Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roush, 5.0 and an old 300zx? Pics/Vid

Its gonna be a long story, so here are the cliffnotes

-goin to a friends house
-see a nice roush, try to race but he has kids in the back, so its a no go =(
-see a 300zx or something like that, he has a v6 turbo, smoke it from a 50 roll on the interstate.
-on the way back from girls house, pull into a 7-11 and a n20 mustang 5.0 wants to race, we race, i win by 2-3 cars.

Ok so a girl i know...cuogh cough calls me over to go visit her. On my way i see a VERY nice 03+ roush mustang rolling along, of course i throw him a rev...pull up beside him and then his kids stick their heads out the window. I complimented him on his car, maybe we will race next time =] cant do that with kids in the car. we have to have SOME morals right??

So i get on the highway and come across a 300zx (dunno for sure what it is) and this guy is FLYING so i pace him and catch up...i notice him throw me a grin so i rev...he smiles but doesnt look very confident. I ask him what he has done to it and he says its a v6 turbo. I figured...well maybe it has some *****...albit little ones...but you never know. We slow down to a 50 roll and i goose it, he punches it so i punch it back. Needless to say i just steadly walk him up to 120 mph. Then, haha, he does a ricer flybye! i just grin and give him the thumbs up through the t-tops.

I do whatever at the girls house....then im on my way home and figure ill make a stop at 7-11 and grab a couple corn dogs. I pull up and see my buddy (99 cobra that ive beat) and pull up. As i pull up to the curb i notice a later model (94 i believe) 5.0 mustang parked. I dont think anything of it. As soon as i get out of the car my friend calls me over and introduces me to the mustang owner. He starts some small talk...and i see in hsi eyes he wants to run em, so i simply say "i know what you want to ask and the answer is a most definate yes" he grins and we pop the hoods and bull shti a little bit.

From what he said, his mods are a 150shot of zex n20. random internal work, and other stuff. I show him my stuff (full bolt on) and meanwhile his friend (drives a gxr) scopes out the street for us. Needless to say hsi friend comes back, coast is clear and we head out. We do two runs....both from a 1st gear, 30mph roll. He sprayed both times. At the punch i immidiatly jump a car and continue to pull throughout 4th and end up about 2-4 cars ahead. The second run same thing....we came up on a curve about half way through so i slowed down, made the curve and gunned it from 3rd....put cars on him. Funny thing, at the end of all that needless to say we made a LOT of noise...we pull back into a 7-11 and this dude in a lexus with 22 inch rims is like I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED RUN ME NEXT and we are like haha.

Finally ncie to open the car up after coming back from a 7 month deployment! here are the pics of the cars i ran/saw...and a vid if i can find somone to host it!!

ROUSH

300zx?

5.0 mustang

EDIT FINALLY THE VID OF THE RACE! haha @ black dude at the end of the vid.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...ang_168558.htm

Last edited by Pharm0r; 06-28-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, thats a Z31 300zx. Basically, the best engine offered is a SOHC Single turbo version of the Z32's TT DOHC motor. THe VG30ET puts out maybe 210hp stock (I think).