Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 TA vs 08 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 TA vs 08 GT

okay so i raced and easily beat 3 new mustang GT's last fall but i was forced to drive my car all winter (through snow and ice) and it was a rough one for my baby, which now has about 125k on it. My car is running horribly due to a clogged cat and it's fully stock.

so earlier today i came across a brand new mustang with an older man wheeling it so i assumed he wouldn't race... until he piped me and did a smoky burnout...

i pulled to him at the light and after he confirmed i was stock he asked "ready to get your wings clipped"

"you won't have such a big head when we're finished(setting him up for later). race to 100MPH?" i suggested

he nodded and turned to the light, GREEN i spun like a b*tch, normally i hook well but it was a very busy road so there must have been alot of oil. i wasn't really prepared to pedal it so i fell to his rear bumper half way through 1st in my A4 and we were even again. around 5500rpm my defective exhaust came into play and i was a half length behind

finally after the torturous wait it shifted into second and i lunged up taking a fender lead. he pulled a fender back on me i shifted again to take a steady gain at 85mph pulling from him. when we finally hit 100 i had him by a car but we were at 135 and 3 cars before i braked (he didn't want to give up)

he pulled beside me and told me how my car was fast i laughed and told him that we are both slow, my car is running like ish and he will be known as the headless horseman

it's sad an beaten old car like mine beats fords new pony car
Old 04-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Banned

oh and i was beaten by a f%^&ng nissan altima today but i don't wanna talk about that
Old 04-27-2008, 04:25 AM
On The Tree

nice kill on the gt, theres an old man that lives a couple houses down with a newer gt convertible and it sounds beautiful, i wish our cars could sound that good, but hes always rolling by my house in 1st gear and makes sure to let me know hes driving by, i cant wait for the day i catch that son of a bitch on the road and blow his doors off...

but an altima? wtf
Old 04-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nor-texLS1
but an altima? wtf
ha yeah at our local spot too, the road in front of our parking lot is about 1 mile and no side streets, races all night! i was so ashamed.

there are 50+ mustangs and only 5 f-bodies all LS1's., of coarse i got an ear-full when we pulled in... but after he beat a blown fox body i didn't feel too bad
Old 04-27-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by toslo5o
oh and i was beaten by a f%^&ng nissan altima today but i don't wanna talk about that
Those altima's (3.5 SE) can be stout believe it or not. They have the same engine as the 350z (vq35de) and have less drivetrain loss than the Z due to it being front wheel drive. They are sleepers and can handle a 125 shot easily (on stock engine + spray= around 320whp/360wtq) and run high 12's. They only weigh 3000lbs and can beat some fast cars believe it or not. I know of one that was fully bolted on with tuning and nx wet 125.

Last edited by miamifan3413; 04-27-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

this car was bolt-ons no spray and mid 13s, i would have stuck with or beat him if my car wasn't f*d up. i like the looks of the 350Z but they're turds i've never had one beat me even well modded

of all the mustangs only 2 are stock and with my car running correctly i beat all but 10-15 of them and nost of them are FI 351's & 4.6's
Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nor-texLS1
nice kill on the gt, theres an old man that lives a couple houses down with a newer gt convertible and it sounds beautiful, i wish our cars could sound that good, but hes always rolling by my house in 1st gear and makes sure to let me know hes driving by, i cant wait for the day i catch that son of a bitch on the road and blow his doors off...

but an altima? wtf
with your mods you should walk him hard if he doesn't have ALOT of mods my car is runnin like dukie
Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

I raped a 07 gt just today..... I even gave him the hit. The funny thing is he was revving and acting a fool at the light. Then at the next light he rolled all his windows up and wouldn't even look at me.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Banned

lol this guy didn believe i was stock let alone a bad cat

nice kill btw

i gotta stop racin till i fix my car... it's kinda embarrassing to run with a stock stang
Old 04-29-2008, 06:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Go race a terminator cobra and see what happens.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Teching In

lol this guy didn believe i was stock let alone a bad cat

nice kill btw

i gotta stop racin till i fix my car... it's kinda embarrassing to run with a stock stang

good race but i would say he needs a driver mod cause if your cars runnin as bad as you say it is he prob would have pulled you because stock vs. stock there pretty close
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Go race a terminator cobra and see what happens.
No offense Captain Obvious but I'm pretty sure he knows a terminator would wax his ***. And BTW, a terminator is not exactly ford's new pony car.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

toslo5o please do 1 of 2 things. Stop making excuses for your clogged cat and just say if you win/lose. OR fix the cat so you can stop saying that's the problem. It's really driving me nuts
Old 04-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Creman
toslo5o please do 1 of 2 things. Stop making excuses for your clogged cat and just say if you win/lose. OR fix the cat so you can stop saying that's the problem. It's really driving me nuts
k well i won so i dont need an excuse... and i've raced a few before (fall season) and walked them so i thought it was interesting sorry your annoyed but its amusing to me
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

" i wasn't really prepared to pedal it so i fell to his rear bumper half way through 1st in my A4 and we were even again. around 5500rpm my defective exhaust came into play and i was a half length behind

finally after the torturous wait it shifted into second and i lunged up taking a fender lead. he pulled a fender back on me i shifted again to take a steady gain at 85mph pulling from him. when we finally hit 100 i had him by a car but we were at 135 and 3 cars before i braked (he didn't want to give up)

he pulled beside me and told me how my car was fast i laughed and told him that we are both slow, my car is running like ish and he will be known as the headless horseman

2 things..... 1) you're manually shifting your stock A4? Ummm why? and 2) he pulled beside you to give you props and post here and put a nut swinger next to his comment? Not very sportsman like if you ask me.

-Mark
Old 04-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

1) he was probably just describing as his car shifted
2) stop being a cry baby or <--- hahaha the one on the right is you and im the one on the left making you feel small

did you see how i just pushed you BAM BAM skeetawomped
Old 04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru
1) he was probably just describing as his car shifted
2) stop being a cry baby or <--- hahaha the one on the right is you and im the one on the left making you feel small

did you see how i just pushed you BAM BAM skeetawomped
oh I'm the cry baby now? Kids these days.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

When were you not the cry baby?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

That Altima SER is pretty sweet..would make a good dd
Old 04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
2 things..... 1) you're manually shifting your stock A4? Ummm why? and 2) he pulled beside you to give you props and post here and put a nut swinger next to his comment? Not very sportsman like if you ask me.

-Mark
im not manually shifting...sorry IT shifted

two i'm being unsportsman like because he was talkin **** and laughing like my car was a POS until i beat him. so he started it....