Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GXP vs Lingenfelter Corvvete

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GXP vs Lingenfelter Corvvete

Guess who lost? If you thought the 'Vette I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I was cruising down US-23 today and spotted an extremely nice silver 'Vette cruising in the right lane. I slowed down and passed it slowly checking it out. It had Lingenfelter badges on the side, by up the front wheel wells and had a bad *** hood scoop. I considered getting pictures but decided playing around with my camera at 80 mph was not a good idea.

After eyeballing the car out for a bit I decided to keep moving and stop clogging up the left lane. I guess I was pulling away the driver spotted my badges or heard my engine and suddenly swung out behind me.

At first he kind of paced me as we both picked up speed, but we had to slow it back down to the speed limit due to some traffic up. Coming out on the traffic the ZR1 just put the gas down. I was a moron and forgot to tapshift into the correct gear, so I bounced off my redline and was done. Bus lenghts, super tanker lengths, the radius of Jupiter, pick a big *** term and that's by how much I lost.

I have to say though, for my tastes the car sounds like crap. It kinda does like a little (pooooooooooo-boom-poooooooooooooo) due to the forced induction. Way too much whine and no rumble. Of course the thing is fast as hell and looks badass so who cares?

I tried to follow him to get another look at the car and maybe some photos but he didn't seem to want to pull over. Oh well, still sweet car, but it needs better exhaust. Also you can smell the oil burning from four cars back.

Anyways anyone know if the Ligenfelter guys hang out on any forums? I'm curious to find out more about the car.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:56 PM
***Repost Police***

So I'm guessing it was a Lingenfelter C4 ZR1? That'd be a rare bird...
Old 07-13-2008, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

You should have won, your cam must not be camming right.