Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 GT & 04 GTO vs. LS1 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96 GT & 04 GTO vs. LS1 WS6

96 GT - Buddy just wanted to run to see where his car stands...I think it's a stock automatic (he just got it).

Race: Dig, spun allllll the way threw first with him a car ahead, hooked, and passed him at a considerable rate and let off at 65-70. My G/F even asked me "was he flooring it the whole time?!" since I was keeping with him while ROASTING the tires. My buddy after the race said "i heard your tires and was just waiting for you to hook haha"

04 GTO
- Some douche that thinks he's really fast...stock from the looks of it and automatic too.

Race: Dig, half throttle for a few seconds pacing eachother, then both floored it at the exact same time...pulled a solid car while spinning before we hit the 45mph speed limit. YES I KNOW, very very short but this is all I get around here. He wouldn't pull next to me anymore either.

TONIGHT: 89 Golf with VR6 swap. Stock VR6 with exhaust is what I can tell. 5 speed. UGLY AS SIN. The moonroof is just a hole cut out, no glass no nothing.

The only reason I am even mentioning this embarrassing car is because the guy apparently has been talking about how rediculously fast it is and that he will 'race wherever we want to lose" blah blah blah never loses...typical stuff. I will try to get video but otherwise a story will have to do.

Just thought I would post up the only races I have had so far this year. Last year all I had was a 1.8T Passat(slow as hell) and a intake only turbo eclipse(FF body style but not riced).

I have very very little to race around here so oh well.

Dan
Old 05-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

Dont let us down! And get pics of that shitbox!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Restricted User

Yeah. Good ****.
A lot of **** that got the Goat when it was stock thought they were hard core.
I like the GTO, but at the time there was a similar douche at my school woth a stocked out bronze GTO and another poser-clown with a ricey yellow drift GTO
Both were portly LS1s w/ shitty drivers, layin the smack down in the Z28 was fun
Good runs BTW, good job
Old 05-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Restricted User

As for the VW...
Assuming his last car was the 89 Golf w/ the stocker motor (before swap), I wouldn't be surprised if he thought his swap ***** of a car was super duper quick!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

You should of sand bagged the 96 GT, just to make him feel better. Wasting your tires isn't worth it. Way to git r dun!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

^He was just a guy I talk to whenever I see him. We both knew the outcome haha. Besides I am getting new tires very soooon.

I can't wait to see this **** box. I will see about pics.

Dan
Old 05-24-2008, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=LS1 seeker;9426513]Yeah. Good ****.
I like the GTO, but at the time there was a similar douche at my school woth a stocked out bronze GTO and another poser-clown with a ricey yellow drift GTO
Both were portly LS1s w/ shitty drivers, layin the smack down in the Z28 was fun
Good runs BTW, good job[/QUO

That is one of the most stupid statements i have ever read on this or any forum. How can any intelligent person group all people that drive a certain kind of car a *** or douche? You must be a kid to make such stupid statements. You are the kind of car owner that gives all f-body owners a bad image.

Last edited by jmdgto; 05-25-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Restricted User

[QUOTE=jmdgto;9427428]
Originally Posted by LS1 seeker
Yeah. Good ****.
Good runs BTW, good job[/QUO

your statement is one of the stupidest statements i have ever read on this or any forum. how can any intelligent person group all people that drive a certain kind of car a *** or douche? you must be a kid to make such stupid statements. you are the kind of car owner that gives all f-body owners a bad image.
Actually smartass, you clearly didn't understand what I meant (probably my fault, I had a rough day). Here goes (again): when the GTO first came out a couple of douche bags at my school bought one, talked non stop **** to me and couldn't drive worth ****. I absolutely destroyed them at the time (my Z28 was far from stock). That is what I meant to say. I didn't mean to say anything in general about the GTO or the people who own them; just that I ran into two douche bags in GTOs, like the guy the OP ran into. Nice job using the word stupidest though. You insult my intelligence and then use a word that isn't even in the dictionary, good job
I enjoyed your punctuation and capitalization as well.

Last edited by LS1 seeker; 05-24-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=LS1 seeker;9427661]
Originally Posted by jmdgto

Actually smartass, you clearly didn't understand what I meant (probably my fault, I had a rough day). Here goes (again): when the GTO first came out a couple of douche bags at my school bought one, talked non stop **** to me and couldn't drive worth ****. I absolutely destroyed them at the time (my Z28 was far from stock). That is what I meant to say. I didn't mean to say anything in general about the GTO or the people who own them, just that I ran into douche bags in GTOs, like the guy the OP ran into. Nice job using the word stupidest though. You insult my intelligence and then use a word that isn't even in the dictionary, good job
Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Restricted User

^I try my hardest
And yes, I am one of several grammar *****.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol at the gf's comment
Old 05-24-2008, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

My buddy (with the B18 '00 Civic hatch..clean and non riced) talked to the golf owner. I swear I never catch anyone around to talk to them, wtf?

Anyway, we got an excuse. "The people that changed my oil put too much in and screwed up my spark plugs so now I have 30 less HP."

I think he asked around about my car.

SUPPOSED to race him tomorrow at 6pm(wtf again?) but I don't see it ever happening. It's **** slow anyway. If I ever see it I will take a pic with my phone cam and send it to one of you to put it on here.

Dan
Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 AM
12 Second Club

See if you can talk your buddy into a PI swap. With bolt ons and gears he's got a decent little car. You can get used blowers for a 4.6 'stang for around $2,000 or less, which would be alot of fun.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

i wonder how he knows he has 30 less hp b/c of an oil change that put too much oil in lol
Old 05-25-2008, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

yea PI swap would be his only motivation for keeping the car after that rude awakening
Old 05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=LS1 seeker;9427661]
Originally Posted by jmdgto

Actually smartass, you clearly didn't understand what I meant (probably my fault, I had a rough day). Here goes (again): when the GTO first came out a couple of douche bags at my school bought one, talked non stop **** to me and couldn't drive worth ****. I absolutely destroyed them at the time (my Z28 was far from stock). That is what I meant to say. I didn't mean to say anything in general about the GTO or the people who own them; just that I ran into two douche bags in GTOs, like the guy the OP ran into. Nice job using the word stupidest though. You insult my intelligence and then use a word that isn't even in the dictionary, good job
Excuse me for the error. I did not realize you are a school teacher. I assumed you were a student from your comments. My opinion of you is still the same.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Restricted User

[QUOTE=jmdgto;9429264]

Excuse me for the error. I did not realize you are a school teacher. I assumed you were a student from your comments. My opinion of you is still the same.
So... You're opinion based on an incorrect inference about my previous statement still remains after I have cleared everything up? Wow, you are a smart cookie.
Here, let me try and dumb it down for you little man:
I try to only write about MY experiences, which is what I meant to do in this case. If I accidentally made any generalizations about the GTO, or their owners, then I take them back. Good day, and please try to deduce things before drawing such rash conclusions;thanks
By the way, you used a past tense and present tense in your second sentence. Good try though.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

So... You're opinion based on an incorrect inference about my previous statement still remains after I have cleared everything up? Wow, you are a smart cookie.
Here, let me try and dumb it down for you little man:
I try to only write about MY experiences, which is what I meant to do in this case. If I accidentally made any generalizations about the GTO, or their owners, then I take them back. Good day, and please try to deduce things before drawing such rash conclusions;thanks
By the way, you used a past tense and present tense in your second sentence. Good try though.
ahh, the old grammar attack... the #1 weapon of someone who is so wrapped up in their own self-congratulatory bullshit that they don't realize when they have lost.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by dgr00s
ahh, the old grammar attack... the #1 weapon of someone who is so wrapped up in their own self-congratulatory bullshit that they don't realize when they have lost.
Actually, I started with the grammar attack when he had the gall to say I was unintelligent. This is after he used the word "stupidest" to insult me.
By the way, only the last sentence was about grammar, the rest were very accurate and to the point. I see your reading comprehension skills are just as accurate as his though.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Restricted User

This was entertaining and all, but now it's just boring.
I'll let you know when I want to argue with a cretin again JMDGTO.
Until then, have a good day.
As for you, dgr00s, my main theme in both posts was very clear. The grammar comments were just extra little touches in there as a retort to his comments about my intelligence.