Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock 350z kills stock ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

debating hp numbers is worthless.... performance speaks volumes. and I dont know why people keep brining up the V-spec, when we are talking about the regular GTR .....

I dont even think the V-spec is coming to the states... even if it does its not in production yet...
Old 04-16-2008, 02:31 PM
***Repost Police***

I brought up the V-spec, just as something else to take into consideration. And you never know... we might get it stateside
Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I brought up the V-spec, just as something else to take into consideration. And you never know... we might get it stateside
Old 04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Teching In

yea but its really worthless to bring up the V-spec right now, when its not in production.... the GTR on the other has proved itself... on the 'ring.... and

then again at

Buttonwillow it rocked the Z06 and the 997TT on all season tires... it deserves credit... its faster than both on the track... some ppl just cant come to terms with this....
Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will continually bring up tires because it's a point that must be factored, good and bad, and weighed against the track itself, notice how I didn't mention which track. I could care a less about some papers times at xyz track. I'll go buy a track, have it covered in mud with hills and stuff, and have a Dodge Power Wagon vs. a sports car of xyz; guess which would win? Point being: I like my tracks to be massive and intense; you see all performance parameters; like the Nring or that new colorado track going in that's around 6 miles long.

I judge from the Nring times and weight factors and from firsthand when it comes to passenger cars. If I wanted to mention the "streets at buttonwillow" then I would have.

If you want to leg hump a Nismo, go elsewhere. I don't hate the thing, afterall, I'm waiting for the supposed V-spec so I can compare it against other potential track rat ve-hick-les.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OKcruising
I will continually bring up tires because it's a point that must be factored, good and bad, and weighed against the track itself, notice how I didn't mention which track. I could care a less about some papers times at xyz track. I'll go buy a track, have it covered in mud with hills and stuff, and have a Dodge Power Wagon vs. a sports car of xyz; guess which would win? Point being: I like my tracks to be massive and intense; you see all performance parameters; like the Nring or that new colorado track going in that's around 6 miles long.

I judge from the Nring times and weight factors and from firsthand when it comes to passenger cars. If I wanted to mention the "streets at buttonwillow" then I would have.

If you want to leg hump a Nismo, go elsewhere. I don't hate the thing, afterall, I'm waiting for the supposed V-spec so I can compare it against other potential track rat ve-hick-les.

there is a difference between leghumping and respecting a cars performance... thats what being an enthusiast is about......

the GTR has beaten the Z06 and 997tt in every test... every single one......

I brought up buttinwillow because wow what a suprise it won there as well

and it was on all season tires.... so the tire excuse goes out the window.... its a car that should be respected.. its fine not to like it.. but you cant ignore empirical evidence...

and for the record I wouldd take a 997tt over the GTR in a heartbeat... but I still know which one owns on the track...anyway I am done with this argument.... if you dont like the GTR so be it... but it has more than proved itself...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by C5_vette
there is a difference between leghumping and respecting a cars performance... thats what being an enthusiast is about......

and it was on all season tires.... so the tire excuse goes out the window.... its a car that should be respected.. its fine not to like it.. but you cant ignore empirical evidence...

and for the record I wouldd take a 997tt over the GTR in a heartbeat... but I still know which one owns on the track...anyway I am done with this argument.... if you dont like the GTR so be it... but it has more than proved itself...
x2... just because we can acknowledge that "X" car does something really well, doesn't make "X" our favorite car in the world.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

How has it proven itself? All the “tests” I’m aware of are highly suspect. It may be a great car, but I’ll reserve my judgment until it actually hits the streets and wins some legitimate races.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by MGorman
How has it proven itself? All the “tests” I’m aware of are highly suspect. It may be a great car, but I’ll reserve my judgment until it actually hits the streets and wins some legitimate races.
The 7:38 might have been on cut slicks, but it was also on a damp track. It's still a FAST car. And when you say "hits the streets and wins some legitimate races," are you talking about street races being legitimate?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's a distinct lack of hard data when it comes to the GTR because there are nearly always deviations from the norm that it uses for testing procedures, or excuses as to why it could do better. "My socks weren't on right, that's 5 seconds there." But the engineer from Nissan mis-hyped his pet car by stating they were seeing 2g's in the dry, yet how come he clearly states that the semi-dry sump is capable of up to 1.6g's . I can easily pull 2g's if I find the perfect corner too.

And by legitimate races, let's see them start showing up in force at drag strips or at large road track sanctioned events.

PS, I don't have to respect the car or even acknowledge it. I credit it as being a gloriously agile pig. And when/if I acquire one on down the road, I'll slap a sticker where the license plate should be and it'll say "Fat ***." Do I love it? No, do I hate it? No. Do I care about it? Not really. Will it possibly perform a function cost effectively? Maybe; if that drop a thou lbs. of weight so I don't have to buy tires every 30 minutes.

Last edited by OKcruising; 04-16-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

and even if the Z06 did there is no way it would make up the time difference
...and you know this for fact HOW?? (oh great, all knowing one )

So when can we expect to see you dumping your 'P.O.S.' <- domestic and rolling in one???!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by OKcruising
PS, I don't have to respect the car or even acknowledge it.
Didn't you know OK, you just CANNOT be an 'enthusiast' unless you worship the thing as they do! (It's actually against import fanboiee law!)
After all, how can you not, it being their new post Poopra savoir and all.

It's funny how all of these kids seem to know what kind of difference DR vs. street tires make in a street/track drag race, but somehow think a road race track tire just cannot make that much of a difference.

I've seen a seasoned driver take the SAME EXACT CAR out on first street tires, and then R compounds, and have a 3 second time difference on the SAME 50 second TOTAL time autocross course. SAME; driver, conditions, time, car, course. ONLY difference; tires.

No, they just don't make any difference.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Teching In

I never said you had to worship the car, I said I respected it... you dont like it great..... I am the farthest thing from an import Fan boy .... please point out one instance where i bashed a domestic vehicle.. thats right I didnt, cause I F*ckin own one....

and once again I brought up Buttonwillow because it was not running R compunds.. it was on all season tires... I was just trying to point out that it did well.....

on that list of cars the GTR would be my last choice....

I am quite happy with my "P.O.S" thanks.... clearly I am an import fan boi...

I respect imports and domestics.... I hate ricers....
Old 04-16-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have yall heard about the plasma lined cylinder bores on the GTR. May need to be replaced every 60,000 miles. The GTR is fast ( very fast but its ugly)
Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

The 7:38 might have been on cut slicks, but it was also on a damp track. It's still a FAST car. And when you say "hits the streets and wins some legitimate races," are you talking about street races being legitimate?
No, I mean once the car is purchased by the general public and makes a reputation for its self in various forms of auto sports while being driven by the owners of said vehicles. If it dominates its class in various SCCA events etc, then I say it’s legit. If I see it running low 11’s @ 125+ (stock) at my local track, then I say it’s legit.

Winning some street races which are then posted on LS1 Tech can't hurt either
Old 04-16-2008, 06:47 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by MEX-WS.6
ha ha ha i just raced a 350z the other day with my uncles 06 escalade and was right next to him and pulling on him. it governed around 110 but sure i could of taken him. it was from like a 50 mph roll
Um... Nobody is gonna believe that ****.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Teching In

a ha ha i just raced a 350z the other day with my uncles 06 escalade and was right next to him and pulling on him. it governed around 110 but sure i could of taken him. it was from like a 50 mph roll
Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by MEX-WS.6
a ha ha i just raced a 350z the other day with my uncles 06 escalade and was right next to him and pulling on him. it governed around 110 but sure i could of taken him. it was from like a 50 mph roll
Why did you delete your post... and then make the same retarded one 2 minutes later?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

It's believable. He didn't say Mustang, he said Escalade.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Now back onto the Gt-R discussion that is totally off the original thread........But............

It seems to me that manufacturers of boosted vehicles like to give automotive journalists a "loaded" car. Now all manufactures want the best car tested but in my opinion I think the cars that the automotive execs and journalists get are probably running a "few more psi" than the car that will show up on showroom floors. And I'm not saying that GM doesn't do it because we all know they do. I'm just saying it seems like when a automotive magazine/show does any performance test of a blown stock car like the EVO, WRX, and now the GT-R it seems like they always perform better absolutely bone stock for the testers than the joe's that buy them.

Are all this way? Who knows? And I'm just saying that COULD be the case with the GT-R. Might be the exact same hp on the showroom.......maybe not.

The real question is what is stopping the manufacturers from "embellishing" their cars?

And if a car is not "exactly" the same as the production car don't blown cars respond to mods easier?

But no lie though; they can all achieve the test data.......with some light modding.

I have heard stories about cars in the 60s doing 1/4 mile tests with slicks and headers.........pretty blatant but you get the point. What stops GM/whoever from throwing a trick cam in their test vehicles?

Like others have said I don't believe a word until they hit the street. Then they get cred.

Last edited by Lickeyman; 04-16-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply: stock 350z kills stock ws6