Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I can never find a race

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can never find a race

I probably drive my 99 SS more than 99% of the members on here drive their cars. Yet, I can never find a good race, or a race at all. I make a drive from NC to Pitt every other thursday, and back on sunday. Today on the way to NC I ran across 4 GT mustangs, 3 with younger drivers. A C5 corvette with a middle age driver, and 2 ricers. None of them even paid attention when i drove by or paced them. I dont want to be annoying and start throwing revs at OP, but maybe thats what it takes to get a race.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

I cruise every now and then and look for game, but usually wind up empty handed. The majority of the time they're heading in the opposite direction.

Speaking of messing around on the street.. Wound up with a "Obstruction of Traffic" ticket last night.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

how did you get that?? never heard of that before
Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

the last race I had was very short with some kind of japanese car. Looked kind of like a 240, but im not sure. It had a FMIC and a blowoff and it sounded pretty good. We took a couple short stabs in traffic on I77. They were from 50 or so. I kept pulling him pretty hard off the hit, but he kept coming back for more. It was all in good fun, because him and his buddy were laughing at how they couldn't catch me.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yea i do that occasionally... you just have to know where the hot spots of where they hang out. but usually when im not looking for a race it finds me.. haha funny how that works. but nice car. if you lived near me i would give ya a run.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99345hp
how did you get that?? never heard of that before
They busted us pretty good. I guess since they couldn't ticket me for actually racing, they got me for being parked on the side of the road. One cop gets everyone to scatter while the rest set up a road block and line 'em up. I think Memphis' finest will reach their monthly quota for August.

Sad thing is I didn't get a run in
Old 08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

come to the track then. If you don't get a run in, you get your money back!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ill race anything, i dont care if i get my *** handed to me or not. I think its fun. Becareful with the cops though, you dont want to lose your licence. I wish it was like the day my dad talks about where they used to race the cops. LOL.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtremeModifier
come to the track then. If you don't get a run in, you get your money back!
I would, but I work too much to go to the track. I work 7 hours from my house, so I am always carrying luggage and all my welding stuff in the car. Hows that for a weight dissadvantage.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I probably drive my 99 SS more than 99% of the members on here drive their cars. Yet, I can never find a good race, or a race at all. I make a drive from NC to Pitt every other thursday, and back on sunday. Today on the way to NC I ran across 4 GT mustangs, 3 with younger drivers. A C5 corvette with a middle age driver, and 2 ricers. None of them even paid attention when i drove by or paced them. I dont want to be annoying and start throwing revs at OP, but maybe thats what it takes to get a race.
i got my first race today, and ive been looking for the 3 months ive had the car. i know how you feel.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GM Muscle hooks me up
Old 08-03-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

you just need to start hanging out with other people that have fast cars and make some connections. Its always a better race when its set up other then waiting at a light wondering if the other guy is going to run.
Most people around here are scared to run now cause of the insane laws they have about racing unless the race is set up in the middle of no where.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem in socal, people are so afraid of the CHP that its nearly impossible to find someone to run.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

It's all about knowing where people drive certain cars. When I'm in the mood to find cars that are quick, I go one place. When I want to embarass ricers, I head to a place I call "Little Mexico."

Also, it helps to make connections as everyone else said.

It took me awhile to figure out where to find races...the first month or so that I had my car I got nothing.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ill race anything, i dont care if i get my *** handed to me or not. I think its fun. Becareful with the cops though, you dont want to lose your licence. I wish it was like the day my dad talks about where they used to race the cops. LOL.
yea me 2!!! my dad always talks about how they use to race back in the 60's dam i wish i was alive back then. he had an bel air but his best friend had a GTO that he would never drive so it was basically my dads. and they would just cruise around town all night racing. it was pretty much stock. and he said he barley ever lost runs in the family haha

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
I have the same problem in socal, people are so afraid of the CHP that its nearly impossible to find someone to run.
oo i know what your saying trust me... in the bay area cops are soo dam strict!! because of Oakland n San Francisco! 0 tolerance for anyone. but yea i got caught on the highway with a 07 sti. cop turned on his light and i pulled over like the good person i am and the sti owner sped off and got away. and yea another cop pulled up behind me when i was on the side of the road as the one cop was chasing the sti. long story short they never got us on radar just "observation" as they were a lil behind us. got arrested (first time) and was dropped off at a gas station in the ghetto and also got my car towed and impounded for 30 days and it got some scratches that were there when i picked it up that werent there before.. but whatever court will never give a F!!! so now i got it back but got court in a while so were see how that goes. i got a hell of a lawyer so im sure he will just get it down to a speeding ticket. as it was marked for speed contest and over 100mph (which is a whole bunch of BS!) i never even went over 100mph. fastest was near 90mph. the law now is if your over 100mph thats two strikes on your record.
o and did i mention this was the night before my graduation... yea stupid me
Old 08-04-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, that sucks I remember reading your thread about it. I rarely ever race unless it is just too juicy to pass up, and I have a good escape route if I see the bacon hauler.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea thanks. but for now on if i do ever get in this situation im def setting it up out in the middle of no where or making sure i drive back and forth down the street to make sure its clear...