Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Modded WRX turbo couldn't hang with the g/f's Mach

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Modded WRX turbo couldn't hang with the g/f's Mach

Note: Her car is stock except for a JLT RAI, O/R H pipe, and MAC catback.

Well the g/f and I were headed to the mall to get her some clothes to take to the beach next week when we go...We are sitting at a redlight and I see a black WRX with a tastefully done kit and black 18" wheels on it turn in front of me. I tell her he would be fun to pick on and she said "Don't go after him.".......

Yea ok. Light turns green and I go to catch up to him. He lines up at a redlight and there is no one next to him. That wasn't the way to the mall but I had to take it! I roll up next to him (I had already turned TC off, the A/C off, and cracked the windows). I noticed he was running open downpipe and he looked over with a big smile. She has shitty 275 series street radials but even with those I was pretty confidant I could outlaunch him unless he was going to pull off some crazy *** AWD launch.

We were waiting for the green light and he kept lightly reving his car but nothing crazy. Light turned green and I slipped the clutch out alittle fast but he didn't take off. So I let off and 1st gear at this point is at around 5,000rpms at part throttle so I short shift into 2nd and then he kicks it! I floor 2nd and it takes a while for the 32 valves to kick in but once they do I pull even with him and I powershift into 3rd and break the tires loose. Half way into 3rd gear I was an easy 3 carlengths ahead.

He comes along side me and still hadn't had enough. So I drop it down into 3rd and then down into 2nd and wait for him. I hear him downshift and then he takes off. I floor 2nd and powershift into 3rd and get alittle tail happy. Again on the 2-3 shift I jump out a carlenght or two I short shift into 4th and hit the brakes with him behind about 3 or 4 lengths. He came along side me AGAIN but at this point I just rolled up the windows and turned the A/C back on. How many *** kickings does it take to figure out you will not win?

All in all I figured he would have done alot better than that! Maybe he was a shitty driver or those WRXs are damn slow!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In stock form they are less than impressive from a roll. Great kill, though.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
she said "Don't go after him.".......

Yea ok.
This is my favorite part and sounds strikingly like me.