On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mustang GT vs Bmw M3 2008 vs Stockz

Here is the set up..

My car 00 Z28 6 speed
Ls1 with cam Approx 400rwhp

Mustang 99ish GT Vert Unknown Mods ???

Bmw 2008 M3 Stock

i was on my way home from the drag strip.. i see a GT and a Bmw playing.. in my rear view... hard to tell from my view who had an advantage.... THEN the guy in the M3 spots me.. and runs up on me..

First Run:The stang stays back for the first run.. I hit it and pulled pretty easy.. to about 2 and a half cars..

2nd run he come back up i pull out my camara phone out.. he takes the hit.. and u can see i pull easy on him ..

THEN..... THE REAL FUN BEGAIN

The stang pulles up to the Bmw.. im behind the BMW they hit it .. I come around the Gt before i hit thrid gear .. and them proceed to pull around the M3 .. he points .. to the off ramp

We both jump off... at the next exit and pull over and he said.. my car runs good ..BUT not that good.. what do u have in that thing.. I said "6.0l block a cam and stock heads" Wow that thing flys .. I say Nice car..
His name is Scott from Nashville.. cool car nice runs.. Nice guy

He said i cant wait to get NOS .. i said yeah i cant wait to install some new heads

so i invited him over to the speed shop this week.. we'll see what happens

Hope not to boring.. I had fun
Old 06-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Restricted User

I can't make heads or tails of a single one of your videos. You should keep a decent camera with you if you're going to record stuff, good effort though. Was that your camera phone? Good kill against the BMW, they're pretty quick form a roll and amazing around a track.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1 seeker
I can't make heads or tails of a single one of your videos. You should keep a decent camera with you if you're going to record stuff, good effort though. Was that your camera phone? Good kill against the BMW, they're pretty quick form a roll and amazing around a track.
\

yeah.. srry ..i have a better vid of the walk around on the m3 but it is too large to send.. says my camara?? .. yes my camara phone suks at night.. but at least on the one run u can see him take the hit and then get walked

Working on getting a real camara
Old 06-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by stockz
\

yeah.. srry ..i have a better vid of the walk around on the m3 but it is too large to send.. says my camara?? .. yes my camara phone suks at night.. but at least on the one run u can see him take the hit and then get walked

Working on getting a real camara
Yeah I sort of saw that. Good kills.
Cameras are priceless.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice killz
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

The new ///M3's have 420bhp.....If you're pushing 400rwhp then it was an easy kill

I've got a buddy that has one that I think I'm probably pretty competitive with. I've find out in a couple months when I'm back over in Eastern Washington and can race him.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kills on the M3 and Stang. I really like the looks of those new M3s, but if you're gonna throw a V8 in your coupe and brag about it, make it something big enough to produce some decent torque. Almost 420hp and only 295tq.....

Then again, it is a high 12 second car right out of the factory, so they're doing a few things right.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice kills on the M3 and Stang. I really like the looks of those new M3s, but if you're gonna throw a V8 in your coupe and brag about it, make it something big enough to produce some decent torque. Almost 420hp and only 295tq.....

Then again, it is a high 12 second car right out of the factory, so they're doing a few things right.
And it would rape a lot of cars once you get in some corners
Good kill OP
Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
And it would rape a lot of cars once you get in some corners
Good kill OP
Yeah, I like them a lot, I just wish they didn't wuss out and put a 4.0 liter in them. If they got 420hp out of a 4.0, imagine what they could have done with a decent sized V8 with torque to match. Hopefully they will sometime soon.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Torque has never been BMW's thing....Except for maybe the 335's....

BMW doesn't care about the 1320.....They want topend and excellent road course/auto-x performance.

Thats why the 4.0 in the new ///M3 redlines at 8400 rpm.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
***Repost Police***

And any car with a redline that high is gonna have significantly more horsepower than torque... just the nature of the beast.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills. I ran into a new M3 myself over the weekend. He decided to drop the hammer on me as I was coming up on him from about 2 cars back (we were the only ones on the road at the time). I dropped the hammer and put about a car length and a half by the time 80mph came around (started at about 30mph).
Old 06-04-2008, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

WOW WTF??? Didn't know that..

Thanks everyone.. guy was cool on top of it