Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a 300zxTT, called out by TPI vette, on my GSXR

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a 300zxTT, called out by TPI vette, on my GSXR

Tonight really was a pretty fun night. Started out with about 10 of us on bikes just cruising and we ran in to 5 or so cars. Not too long later we had about 20 bikes and we were all just cruising around mobbing up the town. Well I know a guy with a 700rwhp 6.0 iron block procharged WS6 and we were driving beside eachother and i could see him getting ready to shift down, so I kicked the bike in to first. From about a 30 roll just as I hit it and pull up the wheel I look to my left and see cops. Oh **** I am thinking. Well I slowed down as he kept going then I decided to take off and catch up to the rest of the group on bikes, because there is no way to ID one bike out of 30.

Well I heard he got pulled over so we all pulled over a mile up and stopped to talk. That's where the **** talking came in. The guy in the 300 was like wow I just saw that guy launch and it didn't look that fast at all, my car would wax that. I said dude if your car can wax that I want to see that thing run, because that TA can probably kick my *** on my bike. Then his buddies chipped in, 3 guys with stock LT1 camaros, talking about how fast this 300 is. I am ashamed to say it was three LT1 owners talking up this rice box.

Well he was convinced that he has only been beaten by one sport bike ever in the car (which was me, 3 days ago, with my GF on the back starting at a 30 roll in second). We set it up to go out and run them, his car against my buddy on his 600rr. We get there and the 300 and rr line up, I decided **** it I am going to ride along and race. A guy on a buell firebolt thought the same.

300 ZX honks and "launches", I calmly start off and open it up. I passed the 300, rr, and firebolt before I was doing 40mph. I had 10-15 cars on him when I shut off at 120 I would guess, hard to tell when you're that far ahead on a bike doing 120. Well he wanted to go again, so we went to a diff spot. I decided this time I was going to give him a decent chance, and I started off in 2nd gear from a stop. One of my buddies on a 1200 sportster wanted to run him also, so all three of us line up. Well he honked and took off, I waited a second and did the same. Me and the sporster were about side by side untill I finally started coming in to power around 60-70, and we were way ahead of the car.

Then his friend, driving an LT1 camaro at the time, decided to put in his two cents. He said he has a built nitrous corvette that would outrun me any day.. so I told him to get it. I was waiting for a cammed and sprayed C5 to pull up and actually give me a good run. Absolutely not. An old POS ragged out TPI vette shows up, paint peeling, sounds like ****, etc. So he pops the hood and I am looking at this car as he's talking ****. I see stock intake, stock manifolds, stock everything TPI with a little 75 shot hooked up. I said lets line them up right now and put $100 on it. "No no not now I only have my 75 jets in I need to go put in my 150". So I said don't worry I'll wait on you and we can run. "Ya my bottle is low right now I can't run it, I need to fill it up then I will race you." I knew it was going nowhere so I called him out in front of all of his friends and all he said was "by the end of july I will either race you with this car or with my camaro once the TTs are done". I just said ya whatever.. coming from a guy with a POS vette and a CAI+catback 94 z28.

Long story I know, next time I go out I'm taking my camera. If any of these idiots ever hold up to their talk I will definitly show all of you me taking the guys money.

Sad to see some LT1 brothers talking up such a POS car. And the vette guy was trying to tell me that his lt1 is fast and bla bla and acting like I know nothing about the LT1. Finally a girl he was with was like uhhh I know him from school and he has had 3 camaros and all of them were faster. I laughed my *** off

I told the guy with the 300zx to take it to the track this friday and we'll see what it runs, and he said he'd think about it
Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

300zx isn't a POS or a Ricer. They outrun LT1's all day long in stock trim. Also... Let me know when an F-body wins 24 hours of daytona, Le mans, or 12 hours of sebring. The Z32 300zx is a timeless car and the vg30dett powerplant was so potent it was banned from the GTS-1 class. Look at what GM offered between 1989 and 1995 and then re-evaluate your statement there. Try not to be so close-minded, of course you beat a car on your 10 sec. bike, Jesus.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

I didn't say all of them are, but his is. I would have never offered to race him if he hadn't started the talking about how he would outrun a 700+rwhp car. It takes a whole lot of car to keep up with a true 10 sec street bike on the streets, and I don't know of any around here (except for maybe the TA). He also insisted on doing digs instead of rolls.

And a 1200 sportster is anything but fast.. I outran those in my LT1 all the time.

It's far from a built show car. And I have a friend that outruns him in his LT1 with just a catback.

Props to him for trying something different, but you have to have a serious car before you start talking against a bike. There are plenty that can do it on a track but a street is a different story. There will be video of me taking some money from the guy with the vette.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

good runs. its nice to see such ignorant people get put in their places. its a shame the LT1 could fall into those hands
Old 06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. Takes a lot of car to run with a modern 600 with a good rider. Looks like you were a good instructor and educated them .
Old 06-23-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I didn't say all of them are, but his is. I would have never offered to race him if he hadn't started the talking about how he would outrun a 700+rwhp car. It takes a whole lot of car to keep up with a true 10 sec street bike on the streets, and I don't know of any around here (except for maybe the TA). He also insisted on doing digs instead of rolls.

And a 1200 sportster is anything but fast.. I outran those in my LT1 all the time.

It's far from a built show car. And I have a friend that outruns him in his LT1 with just a catback.

Props to him for trying something different, but you have to have a serious car before you start talking against a bike. There are plenty that can do it on a track but a street is a different story. There will be video of me taking some money from the guy with the vette.
LOL. Alright. That's different, it sounded like the LT1 guys were doing all the talking. I don't think it was the car that was rice, more like the driver...
Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
300zx isn't a POS or a Ricer. They outrun LT1's all day long in stock trim. Also... Let me know when an F-body wins 24 hours of daytona, Le mans, or 12 hours of sebring. The Z32 300zx is a timeless car and the vg30dett powerplant was so potent it was banned from the GTS-1 class. Look at what GM offered between 1989 and 1995 and then re-evaluate your statement there. Try not to be so close-minded, of course you beat a car on your 10 sec. bike, Jesus.
and the Import Defense League is on the prowl...

A stock 300ZX outrunning an LT
Old 06-23-2008, 09:52 PM
***Repost Police***

They did run right with them... for the record.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think we've been down this road before............................................ .....................................
Old 06-23-2008, 09:59 PM
***Repost Police***

I base what I say off numbers, not street races
Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I base what I say off of real world events not #'s.............
Old 06-23-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Who cares anyway. The 300zx tt was built as a track car. It will run circles around an LT1 or an LS1 on the roadcourse
I may not drag my 300zx, but I've got enough money invested in my suspension to buy a damn LT1 f-body...

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 06-23-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

The level of close-mindedness is rediculous sometimes. The VG30Dett is a very potent pwerplant and the Z32 300zx is virtually timeless and has been deemed one of the sexiest cars made. I don't know how many times I have to say this. Read something about other cars for once if you like cars so much. I give up...

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 06-23-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i keep asking the mustang guys the same question. you no damn well theres gonna be some import hating going on. this is a gm bias website. so why post here? just out of curiosity.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

X2 not only is this site GM biased it is also make and model as well not trying to stir things but i have noticed so i ask the same question.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

As I already said... I give up, LOL.
I owned a 99 Z28, it wasn't the do-all, end-all car by far. Sold it, never looked back.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont 300zx's and lt1 fbodys run just about equil times from the factory?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good races OP!

Old 06-24-2008, 06:27 AM

Who cares anyway. The 300zx tt was built as a track car. It will run circles around an LT1 or an LS1 on the roadcourse
Roadracing sucks Just my opinion.

I've raced 2 newer 300ZX's in stock LT1's. Good races, but they still both lost to a stock auto LT1 from a roll. Maybe they should stick to the road course and steer clear from the street drags

Good kill op.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Regular

The level of close-mindedness is rediculous sometimes. The VG30Dett is a very potent pwerplant and the Z32 300zx is virtually timeless and has been deemed one of the sexiest cars made. I don't know how many times I have to say this. Read something about other cars for once if you like cars so much. I give up...
Deemed by who? You? a rice-tastic magazine?

Gosh, i'd hate to see your taste in women.......

Seriously though, its not a horrible looking car, i don't despise it.... but by no means a sexy car, let alone one of the sexiest