Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Seriously bruised ego!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seriously bruised ego!!

So I'm out cruising last night because it was FINALLY about 70 degrees out. I'm turning at a light, and I see a 2-tone civic turning my direction. I notice the FMIC, but didn't think much about it. I wasn't even gonna race tonight, as my tune isn't finished, fuel trims are turned off, both headers are leaking, and my tires are bald.

So homeboy starts pacing me. I'm thinking, "Oh what the hell...This'll be quick" I'm in first at about 30 mph...give him the punch...I BARELY pull him spinning before I have to let off. We get lined up for a 2nd rolling start. Since 1st gear is worthless due to severe lack of traction. He gets the punch again, and walks me HARD!!!

I wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't one of the guys with the popped collar and that stupid flat-billed cap all crooked!!! But yeah, I need your support. I think I should be on suicide watch!!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It happens.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Teching In

calm down and buy some real tires(bfg drag radials) and get tuned!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Dear Seriously Bruised Ego & Everyone Else Who Reads This,
I want to personally vouch for Squall01. This loss was not due to lack of driving ability...oh no. Once this thing is tuned right, there will be no question as to who will be the victor. This car has grown since the day we rolled off the lot in it. Dont feel defeated. YOU have made that car the car it is today. Which when I drove it a couple of months ago when you came in, was a completely different car than the one you bought. And when you are done with it and can actually hook up, you will suck that flat-billed ball cap of his cocky head. He probably drove home thinkin, "damn..if that thing actually hooked up...he would have had me." Dont let it get ya down. Keep flyin Phoenix!
~Emilie
Old 04-11-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks emma! lol. but no, i was seriously impressed with his car. just talked to a guy here at work that knows the car. he said, "you shouldn't be too upset". he says the car weighs in at around 2600 lbs and is putting down close to 400. it's ok, i have a bottle that says it won't happen again.