Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mustang GT "In the 11's"

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang GT "In the 11's"

haha so me and my girlfriend were just driving around on some back roads and I saw a 98-04 looking Mustang GT. The old guy revved his engine (I could tell he had aftermarket exhaust. So we just followed him around but I could not get next to him for a run; he just kept slmming on the gas on the straight aways.

So we just played along and enjoyed the ride until we got to town where we both stopped at the gas station. He asked what I had under the hood so I told him LS1 and he just nodded his head.. (thinking I'm some dumb kid) so I asked what he ran the 1/4 mile in and he preceded to tell me he runs 11's while trapping around 122 I just nod my head and tell him that I should be running high 12's and then walk into the station.

I start talking to him again inside and say that he must have a lot done to be running 11's with a 2vGT. And he says ya it has some goodies, and so I asked if he had any power adders... He replied with yeah I have a cold air intake, headers, and flowmaster exhaust! Then tried telling me how I should be running flowmaster instead of whatever I have (magnaflow) because flowmaster is by far the best flowing exhasut there is and I would gain 15hp by switching. I just smiled at him (didn't want to rain on his lil' Mustang Gt's parade) and paid for my gas and left. haha even my gf looked at me and said that guy is full of ****!!!

anyways who knows maybe he was running 11's in the 8th mile huh?

sorry for the long story.

Last edited by bautch24; 07-20-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-20-2008, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

umm probably more like 14s at about 100. i just let people like that talk.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Funny **** right there.LOL Everu douche has had a a 11 second or better Mustang. I get so fricken tired of hearing stories about these mythical beasts it make me PUKE! When you start asking technical questions about heads, cam, etc.. They lose the benefit of the doubt I try and give everyone.
' Most people have no idea what it takes to go that fast....ESPESCIALLY IN A ******* MUSTANG!LOL
Old 07-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Funny **** right there.LOL Everu douche has had a a 11 second or better Mustang. I get so fricken tired of hearing stories about these mythical beasts it make me PUKE! When you start asking technical questions about heads, cam, etc.. They lose the benefit of the doubt I try and give everyone.
' Most people have no idea what it takes to go that fast....ESPESCIALLY IN A ******* MUSTANG!LOL

Their are far more 11sec Mustangs than f-bodies! But I guess you know that already......
Old 07-20-2008, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
[/B]

Their are far more 11sec Mustangs than f-bodies! But I guess you know that already......
do you have any proof of that? there's a lot of mustangs and f-bodies out the there. has anyone actually counted the number of 11 sec timeslips for each car?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
[/B]

actually by numbers you are probably right since your mustangs have outsold the fbodies, but by perventage I dunno seeing as 50 percent of all those stangs sold were to woman and they dont mod much

Last edited by ICEMAN 31; 07-20-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
***Repost Police***

Plenty of F-bodies were sold to women... you're forgetting the small percentage of F-bodies sold that were V8s. I even know a few girls that have T/As and Z28s. But yes, I would agree that there are more fast Mustangs than F-bodies; Foxbody, anyone?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
But yes, I would agree that there are more fast Mustangs than F-bodies......
There's a difference between being modded and actually going "fast".
Old 07-20-2008, 07:43 PM
***Repost Police***

I'd definitely say there are more fast Foxbodies than F-bodies. Definitely.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hi. Coming from a person who actually goes to the local track every once in awhile, I would compare the number of "fast" F-bodies to "fast" Mustangs as about even.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:48 PM
***Repost Police***

And which "local track" would that be... Kennedale?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

there is no way of proving this. this is a ridiculous argument.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

pretty sure the point he was making was in regards to mustangs of similar year and newer to ls1 fbodies

that or just joking...god forbid someone tell a ford joke on a gm site without everyone getting their panties in a twist about it, jesus...

based on my observations it seems there are too many people on this site just here to call BS and race magazine tests
Old 07-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ads_99ta
do you have any proof of that? there's a lot of mustangs and f-bodies out the there. has anyone actually counted the number of 11 sec timeslips for each car?
I don't doubt their are a lot of f-bodies out there.... a lot of fast ones at that. But I would say a lot of 79-93 fox bodies would have the number of 93-02 F-bodies covered in terms of 11sec cars out there. Throw in Mach's, Cobra's and converted 4cyl cars and the gap widends.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

And which "local track" would that be... Kennedale?
The 'dale, Denton, should be at Ennis soon as the car is running. And no, I'm not driving to all of the tracks in Dallas just to disprove a retarded over-the-top statement.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:54 PM
***Repost Police***

It's not exactly over the top... people have been running modded foxbodies for a couple decades now, and there's WAY more Mustangs on the road than F-bodies. It wouldn't exactly be a hit to your pride to concede that there just might be more fast Mustangs than F-bodies
Old 07-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bautch24
haha so me and my girlfriend were just driving around on some back roads and I saw a 98-04 looking Mustang GT. The old guy revved his engine (I could tell he had aftermarket exhaust. So we just followed him around but I could not get next to him for a run; he just kept slmming on the gas on the straight aways.

So we just played along and enjoyed the ride until we got to town where we both stopped at the gas station. He asked what I had under the hood so I told him LS1 and he just nodded his head.. (thinking I'm some dumb kid) so I asked what he ran the 1/4 mile in and he preceded to tell me he runs 11's while trapping around 122 I just nod my head and tell him that I should be running high 12's and then walk into the station.

I start talking to him again inside and say that he must have a lot done to be running 11's with a 2vGT. And he says ya it has some goodies, and so I asked if he had any power adders... He replied with yeah I have a cold air intake, headers, and flowmaster exhaust! Then tried telling me how I should be running flowmaster instead of whatever I have (magnaflow) because flowmaster is by far the best flowing exhasut there is and I would gain 15hp by switching. I just smiled at him (didn't want to rain on his lil' Mustang Gt's parade) and paid for my gas and left. haha even my gf looked at me and said that guy is full of ****!!!

anyways who knows maybe he was running 11's in the 8th mile huh?

sorry for the long story.
I pulled over a guy in a honda prelude which was basically stock from an engine mod standpoint and he was telling me the same thing. I posted about it on here some time ago. I can't stand people like that.... you should've rippped him a new one right then and there!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Before this goes any further I wanna apologize to the original poster.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not exactly over the top... people have been running modded foxbodies for a couple decades now, and there's WAY more Mustangs on the road than F-bodies. It wouldn't exactly be a hit to your pride to concede that there just might be more fast Mustangs than F-bodies
Seriously. My pride? Out of all the cars that I've seen on the road lately, and at the track. The number of "fast" Mustangs and F-bodies are about even. Contradict my statement with "facts" if you have any...
I can make statements too, but w/o proof ie. actual piles of timeslips either way, it's impossible to prove such a ridiculous statement.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 PM
***Repost Police***

It's impossible to prove, yes... but not too hard to imagine. But whatever, enough with the