Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I thought Evos were quicker than this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flash0080
How does putting a blow off valve on the evo hurt its performance?Ive never heard that just wondering.
If I'm not mistaken, it has to due with how the MAF meters air... since the stock bypass system uses recirculation, you're actually taking away air that the computer thinks the car is still using. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Teching In

So they run draw-through mass air instead of blow-through.Ok now that makes since.Your right that on a draw-through system metered air should be recirculated.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Why were you banned from there??
Import trolling.

And no, I'm not kidding.

He had multiple names on LS1.com.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Only a true ricer would drive a piece of **** like that over a Z06, regardless of how fast it is.
I would have to completely agree. I may not put it in as mean of terms, but i definitely agree.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1nut377
thats the LS1 way
Unfortunately you just hit the nail on the head...

It's called ignorance because a lot of the posting isn't anything more than ignorant comments regarding 'ricers' being slow and peices of ****.

It's not that you guys 'don't like Evos' it's that you show your true colors for anything NOT a domestic. Get over yourselfs...F-Bodys are giant peices of **** with a good engine, hell I own one and I can admit to it.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z

It's called ignorance because a lot of the posting isn't anything more than ignorant comments regarding 'ricers' being slow and peices of ****.

It's not that you guys 'don't like Evos' it's that you show your true colors for anything NOT a domestic. Get over yourselfs...F-Bodys are giant peices of **** with a good engine, hell I own one and I can admit to it.
mabe yours is a piece of **** but mine is not! dumb ****! no i dont like evo's either, i can admit that some are fast, but i hate those damn things mabe you havent encountered ricers in the form that most have
Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

STFU!!! You commy bastard!!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned

Lol, i like f-bodys all around, all cars have minor problems, my legacy has some rattles and its a 05 and doesnt have t-tops lol. If i wanted an rx-7 or 240 wit ha ls1 i would have bought 1, they sell for less then alot of f-bodys. The engine is great, the T56 is amazing, t-tops and the styling of a T/A is unbeatable in my eyes, just the rear end needs to go.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

I think LS1nut377 was referring to how we (LS1Tech) must (and DO) accept the import fanboieee trollboyzz on here, but ANY domestic praising/stories or even trolling is verboten on their rice sites and cause for an INSTANT ban.
THAT is probably what he is referring to as the "LS1Tech way".

I do not call all of your imports "slow", or "pieces of ****".
Hell, I even like some of the designs/engineering/etc., believe it or not.
But I still refuse to ever buy/own one, and I also will not stand for import/rice fanboyzz calling me "ignorant, dumbass, rednecked, mulleted, ****, racist,etc." nor ANY of their other kneejerk BS monikers for that above stance!!!
I am just sick and tired of this WHOLE country's thinking (it's not just the ricetards) that import nameplates = MUST be; PERFECT/FAST/INFALLIBLE, and domestic nameplates MUST be; P.O.S./SLOW/FALL APART BEFORE LEAVING THE DEALER"S LOT bull f'ing ****!!!
The import fanboyzz' 'telephone game' also is kind of funny, but pisses me off at the same time because it stems from the above national sheeple mentality somewhat.

But it is funny that MY "giant piece of **** with a good engine" has lasted me > 100K miles of TOTAL abuse/daily driving with little to no
problems.
Others on here have even more miles on theirs with bigger power setups (spray, HC, FI, etc.) than mine and even MORE abuse with very few problems.
But because YOU (and all of the ricetards) say so, they MUST be abject "pieces of ****", right??
Why don't you join bobistheoilguy.com (you'd fit in GREAT over there with the GM/domestic BASHING azzclowns), and get yourself an import if you hate the thing sooo much??
Old 05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow... you pretty much have all verified that the term ignorant is spot on (in the very sense of the word.. if you think it's knee jerk please grab yourself a dictionary).

I don't own an EVO because it's not my thing.. doesn't mean I have to be an elitist and bash on it just because it's an import and thus 'a ricer'. Sad.

As far as bashing on the F-Body...I can rightfully do so with little regard to your 'feelings' on the matter... this is my 2nd and after 7 years of owning them (an LT1 and my LS1) it's hard to put my car on a one on one comparison with another car without price being a factor and claiming my car to be superior to another product. I am extremely happy with my car but even compared to an EVO my car fails to shine in anything but straightline acceleration. I guess I can handle living in reality... apparently alone.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

I never called an Evo a "ricer" as you claim.

Also, PLEASE, oh so holy, wise, and uppity brainiac explain to me how refusing to buy/own an import nameplate is "ignorant" as you claim?

So what are you going to compare your (yes, I know you don't own one) 'perfect' build quality Evo with without bringing price into the equation??

Last edited by dailydriver; 05-01-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Banned

Speak for yourself. F-bodies aren't "pieces of ****", my car is pretty damn well built overall. If you hate your car so much sell it to someone who will take care of it and buy on one your piece of **** imports that you seem to love so much.

And why does everyone have to like/respect Evos?? There is no ignorance, some people just simply don't like the car, myself included. Its ugly, slow, and sounds like dog ****. Its not about ignorance, its about taste, and if you own and Evo you obviously have non of the latter.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If I'm not mistaken, it has to due with how the MAF meters air... since the stock bypass system uses recirculation, you're actually taking away air that the computer thinks the car is still using. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
yes that is correct, most factory cars will lose power from a non oem bov. But they still sound kinda cool if that counts for anything.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Banned

Wow... you pretty much have all verified that the term ignorant is spot on (in the very sense of the word.. if you think it's knee jerk please grab yourself a dictionary).

I don't own an EVO because it's not my thing.. doesn't mean I have to be an elitist and bash on it just because it's an import and thus 'a ricer'. Sad.

As far as bashing on the F-Body...I can rightfully do so with little regard to your 'feelings' on the matter... this is my 2nd and after 7 years of owning them (an LT1 and my LS1) it's hard to put my car on a one on one comparison with another car without price being a factor and claiming my car to be superior to another product. I am extremely happy with my car but even compared to an EVO my car fails to shine in anything but straightline acceleration. I guess I can handle living in reality... apparently alone.
Ever heard of suspension upgrades?? F-bodies can me made to handle very well with the right mods, even stock they aren't bad. You're calling people ignorant when in fact you're the ignorant one, bashing your own car and praising imports like they are some kind of revelation. Evos build quality blows, the interiors are crap and everything falls apart. Just go on the evolution forums, all kinds of ****:

Water Leaks and Bad Wiring Harnesses

Car Doesn't Run

Mitsubishi Voiding All Warranties

Broken Down

Problems

And of course, Mitsubishis crappy engine issues

Transmission and Transfer Case Carnage

There are so many threads I could post this stuff all day long...bottom line is your import superiority complex is all in your head, you're obviously too ignorant to actually go out and research or do anything first hand, so you just regurgitate whatever you hear. And you end up looking like an idiot.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

I post one video and the whole thread goes to hell
Old 05-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by COD02SS
I post one video and the whole thread goes to hell
Well, for some reason you felt it necessary to pull the rice card and post up some gay fully built evo beating up on cars with less than half as much invested. Yea, that generally starts ****
Old 05-01-2008, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Well, for some reason you felt it necessary to pull the rice card and post up some gay fully built evo beating up on cars with less than half as much invested. Yea, that generally starts ****
and you feel it necessary to pull the money card. If the guy can afford to mod his EVO who gives a ****.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
and you feel it necessary to pull the money card. If the guy can afford to mod his EVO who gives a ****.
Well obviously I give a **** smartass. If he would race cars with as much money in mods invested as he has, he'd be getting his *** handed to him. But he'd rather beat up on cars with substantially less modifications than his in order to make himself and his shitty car look better. After all, thats the ricer mentality.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

LOL That needs to be a new racing bracket!!! No longer worry about times a car runs. Show up with your receipts and race off those.

Come on dude.

GTO's are slow.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
LOL That needs to be a new racing bracket!!! No longer worry about times a car runs. Show up with your receipts and race off those.

Come on dude.

GTO's are slow.
So fully built motor cars racing bolt on cars is fair??

All I'm saying is he should pick on someone who is as substantially modded as he is. He probably has the equivelent in mods of the purchase price of the car

And whats this about GTO's being slow??