Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 runs against another Z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 runs against another Z28

Got 2 runs lastnight against an LS1 Z28. Im not sure the year of his car, or mods but i would assume he's equally modded with me (except for suspesnion mods, he's lowered w/ rims). I know it's also an A4, he works at Advanced Auto Parts. I can probably get in touch with him and find out what he's got, but now to the story....

Im just cruising around, i see this Camaro ahead of me. So i get up beside him & everything, he really did nothing at 1st. So i was like, cool. He's just kicking back.. We go for awhile, and come up to a red light. Camaro switches lanes & pulls up next to me. He gives a small little rev, so i give it back and were set. Light hits green, and we both take off kinda slow (i know i took off slow due to the road. very smooth & slick, real easy to spin. guess he went slow for the same reason). We get to the rough part of the road, and both of us take off. I quickly pull on him a bit, and keep my distance till i see im already at 100mph. I let off and i notice he's still coming, so i hit it again and stay ahead but of course he's closer now. He's right on my ***, i can see his lights in my rear view just right there. Im assuming half a car lenght or less is what i got him by.

We pull up to another red light. He drops a few revs here & there. Car sounds good, so i toss some revs back. Idk if i fell asleep for a bit or what but light hit green and it was basically like an "oh ****, or ****" type thing, and instead of doing what you know you should do, you quickly hit it by instinct. That's what happen with me, i hit the gas & spun a bit but not badly. While he got himself a great start and pulled ahead of me. were going and im hoping i can pull him in ya know, but it was no use. He was basically ahead enough to hold me off, i gained on him some though before i see him hit his brake lights. So i hit mine, i would say i lost to him by half a car lenght.

Great races, finally got to run against an ls1 camaro. I hardly get the chance, unless its an LT1 or V6.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NIce Runs