Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally, someone raced me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, someone raced me!

I think this kid raced me, anyway. I goosed it out of the hole a little at one light while he was playing with the radio or something. Must have woke him up, so he did the usual throttle gooses next to me. We finally lined up at a light. I took him by 2 car lengths to 60, and he lit the GSC's on his LS1 Z enough that he was on it. This guy's car was bone stock- I couldn't even hear his exhaust when he did his earlier flybys, and couldn't hear intake noise as I tore past him and lit the Nittos into second. Man, all these bolt ons are paying off, guess I better get the TCI converter installed, and the shift kit.

Funny, but I had my friend with a Formula with me, but this highschool kid got his *** handed to him with his chick in the car. Guess my missing Z badges finally paid off.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Finally, someone raced me!

Good kill! Debadging is the way to go... sleeper style is the best. Everybody in my town thinks I have a full exhaust, a loose belt, and about 300 at the wheels... hehehe
Old 08-18-2003, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sneaky,sneaky. Good kill.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:26 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So it's the !badges that does the trick eh?!
Nice kill.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where in Central IA are you located? Just saw another Iowan and thought I'd say hi. If you're at all interested, a bunch of us from the Iowa F-body club are headed up to Cedar Falls this Saturday to do some drag racing. We should have about a dozen cars, but will always welcome a few more. And yes I know I don't have an F-body, but the guys in the club haven't kicked me out yet. Just respond to this post if you want anymore info.
-Joel

P.S. I know exactly what you mean about someone finally racing you. It's rare to see a car around here worth racing, let alone actually get in a race
Old 08-19-2003, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

About time you beat someone with a real car.We need to hook up with 99C5JA and meet sometime, nice kill.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys should come racing this weekend. Great chance to meet some other lunatics with the horsepower bug. We'll have some nice cars there. One of the CR guys is bringing a TT LS1 and another guy from DM will have his 383 Firehawk there. I'm sure quite a few of the LS1 F-body guys would be interested in hearing a true dual setup. Feel free to jump on the mailing list if you want to BS http://f-body.org/mailman/admin .
Old 08-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like fun. I don't know what's going on this weekend, but that would be badass. Hope this weather breaks, I'd be afraid to find out how slow my car is at 99 degrees and 110 heat index.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

So it's the !badges that does the trick eh?!
Nice kill.
Around here it does, I guess. It's not like you can't hear my car from inside your house or anything when I start it up.