your imports COULD NOT PROVIDE stock for stock) sorry.

All of you fanbois better start realizing that there IS a correlation between (OUR) **** poor economy/U.S. citizens losing jobs/homes/etc. and trade deficits.
No, it's not the only cause, of course, but it IS one none the less, and if you believe that your job/carrers are immune to this (unless you are working for a foreign/Nippon company), I have a real cheap bridge you might be interested in about 20 miles from my location.

Last edited by dailydriver; 04-06-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Americans should buy American cars. End of discussion.
Of course there is the fact that all of our cars were made in canada...
Old 04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Americans should buy American cars. End of discussion.
Of course there is the fact that all of our cars were made in canada...
Disagree. GM and Ford would both be absolutely NOTHING if they didn't have such extensive foreign markets. If everyone only bought their own ****, it would suck for everyone.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your missing my point-Americans should buy American-as should the rest of the world, GM of course needs its foreign markets. Honestly dont give a *** about the rest of the world and its economies.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

America>LS1>all of creation