Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02ssvert6spd -vs- BMW 6-Seriesvert(NEW)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking 02ssvert6spd -vs- BMW 6-Seriesvert(NEW)

On my way back from (insert place here)(mexico... how about that) I was cruising doing the usual 5 above the limit and I see this brand new beemer ahead just slowly cruising behind this 18 wheeler. From first glance it was a 6 series, convertible, new(still had a dealer tag on it with only the dealer's name), and I have to say I loved it... nice car... I kept cruising and watching my rear view quite often to see if there is any entertainment in there. After about 5min I see him catching up to me. When he gets like one car behind me he holds for a second... then BAM he punches it! I'm watching to see if he's going to slow down and get back beside me, but he doesn't. He kept on like a 1/4 mile down the road. During that whole time the girl friend was sleeping and I'm board and wanting to play with this car! Well he gets to that 1/4 and slows down to close to the speed limit and just cruises. I hung back for about 5min and decided I wanted to have some fun so I leave the cruise on and lightly touch the loud pedal to easily sneak up on dinner. My girl's phone rings and she wakes up. She's yacking away to her mom. I'm thinking good... she's awake! I didn't want to startle her so this was great! I cruise up to about a car length behind him put torky in 3rd at about 70 and let her rip! mmmmmmmmmm AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, SHIFT AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(to about 120) LMAO! They started flashing their headlights so I was thinking that the mexican police were ahead so I slowed down quickly back to the limit. They pulled up and turned their interior lights on and showed me 2 thumbs up smiling! I was cheesing and returned the thumbs up too! A few miles down the road what do you know Alajandro Law! They paid us no mind... Beemer followed me for about 30 more minutes and we encountered some twisties in the mountains. I know how bmws are supposed to have a reputation for awesome handling. Well I was already in front and I see they're trying to catch up as soon as we hit the mountains. I left it in 6th and kept going as I was before. They were wanting to show me up in the curves but they never could pass me. I'm not in for the kamakazi **** either. I stayed in the fast lane. They didn't do so bad but I had power and handling on my side. We go back down the mountain nothing major happened. All of a sudden we get to this bridge and they pull back next to me and they romped it a few times, my girl laughed and smiled. I laughed too. Next I passed a truck and the beemer was right behind me during this part. Here's where the real fun starts. I hit 3rd again held it for a second and BAM! I shot out! He was with me for like half of 3rd LMAO when I hit 4th I began to put multiple lenths on him. You could maybe call it a couple busses LMAO! Later on he just casually passes me(btw he had his teenage son riding shot gun). All of a sudden he yanks the **** out of his wheel while passing another car. He scared me who was behind him AND the car he passed. We were all thinking WTF. I hung back from then on. As we approached south america he slowed up and I started to pass on the left. It was dark but my girl saw that he was trying to slow up to talk. I said cool and got on my brakes. We rolled the windows down and he's all hanging out the window and says, "Wha... THAT'S A NICE CAR! What do you got in that thing, a TURBO?" I said, "Thanks I like yours too!" (I meant it) I followed up with "NO TURBO! ALL MOTOR" all this said while cheesing LMAO He asked, "HOW MUCH HORSE POWER YOU GOT?" I shrugged and said, "I THINK ABOUT BETWEEN 350-400!" He shook his head and said, "NICE CAR! TAKE CARE," I said, "I LIKE YOUR'S TOO, TAKE IT EASY, BE CAREFUL!"

Old 06-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Banned

nice book. lmao

good kill sounded like fun
Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

350 to 400? not at wheels im assuming.. hehe... sounds like you had fun in.. cha... i mean mexico.. lol
Old 06-11-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by toslo5o
nice book. lmao

good kill sounded like fun
It was a long trip what can I say

Originally Posted by lemons12
350 to 400? not at wheels im assuming.. hehe... sounds like you had fun in.. cha... i mean mexico.. lol
you BETTER assume to the wheels, you nuts lemons? jk

I do figure I've got like 350 on the ground(at least). I don't see why I wouldn't I'll get it dynoed one of these days.

yea I had fun...

It just made me feel so damn good that guy asked if I had a turbo...
Old 06-11-2008, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Giggity Giggity Giggity Gooooooooooooooooo
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

yea, that would make anyone feel good.... what would make someone ask turbo though?lol

i dynoed 354.33 to the wheels??? but everyone says his dyno reads about 25 lower... but..
Old 06-11-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds like fun.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd say its a long trip..most of us race locally. Tennessee to Mexico then South America...how much gas money is that?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
yea, that would make anyone feel good.... what would make someone ask turbo though?lol

i dynoed 354.33 to the wheels??? but everyone says his dyno reads about 25 lower... but..
Even on dynodynamics I expect no less than 350 with full boltons and that dyno is called the ego buster! My expectations really don't matter though. I just know that I've done TONZ since I was bone stock and dynoed. who knows... I don't exactly have cash to blow right now so it'll have to wait a little while.

Turbo? I have no clue why he thought turbo. Maybe it was that DEFINITE *** whoopin he got I don't remember whistling Obviously he knows nothing about turbos...(ahem or LS1s!) Now hopefully he'll take that beemer back and get a Z06 or a Vette at least If he needs 4seats then maybe not.
Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Sounds like fun.
It WAS!
Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
I'd say its a long trip..most of us race locally. Tennessee to Mexico then South America...how much gas money is that?
I was out of the country for a little while. Just think of me as the ambassador for the ls1 community LMAO! How much gas money? Well by the end of my trip my tank would've been about empty anyways so I decided to have a little fun with it. Yesterday I did put like 61 pesos in and now the check guages light is on Did you guys know cars in mexico run on corn starch?jk We only live once so a little SAFE fun every now and then won't hurt.