Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Race night and I get Killed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Race night and I get Killed

Last night I was out cruising and went to a usual spot where some cars hang out. I was just hanging out with my girlfriend most of the time looking at some other cars race, but all the racing I was seeing made me want to join the fun. I tell my girl that im going to race she tells me no but I still do it..lol..So I line up and a 00" Trans Am & 83" Mustang line up next to me. The trans am looked clean but just seem to have minor bolt ons, the Mustang had slicks and sounded mean as hell. I was thinking that this race was in the bag for me but right of the line things went bad. We were all from a dig when we launch I spin real bad and my cars tail swiped to the side pretty bad, but I tried to hold it, I was right with them guys on the take off I was beating the Trans am and was on the Mustangs door, until 2nd gear when they started to pull away,the mustang ended up winning. I was mad at myself becasue I got killed and looked like a rookie driver...lol
Old 04-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you spun bad, swinging the back end back and forth as the wheels spin, and you still were right with them? sounds like the guys you were racing were rookies.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

you came in 2nd and sounds like you had a wild ride!! I'd say that's a fun night right there!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kevind
so you spun bad, swinging the back end back and forth as the wheels spin, and you still were right with them? sounds like the guys you were racing were rookies.
well when I felt the spin i let off for lke half second and punch it again... thats when I was able to hold it but both cars bu that time where pulling on me
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

When you get some extra cash, get some gears. Should see a big dif.
At least you lost to some nice cars.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Why would you think it was in the bag when all u have is a catback and lid? You were racing a 5.0 that sounded mean as hell and almost the identical car.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:02 PM

^LOL good point.

Good run! I'm thinking gears like JAMcreations said and some drag radials to go with them. Then some headers!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:49 AM
11 Second Club

This May headers and gears will be installed... also S3 TB,.. Thought it was in the bag because soemtimes its about who jumps first and gets off the line faster... but that night I took of like ****...lol.. The stang did not jump as fast as I thought it would of