Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Be careful when antagonizing a street race

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Be careful when antagonizing a street race

Last night i was headin back to the shop in the vette with a friend of mine around 12ish. I saw a mustang up ahead and the road was all clear, and seeing that i rarely get to race i decided to throw a rev. It wasnt anything exaggerated or obnoxious just a 2500 then 4000 typical rev. As soon as i do that the guy swerves to run me off the road, then floors it, slams on the brakes and gets next to us and starts screamin. Me and friend are lookin at each other wonderin what the hell this guy is on. He swerves at us again and starts yellin to show some respect and that we're punk *** kids and tellin me to go get another cheeseburger (which made me laugh because we had just left hardees maybe 20 minutes ago lol)

So i turn to my friend and tell him we should probably just get away from this guy because i sure as hell didnt feel like having the car wrecked. I drop to 3rd floor it into 4th until 120-130ish range and gain plenty of distance. Slow back down to 60 and sure enough here he comes. He flies up behind us then swerves next to us bearly missing the back of the car. Now hes screamin how dare we do that to an off duty cop more punk *** kid more cheeseburgers fat *** etc. We're both laughin cause we've never seen anything like this before. Now he picks up his phone and is supposedly calling the police, we can hear him saying yea its jeff its a red corvette and we're just passing the NEPD building.

I decide I've had enough, off duty cop or not i dont feel like dealing with this. I make a u turn jam it in second and take off with him trying to keep up. Still in pursuit so i make another u-turn then a right off the road. Followed by 2 more rights that bring us back out to where i made the second u-turn. Made the right and got on it hard to about 100 then slowed down for my turn to the shop. As i make the right onto the road a cop makes a left behind us and follows for a short distance and turns off. We ended up losing the guy and having an insane story to tell.

Just keep this in mind next time you think someone might want to race, they could be psychotic. Sorry for the novel and for the record, I doubt he was a cop, they usually have more class than that.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

^ i doubt... some can't spell "class"... but yeah, it happens. there are some crazy ppl out there...

gotta be careful. i hardly ever instigate the race... it usually happens to me.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned

This is BS.

Prove this happened.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes....
Old 07-07-2008, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Careful, if this is real, next time, the cop may be in your car....we're adapting more and more seizure laws on reckless driving and street racing, and implementing more counties with the option to publicly crush the offender's car rather than auction it, that way, the offender don't get a chance to buy it back. Not a great time in this country to street race or drive like a moron.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

When will you guys learn not to mess with Mustangs? You will always get burnt.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Evilways
Careful, if this is real, next time, the cop may be in your car....we're adapting more and more seizure laws on reckless driving and street racing, and implementing more counties with the option to publicly crush the offender's car rather than auction it, that way, the offender don't get a chance to buy it back. Not a great time in this country to street race or drive like a moron.
A VERY good argument could be made in the OP's favor that he was trying to get away from what he thought was a crazed road-rager. If I throw somebody a light rev to say "hey, nice car," and they swerve back at me trying to run me off the road, I'm getting the **** out of there. Just like he did.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Oh, I agree, if somebody swerves at you, be the first on the cell to call the PD or 911, no doubt. If it was a LEO doing what the OP described, then he probally wouldn't be above telling a fib about what occured to make the OP look bad, that's why first contact with the PD or 911 is so important. In my experience, I've never seen an instant of road rage or reckless behavior from an officer, uniformed or not. Even UCs try to lay low on the traffic misbehaving. If a LEO , no matter his rank or position, gets busted for what was described in the OP, he'd never live it down, in the dept. or his career.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Lol this made me laugh
Old 07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Amen. He could've been, though... but yeah. Personally, I'd be making a channel-9 report on that guy, but yeah, that's just me, and I just happen to have a CB in all my vehicles.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

yea cause its on fire
Old 07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Always call the cops.

Because it's even funnier when a real cop busts the fake cop (the overwhelming number of times it's some regular person who trumps that he's "offduty" so he can bully you around)

Real cops typically aren't asshats like that because their job would be on the line.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha that was good
Old 07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A VERY good argument could be made in the OP's favor that he was trying to get away from what he thought was a crazed road-rager. If I throw somebody a light rev to say "hey, nice car," and they swerve back at me trying to run me off the road, I'm getting the **** out of there. Just like he did.
Just try find this guy again, but be driving your buddies Dodge pickup, swerve back! Idiots that over react....
Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by houtex
This is BS.

Prove this happened.

Why would I just make somethin like this up, if i were to it would sound more like a micheal bay movie.

Id like to see him in my pickup, i dont mind swervin back in it
Old 07-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Launching!

god lol at least your consistent lol
Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

WOW !!! What a freakin psycho!! I'm just glad you didn't get your car smashed.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Yep. I agree. Only nutjobs drive mustangs so you never know what will happen

I kid...I kid...
Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Reminds me of the time I was sitting down town. In my 91 Camaro Z28. Light turns green, I go. Off the right side, I see this red neck in a big god damn lifted Ford truck start cussing, 'cause he had to slam on his breaks to avoid RUNNING the light like he was planning on. So as I pull away from the light, he turns right behind me, and I see this, and turn in to a parking lot. He follows me, and parks right beside me. I sit there for a second, and wait. He doesn't get out. I drive around, he follows. So I end up flooring it down a back road, near the lake, and lost him in the twisties. I can agree to this, there are some rediculos people out there who need to have their license revoked.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:33 AM
12 Second Club

I can confirm this guy isnt a cop for 2 reasons
A) You're not allowed to pursue someone off duty for a misdemeanor (the most you might have been guilty of), in a Civilian vehicle, perform PIT manuevers in a civilian vehicle, or threaten or endanger the innocent civilain populace while off duty by your actions

B)You werent guilty of anything that can be justified in court. Reving your engine does not count as street racing.

He was guilty of more than you were. Reckless driving and maybe Attempted Murder or Assault with a deadly weapon.