Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

00 SS vs 03 GT

Old 06-29-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 00 SS vs 03 GT

So a friend of mine has a 99 cobra with a supercharger at 10 psi, was not going to race that guy..... yet, but one of his buddies had an 03 GT and thought it would be a close race, so I agreed. His mods are 4.10 gears/intake/Ported TB/ Spacer/exhaust. He had some cosmetic mods as well, like a larger than average wing, and a batman logo on the grill, which I thought was kinda cool. My mods are in my sig, im pretty much stock. So we line up from a dig, light turns green and we both spin pretty badly, he probably got a nose on me at the start. Stayed door to door through first, then finally I banged second and caught traction put about a car on him, then I hit third and shut down due to traffic, Had about 1 1/2 maybe 2 cars on him. All in all it was a good race, nice guy, he seemed a little upset because just before we raced he was asking me what I had done and I told him nothing but a lid and a clutch. Now I need to put the H/C/ and full boltons I have sitting in my garage on the car and go after the Cobra.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upset? LoL what'd he expect?
Old 06-29-2008, 07:14 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's actually about what I would have expected... with those mods he's probably right around a 13.5 or so in the quarter. Tell him to get LTs, a good upper plenum, and a good tune. Then he should be good for 12s, and a much better race for you from a stop. Good kill

Search this Thread