Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 vert vs imports of chicago lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 vert vs imports of chicago lol

i was on my way back from western ave, having just dropped the girlfriend off and looking for a white castle when i was suddenly surrounded by five imports. they all had stickers, and ridiculous exhaust, and pointed to the gas station ahead for me to pull in, so i did. I get out, not knowin whats about to happen, and they come up to me, and here was the first mistake. he leans into my car, over my window (top down, windows up, was chilly out) and taps my boost gauge on the Apillar, calling it a fake, when my blower whine is clearly noticeable from any speed, including idling at a light.
the "leader" in a brand new EvoX said that if i beat the turbo civic hatch and the prelude, i could race him. I looked at the two cars he had mentioned, with the garage paintjobs peeling and the stickers with air bubbles in them, and said i wouldnt waste my gas, but would give him a run. he shook his head no, in which case i turned and got back in my car. he agreed right before i started it, and i just grinned.
we pull out and line up at the light, having waited for it to change without traffic, and agreed to go on green. well, this douche was banging off the limiter before the opposing lights even went yellow. I watch the opposing lights change, bring it up on the stall, and launch. Were even for a heartbeat because i spun so bad, and just walked him, by 65 i was ahead by atleast four cars and gaining more fast. I turn the hazards on, slow down, and he blows right by me, flipping me off.
well good thing i slowed down, because about a block ahead of me, red and blue lights start flashing and he gets busted.

i love the midwest
Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

^^funny story. good killl OP! looks like a nice ride you got there.
Its funny you had to make your way thru this ricer organisation so you could earn the right to fight against the ''BOSS''
Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Teching In

thanks man. i like to think its nice, but the stock cubes just arent cutting it anymore. im waiting til winter before i tear it apart though, figure i should enjoy it at least one summer.

it was like something out of a video game, rather pathetic really. they probably all grew up playing need for speed or something.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Restricted User

He would have lost his damn hand the second it came past my door. JK.
But on a serious note, the EVO X isn't even that quick. Still a good kill, sounded like fun (good laughs)
I even heard a nasty rumour that it's slower than an EVO 9 MR.
God knows it's twice as ugly.
By 2010, all these little fad kids are either going to be kicking themselves, blowing out their bottom ends "crankin da boost", or tradin in their fugly cars.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Teching In

they are somewhat slower than a 9MR, especially in a straightline, due to some weight gain, and not too much gain in (if any) in the horsepower realm. they are more known now for even better, sure footed handling on the road courses, with all different sorts of computer controlled BS.

but it was fun to put some douche in his place. all things considered, a fun race
Old 05-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Restricted User

I'm sick of these AWD puss cars. Why can't people just learn how to drive? Road racing an EVO, or sklyine (shudders) is far too simple and if anything they're boring.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 seeker
I'm sick of these AWD puss cars. Why can't people just learn how to drive? Road racing an EVO, or sklyine (shudders) is far too simple and if anything they're boring.
i know; launching your car, getting the front end to stand up, the sound of a large cube engine roaring. is much more pleasing (to me at least) than road racing. i would much rather watch drag racing than any road racing or even nascar. it holds my attention
Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Good kill OP. What times does your car run?

The stock Evo X is definitely not a straight line car but is quite nasty in the turns. The moron who raced you deserves what he got.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1SC95Z
well good thing i slowed down, because about a block ahead of me, red and blue lights start flashing and he gets busted.
This is classic, too bad you didn't get a picture?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

funny story...road racing is also a lot of fun in any variety drivetrain...but only if you're going left and right
Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Teching In

unfortunately i didnt get a picture, my phone doesnt have a camera, or i would have.
my car runs 11.30's as it sits right now. which surprised me, but its not enough. i want the fastest stock block LT1 convertible, and since i dont know what the record, if any currently is, i guess i just have to keep on modding.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

thats pretty quick for an lt
Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

They picked on the wrong car, lol. I really don't know why they think they can hang.

I "raced" a Prelude once and played with him for a bit. I think he got pissed when I actually floored it and left him.

I have been on road coarses with Evo's and STi's and was still not impressed. Hell, an STi could not take turn 7 at Texas World Speedway as fast as I could. That turn really loads the suspension and those AWD cars do not like it at all.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Teching In

thank you speedshifter. like i said, i want the record. and even though im sure not many people bother building a convertible, im sure the record, if one does in fact exist, is rather quick.
but, i made a rule for myself in that no spray will ever be used,
Old 05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Launching!

LOL, classic story. You're a brave man pulling over for them in the city... I probably would have but would've been ready to bail the f*** out of there.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ten32
LOL, classic story. You're a brave man pulling over for them in the city... I probably would have but would've been ready to bail the f*** out of there.
Thought the same thing.

These guys seem like they've watched a little too much Fast and Furious or played one too many racing games (referring to the "car gang" thing they had going on). Nice to see you beat them though.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

once you get as fast as your going to go then spray it..lol
Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill man. not sure I woulda pulled over for the ricer hood rats, but hey, you came out okay.

I like the cop part, it reminds me of the time when some idiot in a riced out Taurus was too busy talking **** at me to notice the marked police cruiser sitting right behind him at the light.

He noticed it I'd say about 10 seconds after his launch when the red and blues went on.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ten32
i was thinking the same thing, but its nothing a 15 inch mag flashlight to keep them honest. well if they ask what the flashlight is for, "i like to see what i'm looking at when check out your ride" good kill by the way.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, funny story. I, too, would have been leary about pulling over for that. At least you know you could have gotten away if they started chasing you.