Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I thought Evos were quicker than this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
So fully built motor cars racing bolt on cars is fair??

All I'm saying is he should pick on someone who is as substantially modded as he is. He probably has the equivelent in mods of the purchase price of the car

And whats this about GTO's being slow??
LOL It's a on going thing I have with the goat boys.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
***Repost Police***

All I'm saying is he should pick on someone who is as substantially modded as he is. He probably has the equivelent in mods of the purchase price of the car

And whats this about GTO's being slow??
So if you got a forged rotating assembly and a good h/c/i setup, you wouldn't go out and race bolt-on Z06s? And if you won, you wouldn't take pride in it?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So if you got a forged rotating assembly and a good h/c/i setup, you wouldn't go out and race bolt-on Z06s? And if you won, you wouldn't take pride in it?
I wouldn't go out and challenge people with much less mods invested in their car who I know I'm going to beat. And then make a stupid video about it and post it on forums that I'm not even a member of, just to start ****. Its just completely pointless.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

Well, for some reason you felt it necessary to pull the rice card and post up some gay fully built evo beating up on cars with less than half as much invested. Yea, that generally starts ****
How is a 600awhp EVO the "Rice" Card? Please tell us your definition of rice. Lemme guess.. Anything other then a car with a V8 and Rwd.

As for which car had more money invested.

C5 Z06 - 30K+
Vortech KIt - 5K
Built Shortblock - 3-4K
AFR Heads - 2K+

What makes you think the EVO had more into it then the C5. I bet it pisses you off that a little 4 banger with a turbo kicked the **** out of a built V8 with a blower.

"Technology is the Replacement for Displacement"... Gratuitous Supra comment inserted.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by COD02SS
How is a 600awhp EVO the "Rice" Card? Please tell us your definition of rice. Lemme guess.. Anything other then a car with a V8 and Rwd.

As for which car had more money invested.

C5 Z06 - 30K+
Vortech KIt - 5K
Built Shortblock - 3-4K
AFR Heads - 2K+

What makes you think the EVO had more into it then the C5. I bet it pisses you off that a little 4 banger with a turbo kicked the **** out of a built V8 with a blower.

"Technology is the Replacement for Displacement"... Gratuitous Supra comment inserted.
im sure it takes more than 40k to build an evo like that
Old 05-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by toslo5o
im sure it takes more than 40k to build an evo like that
The AMS stroker kit is 3K...

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...products_id=94

Not sure what kind of turbo they are using.. GT35R = 1200 dollars, Cams = 600+

4G63 is a VERY flexible engine platform.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow I am an import fan boy...ok. (since i've never owned ANY import other than my Camaro which is about as imported as it can get haha)...

What I am saying is you guys bashing all imports for no reason other than 'taste' which is subjective is ignorant. Rip on it because it can't handle, or it costs too much, or the interior is cheaply made, or the radio is subpar, etc... but just to rip on it because... *crickets*... You only make yourself look bad (well to everyone except the other people you have swinging from your anti-import *******)..

As far as listing problems..do you really want to go there? We have hundreds of pages full of problems posted on this forum... that's about as close to naive as you can get.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Well obviously I give a **** smartass. If he would race cars with as much money in mods invested as he has, he'd be getting his *** handed to him. But he'd rather beat up on cars with substantially less modifications than his in order to make himself and his shitty car look better. After all, thats the ricer mentality.
Looks to me like he raced a car that was modified enough to make more WHP than the EVO.

More gay rice excuses from the guy who hates rice. You have no idea what the guy has spent on his EVO. Even if you did who cares the guy has the wallet to make the power. By your "thinkin" (I use that term loosly) nothing would be a fare race for a 5.0 because they can be made very fast for very little.

I wouldn't go out and challenge people with much less mods invested in their car who I know I'm going to beat. And then make a stupid video about it and post it on forums that I'm not even a member of, just to start ****. Its just completely pointless.
Really...... a car putting down slightly less power knows he is going to beat a car with slightly more power. Let me guess the EVO owner knew he was making more HP, the EVO owner made the vide and inflated the Vettes numbers just to be cooler. What other ricer excuse are you going to throw out?

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
LOL That needs to be a new racing bracket!!! No longer worry about times a car runs. Show up with your receipts and race off those.
Seriously.

I would like to apologize to everyone on this board that thought ETs, HP, and trap speed were the stardards for performance. We have all been decieved. It is now very aparent that money is the true indicator of performance. It doesn't matter if both cars make similar power we now should break down dollar per HP to get the appropriate information. If one car A has spent more money to make similar power then car B will get a specific amount of lengths per dollar in order to make things "even".

Soon the NHRA will start handing out Wallys, not for the quickest car, but for the best budget build.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by COD02SS
The AMS stroker kit is 3K...

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...products_id=94

Not sure what kind of turbo they are using.. GT35R = 1200 dollars, Cams = 600+

4G63 is a VERY flexible engine platform.
Agreed that money should not be a factor except for the old tried and true adage that "ANYTHING can be made fast with enough time, money and testing".
BUT, IF you are trying to show what kind of 'bargain' your Evo is then maybe you should add into the Evo's costs ALL of the cost of the shop time/R&D/testing/tuning, etc. that AMS can just 'write off' (for THAT particular Evo) being a tuner shop??
I'll bet that adds up to one pretty penny, no?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Agreed that money should not be a factor except for the old tried and true adage that "ANYTHING can be made fast with enough time, money and testing".
BUT, IF you are trying to show what kind of 'bargain' your Evo is then maybe you should add into the Evo's costs ALL of the cost of the shop time/R&D/testing/tuning, etc. that AMS can just 'write off' (for THAT particular Evo) being a tuner shop??
Probably even more so now. That car has been rid of that setup for a while. He threw on a bigger turbo, made 300whp more (on the same motor) and disappeared after a few videos. I'm sure he's got a pretty penny in the car. Not considering that he only runs C16 in that thing.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Banned

I wasn't trying to say that the EVO is a bargin. I only posted the video because some jackass said that EVO's are slow from a roll. Both cars were badass in the video.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Agreed. Are they the cheapest car to modify, not at all, but they aren't the most expensive either.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOW someone this thread. Come on people this is as hell to fight on the internet. All I have to say is I love my country and i'm in the USCG, but everyone on this thread is saying they will only drive a domestic car and think they are supporting an American company. Well your not when most people on LS1 tech bought a used T/A or Camaro including myself! If you buy the new camaro coming out, then that is different. If you want to put money in the US then buy American gas and not foreign gas such as ExxonMobil. You will have to man up and pay a lil more for american gas. This is my .02
Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

haha, onedumbassws6 getting owned by his own crowd once again, and we're the one's who are supposed to be the trolls as he like's to say.

Has he ever proven that he has a WS6 yet, I remember him being called out on it numurous time's...

To the poster above me, these threads always get locked thanks to him, he has to jump into every evo thread and spew page's and page's of bs, touting his ignorance on eeevery page as if it's fact, it's pathetic how naive he is...
Old 05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CoastieWS6
Well your not when most people on LS1 tech bought a used T/A or Camaro including myself!
So I guess that I'm the only one on here who bought their f body brand new??
I had to order it in fact (FULL delete 1SC).
Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmy169
haha, onedumbassws6 getting owned by his own crowd once again, and we're the one's who are supposed to be the trolls as he like's to say.

Has he ever proven that he has a WS6 yet, I remember him being called out on it numurous time's...

To the poster above me, these threads always get locked thanks to him, he has to jump into every evo thread and spew page's and page's of bs, touting his ignorance on eeevery page as if it's fact, it's pathetic how naive he is...
Onebad just has a 1990 Civic hatch that he thinks is a WS6
Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

So I guess that I'm the only one on here who bought their f body brand new??
I had to order it in fact (FULL delete 1SC).
Negative, I said (Most) . But lets be honest here, most of us that are 27 and younger did not buy a new T/A or camaro. My point is it doesn't matter if you buy a new import or domestic car, because none are made 100% by there country. Gas on the other hand is either imported or domestic. So my question is, If your a domestic fan do you only use american oil and gas or are you being a hypocrite? This question is for people who only buy domestic cars.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CoastieWS6
Negative, I said (Most) . But lets be honest here, most of us that are 27 and younger did not buy a new T/A or camaro. My point is it doesn't matter if you buy a new import or domestic car, because none are made 100% by there country. Gas on the other hand is either imported or domestic. So my question is, If your a domestic fan do you only use american oil and gas or are you being a hypocrite? This question is for people who only buy domestic cars.
Well I am NOT 27 or younger, maybe that's why I have some sense of time and history/tradition.
I also remember when your 'perfect' Japanese cars were the biggest piles of **** on the road!
Unlike gen rice.

But anyway, HOW do YOU know exactly which company's fuels are 110% domestic sourced 100% of the time??
Please list the companies.
Marathon maybe??
Old 05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Banned

Well I am NOT 27 or younger, maybe that's why I have some sense of time and history/tradition.
I also remember when your 'perfect' Japanese cars were the biggest piles of **** on the road!
Unlike gen rice.

But anyway, HOW do YOU know exactly which company's fuels are 110% domestic sourced 100% of the time??
Marathon maybe??
History and Tradition..

Do you really think that car company's CARE if you think that way?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Unlike gen rice.

Marathon maybe
??
I know who they are because i'm in the millitary (USCG) and we only buy fuel from American companys and foreign country companys that are allied with America. We have a list on my ship and I'll post them up Sunday. ( i have duty Sunday )