Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 Kill Stories

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Kill Stories

Let me start this by saying, I am in high school. I live in a rich area of town and most kids at my school come from affluent upper middle class families. However, I'm not and i BOUGHT my Ls1 with my own money from my own work and a lot of saving. Anyways, since I've been in middle school I have wanted to have the fastest car at my high school. In one more race... I will

Here is the story about 3 of the 4 "fastest" cars.

I've been racing since I bought my car but my first race against someone I knew was against a 2005 Nissan Titan. The kid claimed it had 450 hp and was talkin all kinds of bull about how it would "rape" my 01 z28. So I told him it was on! About 15 kids showed up at our drag racing road, which is an un-used two lane road seperating an orchard and the desert, right after school. Me and him lined up and made our bets, $50 to the winner. At 3 beeps we started, at first I struggled for traction but once I hooked up the race was pretty much over, I won by about 50 lengths. I went home $50 richer and noticed by the top 3.

The next week I met number 2 fastest car. A 1989 Trans Am with a GM 350 crate motor, a custom ground camshaft, and exhaust cut off at the headers.
Once again, we went to the drag road. Same story pretty much, but less people with this one. We hit it and he caught traction first and was off in front of me by about 2 lengths, then my top end started pushing out my full 347 hp at the wheels and I was closing in fast. He was taking up the whole road so I went half way off the road in loose dirt and floored it around him! I fishtailed a little bit but kept it in control and then went on to win by around 15 lengths.

The last story is the number three guy. I just raced him tonight. His daddy bought him a relatively new ( I don't know the exact year) VW Gti, and it's turbocharged. I met him at the QT and he thought he knew a lot about what he was saying. said he had a twin turbo setup on a 4 cyl. ? I'm not sure but isn't that like ridiculus? the turbo lag would be forever! I think anyways, I'm not that good with forced induction facts. But anyways, we raced and I was a little afraid, I have to admit, because I hadn't raced a car with an aftermarket turbo setup and didn't know what to expect. But I blew his doors off it was barely even a race!

So now I guess I'm the second fastest car at my school!
number one is gonna be tougher though.

It's a 1970 chevelle with a 454 and 410 hp at the crank. It weighs a ton though, and he's on street tires. I'm nervous, but it will be AWESOME if I win

By the way, all these cars except the Trans Am were bought by spoiled rich kids parents.

and my camaro is a 2001 nbm z28 that has full exhaust and a dyno tune. A4 unfortunately too, but im switching it out for a viper spec t-56 with my uncles help this summer. Also coming soon is a Texas Speed V4 cam and texas speed valve springs. Thanks for reading!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet kills man!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Launching!

nice car and awsome kills...fyi some of the gtis come with turbos..but there slow...
Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

good kills man! it feels good being the fastest at your school. (i am) friend got a 93 mustang 5.0 n hes a kid who always talks **** about everything. so when he got it was like since you talk so much lets race? still havent raced yet (hes always busy) but i know ill murder him alive. but yea so he just walks around sayin yea im the second fastest car in the parking lot! n i just look at him n smile

post up when you race the chevelle. should be a good race. though. he is a heavy *** mother so even maybe? u def have more top end n the weight so ya??
Old 05-12-2008, 02:23 AM
12 Second Club

I know how it is to be the fastest car at my highschool. Though barely anyone would run me :/ Guess they got scared when they saw the cage... or when they heard it start up. Lol you could hear that thing at the end of the parking lot when it started up. Mind you the parking lot was like 2 football fields long.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There's a difference between being fast & powerful and being loud & annoying.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:08 AM
On The Tree

good kills man congrats...i graduated highschool last year so i know the kinda things that go on when it comes to kids braggin about their car and all the nonsense. Take it easy on the "daddys car" comments. I respect your hard work and committment but can you blame them for being lucky to be given a car? not fair. Oh and one more thing, WTF is wrong with A4s???? hahaha
Old 05-12-2008, 04:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slammer454
There's a difference between being fast & powerful and being loud & annoying.
Cut-out's are a glorious thing aren't they
Old 05-12-2008, 04:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes they are.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its pretty bad when the fastest car at my high school was my 90 eclipse gst. with 3inch turbo back exhaust,kn, and 17psi.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:20 AM
11 Second Club

i had a 77 datsun b-210 in Highschool

it was hella fast
Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

if your car is nice why don't you just sell it and buy an m6 car...a lot easier
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
if your car is nice why don't you just sell it and buy an m6 car...a lot easier
i just noticed he said it was a a4...

that blows...
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats awesome man. Those were the days!! I remember racing all the spoiled rich kids and runnin off on em. Be careful and be very selective on where you do your racing at. I had one instance kinda like yours where this dude wanted to race on this old *** country road that had some loose gravel about 60' out...bad deal! I didn't realize it was that bad til I was side by side with this guy and my et streets were all over the road about to run him off it!

What tires are you on? Sounds like you should be able to take that 70 chevelle pretty easily if it's full weight and on narrow street tires. Just don't get a big head, theres always someone faster somewhere..but enjoy wearin everyone else out findin em haha
Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you have an 01' Z28, racing A 2005 Nissan Titan is a bigtime waste of gas.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kills man, i also have the fastest car in my high school hands down. The only 'competition' i really have is my friends dad's 330ci or the other punks in thier monte carlos who think they stand a chance.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dougsbluels1
and I was closing in fast. He was taking up the whole road so I went half way off the road in loose dirt and floored it around him! I fishtailed a little bit but kept it in control and then went on to win by around 15 lengths.
Nice kills but this gave me pause. You have no idea how close you both were to having a huge wreck and getting killed when that happens.

You need to know when to back off, and back off fast in order to keep it safe. Shame on him for taking up your lane. At that point, stop and chastise him for driving like a dumbass and race him again.

If traffic or traction are an issue, DON'T RACE.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its nice being the fastest kid, i graduated last year too. Everyone talked **** sayin how this kids 5.0 mustang was gonna kick my *** (98 z28 a4). We went to the drag strip, he ran a 14.8, i ran a 13.5 with only 1st and second, the **** *** hypertech made me hit the rev limiter and wouldnt shift.

on a side note my school was a private school with cameras. I got called into the principals office one day and he showed me a video of my car doing a burnout out of the parking lot, i just smiled, cause there was no lie that could get me out of that. All i got was a "dont do it again" and a good story to tell lol
Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

You should have the Chevelle. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Restricted User

Nice kills....now go get that Chevelle and show him what an LS1 can do.....