Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 almost took me out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.0 almost took me out!!!

(THIS RACE IS IMAGINED AND THE VIDEO IS COMPUTER GENERATED)http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ingVids001.flv Last Saturday my brother-in-law called me up and told me that people were meeting up to run at a local krispy cream.I hadn't been to any races in a long time and I wanted to see what everyone was runnin lately.When we showed up everyone was waiting for us already and people started takin pictures of my car and ****(Z06).I felt like a super star lol.I greeted a few people that I hadn't seen in a while and bs for a few minutes.So finally we all head up to a local industrial zone I waited for everyone to park and then went straight to the starting line.I rolled down my window and the president of a local car club asked me if I wanted to run.I said hell yeah.He calls out "Anyone wants this" as he points at me...a few seconds go by and everyone is silent.I tell my brother in law "WTF I use to step up even if I thought I was gonna get my *** handed to me" he told me everyone must be a little anxious.

A minute goes by and I heare a roar It was a red 5.0 lineing up.It sounded sweet *** hell.He started doin a burnout to warm up his M/T.I was thikin he's gonna rip me a new one since I can't get traction for **** in first gear.The flagger comes out and lines us up.He looks at me and I nod.My brother in law is gripping the door handle hard lol.The flagger then points at the other car and then raises his arms.The 5.0 is holding his revs and it feels like the ground next t me is shaking...its so damn loud I hold at about 1500 rpm,the flagger drops his hands and I pop the clutch he gets outta the hole hard!!! and I fall flat on my face.I LEFT THE TC ON!!! **** I let off and get back on the gas instantly I starte pulling the 2 1/2 car gain back.At the top of 1st I was at his rear bumper,I power shifted to 2nd get a little squirlly but continue to pull.I blast past him at about 70mph,I can't even hear myself think because his loud *** car lol.I shut it down at about 120mph and I got him by about 4-5 cars.I reached the end of the street and turned around just as he was doing coming up besides me we gave each other a thumbs up and headed back to the crowd.

I was starting to park when I here the sirens!!!Damn police was starting to block us in I got out into the street and mashed the gas around a bunch a cars trying to get away,I nearly hit a truck!!!I got out of the street and made a right.There was already a cop car starting to block that street so I made a left just as to more cop cars showed up. I managed to wiggle past them along with 5 other cars so now I'm blasting onto a big blvd and slowed it back down to the speed limit.My brother in law had an o'**** look on his face and I started to laugh.That was some of the most exhilarating fun I have had in a long time.We went back to the meeting spot but no one was there.We went home right after that and called it a night.The next day I found out a bunch of people got tickets and stuff.I'm just glad I got outta that one and I probably won't go to another gathering like that for a while LOL

Last edited by wicked-98; 05-14-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Good kill! Gotta watch out for those cars that can out-launch your doors off, lol.

Also, be careful with the escape. A ticket is better than a wrecked car and getting sued.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. That traction control is a killer when you forget to switch it off.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

hmmmm..sounds like an American car version of fast & furious
Old 04-21-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I knew that it sounded little like the **** and the curious but I wrote it just how it happend. That's how it goes down in the east bay (northern cali)
Old 04-21-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
hmmmm..sounds like an American car version of fast & furious
hahahaha it does

just needs some nawss
Old 04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Thats an awesome story bro, great kill!!!! and run!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounded like some fun... good kill!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

good story,good kill.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
hahahaha it does

just needs some nawss
lol I went to Vic Hubbards (local speed shop) and asked the guy at the counter to get me some nawwss.2 big bottles but he told me that since I was new at this that I was gonna blow my self up...then he told me a story about a guy in south cali that lost his diamond plated floorboard of his green ricecar I mean racecar because of it
Old 04-22-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice kill.........tcs the ultimate **** block lol
Old 04-22-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol I went to Vic Hubbards (local speed shop) and asked the guy at the counter to get me some nawwss.2 big bottles but he told me that since I was new at this that I was gonna blow my self up...then he told me a story about a guy in south cali that lost his diamond plated floorboard of his green ricecar I mean racecar because of it
dat funny right der I ont care who ya r
Old 04-22-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanx for the props guys...I thought he had me with the outrageous launch he had
Old 04-23-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill and story
Old 05-12-2008, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

dude i think i got a vid of this??? let me check real quick... union city right??
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

is this you....if it is hella funny! cuz ya the cops came in from behind where you lined up. n every1 scattered, n the cop started heading towards you guys....???? hahaha yea that was you huh? cuz i remember it was hella quiet when some1 asked anyone wanna go....? n all of a sudden some mustang roars up hahaha small world. well glad i got the vid for you man. i always seem to be in the right spot for takin vids. it weird everytime something happens with some1 im there takin a vid. i think it had nos to?? cuz if i remember right he purged it a lil b4?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

Good kill on the stock 5.0.... At the track I get put up against older Mustangs all of the time that look like they should rape you. For example there was a 98 cobra that I was talking to in line, he had a cage, fat slicks on the back, rear mount battery with shut off, heads cam etc. We take of and he runs a 14.x at 99mph?!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:40 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ta_06374
Good kill on the stock 5.0.... At the track I get put up against older Mustangs all of the time that look like they should rape you. For example there was a 98 cobra that I was talking to in line, he had a cage, fat slicks on the back, rear mount battery with shut off, heads cam etc. We take of and he runs a 14.x at 99mph?!
Wow... did he start in 3rd gear?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Wow... did he start in 3rd gear?
No Mustangs are just that slow.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ta_06374
Stock 5.0?
That 98 Cobra might have had a rear mount battery and...thats it. Since the 98 Cobra can run a high 13 with a somewhat competent driver a 14.x at 99 is stock times unless he is only running on two cylinders.