Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Civic SI tastes good!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Civic SI tastes good!

Ok so i'm driving this afternoon down the highway, and I stop at this light and there's a big 18 wheeler to my left (I'm in the far right lane), and I hear a fart exhaust revving on the other side of the truck....

So as the light changes, I hopped out pretty quick to see what it was. It was a silver Civic SI hatch, looked pretty new, and had a big fat fart cannon on it and some stickers, not too many, just the good ole' "DOHC VTEC" ****. So i pull up and pace him, with a smile on my face that I couldn't help to hide. THe highway was clear, and I saw him downshift and hit it FARRRRRRRRRRTTT! So I put the pedal down a bit and paced his downshift as my car dropped from OD to 3rd. Then, I decided it's time to stop playing and floored the accelerator, the car dropped into second and I just blew the kid away, haha. I musta put about 3-4 lengths on him by 80-90 mph. The kid was probably gonna pull a fly-by, but before I gave him the chance, I shut down and got off at the next exit.

It was fun, I feel liek FLYNLO with all the action I've been getting recently. This happened around 3:30PM right after a night that I raced a firebird and Mustang at the same time... racing is fun! hehe...
Old 08-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Civic SI tastes good!

Good job man, I don't see why rice would think they stand a chance against anything with twice as many cylinders.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Good job man, I don't see why rice would think they stand a chance against anything with twice as many cylinders.

And a blower, and a cam.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill
Old 08-14-2003, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good job....
Old 08-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

[quote]
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Good kill!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:30 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Killer Chihuahuas?!

Good kill camaro! Ruf!
Old 08-15-2003, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Good kill!
That's like a Lion vs a Dachsund.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill! But I bet he had more hp per liter than you. We all know that's what counts, not speed. j/k
Old 08-15-2003, 08:42 PM
STF Veteran

nice kill..speed never counts it how many liters a 4 banger can produce
Old 08-15-2003, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah, he was making about 85, and I'm only making a measly 70 waaaaahhh...
Old 08-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Not a flame guys, but anything can be made fast for the cash. Just because it's japanese and reliable doesn't mean it's slow. Im sure there are plenty of SIs that would hand Some LS1 their asses.
Don't hate on fourbangers. If its fast, show some respect and help clear the domestic image. A fast car is a fast car.
Nowawadays you don't need cubic inches to be fast.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:13 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cubic inches not needed, but very welcome. They bring smiles to our face, and frowns to others who need them.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just because it's japanese and reliable doesn't mean it's slow.
Sure it does. A car that is highly modified is never reliable for every-day driving. It's a contradiction in terms. If your talking about 13-second cars, then I can see waht your saying. But any car thats' running 3 seconds quicker than it's stock quartermile time is almost guaranteed to have more problems than a stock car.

Im sure there are plenty of SIs that would hand Some LS1 their asses.
Very true.

Don't hate on fourbangers. If its fast, show some respect and help clear the domestic image. A fast car is a fast car.
Was I hating on it? I wouldn't call a Civic SI a fast car, though. Maybe with some big mods, but not in stock form. As for the domestic name, I'd rather be part of a group of stubborn ******** anyday than part of a group of people like riceburners... all talk, fake performance mods (fake BOV, big *** wings, etc)... ricers make me sick.

True, but your Renesis RX-8 sure could use some. Boy, that's a torque-starved car, right there... It's BEGGING for turbos. Nice roomy interior, though. I guess it's a good car if your whipped and your wife won't let you buy a REAL performance car like an LS1...

PS- Yes, I am trolling. I hope that last comment pissed you off

Cubic inches not needed, but very welcome. They bring smiles to our face, and frowns to others who need them.
SouthFL, your like some kind of domestic-car-philosopher. You're always pulling out all these great quotes, haha. It's excellent.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:54 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Not a flame guys, but anything can be made fast for the cash. Just because it's japanese and reliable doesn't mean it's slow. Im sure there are plenty of SIs that would hand Some LS1 their asses.
OMG ... this is getting ridiculous. I am the first person to give props to a fast car, no matter what kind it is, but this same STUPID-*** arguement has been gone over 2 million times. There is NO need to explain to us that 4 bangers can be fast, we all know this. He was stating a kill, congratulate him, we dont want your opinion on cars, we dont want your lifes story, we dont want anything from u but a stupid little "cheers" smiley. I'm tired of hearing the import vs domestic garbage.
You can the cubically challenged cars while your in japan blowing 25PSI .... because honestly all of the people here are tired of hearing about it.

Old 08-16-2003, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG ... this is getting ridiculous. I am the first person to give props to a fast car, no matter what kind it is, but this same STUPID-*** arguement has been gone over 2 million times. There is NO need to explain to us that 4 bangers can be fast, we all know this. He was stating a kill, congratulate him, we dont want your opinion on cars, we dont want your lifes story, we dont want anything from u but a stupid little "cheers" smiley. I'm tired of hearing the import vs domestic garbage.
You can the cubically challenged cars while your in japan blowing 25PSI .... because honestly all of the people here are tired of hearing about it.

Thank you I'll get the next one **** talking ricer that is.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

NICE KILL Got to teach them damn ricers a lesson... i spanked a little tiburon with a body kit on the highway last night by trailer lenghts... everytime he tried to do the famous ricer flyby id stomp it and leave him by trailer lengths again
Old 08-16-2003, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice, phantom. Hopefully he understands it. But probably, he won't. He'll just come off with another "I just want you guys to respect a fast car"
Old 08-16-2003, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill .
Old 08-16-2003, 04:32 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Nice, phantom. Hopefully he understands it. But probably, he won't. He'll just come off with another "I just want you guys to respect a fast car"
"you gotta understand that these guys only have 1.8 liters to your 5.7 blablablabla..."