Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99-04Supercharged GT last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99-04Supercharged GT last night

I want to find the guy last night with red vert mustang gt with a black rag top, and with a procharger or vortech. around Dover, DE. we ran into him a liquor store, asked him what kind of blower he has. he tried to pass it off as one of those black boxes that whistle. i asked if he could pop the hood, he just said see ya. He was acting like he was king but his crown was taken.

i followed in my Goat knowing he wanted to play. Then a black 03/04cobra came up behind us. me and the GT played little but he kept getting the hit. on the way back i finally got to honk down 3 times and pulled 4-5 cars before we hit the brakes. then this Trans Am came out of no where and ran the GT and pulled really hard. Then the cobra ran him and pulled a car or two on him.

He had tinted windows i thought he was gonna roll them down to talk, but he never did. the GT was a auto. the funny part is he had a smirk on his face when he left the liquor store, and didn't want to talk but wanted to show me up, i guess he had a bad night, good thing he went to the liqour store prior.

Last edited by LSWONGTO; 04-26-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't talk because I do the same thing all the time. Seems that word about my s/c GT has gotten around (small town) so I've always got clowns asking me about the car. I usually don't tell them much, unless its at a car meet. Me telling them my car has a blower almost always leads to them wanting to set up a race right then and there in town. That's a no go for me.

Good kill btw.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the 'bone stock' before your cam and LT's, etc. That's funny.

He was probably putting down mid 300s at best. auto GT, vert. It takes a 'fair amount' of mods to get a GT A4 to upper 300s
Old 04-28-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
I can't talk because I do the same thing all the time. Seems that word about my s/c GT has gotten around (small town) so I've always got clowns asking me about the car. I usually don't tell them much, unless its at a car meet. Me telling them my car has a blower almost always leads to them wanting to set up a race right then and there in town. That's a no go for me.

Good kill btw.
I dont' keep my mouth shut. I love BS'n about cars. The only thing I can't stand is the arrogant ****** that can't 'just talk cars'. They all have to talk ****, or be quiet or whatever.....just race and have fun already.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill - he really got picked on that night!

There was a Rousch S/C Mustang manual at Sears Point with a newbie driver. Said it made 350rwhp with the standard airbox. He was running mid 13s at 110mph with major traction issues. Does that sound right? I trapped 109mph and a LS2 6M Vette, non Z-51 was having traction issues and trapping 111mph.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

nice story, guy sounds like he needs more then just booze.

Or maybe his buddy the ricer told him to put some natty ice in the tank for higher octane "its just like running alcohol injection, yo!"
Old 04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Deuuuce;9256628]Nice kill - he really got picked on that night!

QUOTE]

that's nothing, the other night i pulled around a car, from 2 cars back, on a cocky local guy with a vortech '05+ mustang gt, in my stock looking buick regal gs. this was just a few minutes after he openly laughed at my car, and he had 2 passengers with him as well. definitely a bad night for him.

also, the times in my sig are before i added a cam, car runs much better now.