Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New Mustang GT keeps beating me!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
My tears are dry, but my feelings are still hurt. Might want to take your own advice and chill out, because the guy was obviously kidding, unlike you with your super-serious 'defender of the mustangs' post.

Stay righteous Mustang brotha'
Can I get an amen?
Well, you keep on keepin' on big guy.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Turn in your man card ASAP and no you can't have an amen.
THank you.
Originally Posted by 7plagues
This made me laugh. GT's from what I encountered...are slow. Embarrassingly slow.
I try man...I try.

FWIW - I test drove an 06GT prior to getting my second mach. I loved how they were down low (much like my women), but on the top end, SHEESH......on the test drive, I tried ot pass a rig on the highway, I wanted to get out and push to see if it would go any faster. It felt like a brick. (YES, M5) 4th gear at about 65-70. I'm sure a tune would have helped alot, but still.......I just had to get another mach.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:24 PM

Good kill. +1 on the 100 shot.

And can the mustang guys stop with the slap fight...or at least take it somewhere else

Having never driven either, I've almost bought a Mach 1 and a new GT. I'd definitely prefer a Mach, but the fact that you could buy the GT's new made me seriously look at them. I think I'll have to reserve judgement until driving one.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good kill. +1 on the 100 shot.

And can the mustang guys stop with the slap fight...or at least take it somewhere else

Having never driven either, I've almost bought a Mach 1 and a new GT. I'd definitely prefer a Mach, but the fact that you could buy the GT's new made me seriously look at them. I think I'll have to reserve judgement until driving one.
No..we can't.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Yea the newer gt i raced was manual from about...70mph...and...well i had 2 other people in my car and their luggage...and all he had was his girl...i gave him the hit and throttled it in confusion because of his light pull, then i rolled into it and my roomies waved at him as we passed lol. He gave us the bird. i slowed down and did the good ol' :jerkoff:, put at least 2 cars on top of the one i gave him by 110.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not sure why you’re surprised you have a sedan and he is driving a SPORTS car. Yes you might have 303hp but his application is better. If you're that worried about it why did you buy that car? It is not a sports car.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can always remove a nitrous kit when warranty work comes up...
Old 08-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ABQ99TA
I'm not sure why you’re surprised you have a sedan and he is driving a SPORTS car. Yes you might have 303hp but his application is better. If you're that worried about it why did you buy that car? It is not a sports car.
f that id keep it and do minimal mods to walk fords pony car. i love stomping stangs in my TA but its much funner doin it in somethin made for comfort and practicality
Old 08-19-2008, 02:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ABQ99TA
Because i'm 22, and pay $6000 a year for insurance already. Plus sleepers will always appeal to me. People know about stang's, t/a's and camaro's but not a lot of people know about ls4 cars. And i'm surprised because i have beat other mustangs, camaros and other so called SPORTS cars with my SEDAN lol, like this old guy in a 80's vette today haha. Ya the guy in the mustang has a better platform but i like a challenge, I think i found a shop to build my trans so i can start thinking about some real power adders. **** THE WARRENTY!! its time to get serious.

imo just laugh because you always have a chick (naturally becuz of your car ) and he is stuck single and alone in his mustang hahahaha
Hahaha ya it almost seems like hes cruising for chicks. I can tell he just got the car cause of his plate #s and when i'm around him he slows down and revs up in front of any chick even young teens and this guy is like 40 lol

On a side note the girl i was with last weekend said she gets turned on after a race lol ...what a ho..SCORE!!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
You can always remove a nitrous kit when warranty work comes up...
I'm worried about them finding the tune i need to do if a do a nitrous set up.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by toslo5o
f that id keep it and do minimal mods to walk fords pony car. i love stomping stangs in my TA but its much funner doin it in somethin made for comfort and practicality
Dang you really do hate stangs....such animosity.
Originally Posted by StealthV8
I'm worried about them finding the tune i need to do if a do a nitrous set up.
Easy.....buy a SCT3 (or 4) and be able to have mutliple tunes. If you ahve to take it in, re install the stock tune that is saved on the handheld...happens all the time.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm going to buy a mustang just so i can troll this board.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i'm going to buy a mustang just so i can troll this board.
Yep...I've been here as long as you have, and have helped plenty of members (not all are GM brand biased with blinding loyalty), yet I'm a troll.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Yep...I've been here as long as you have, and have helped plenty of members (not all are GM brand biased with blinding loyalty), yet I'm a troll.
being a long time troll, i hope you'll let me ask you a few questions to help me along after i get my mustang...

1. does the negative attitude make for a more effective troll?
2. any tips for mastering off-key sarcasm?
3. do i need to trade in my camaro for a mustang, or should i just remove the camaro from my sig?

TIA
Old 08-19-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
being a long time troll, i hope you'll let me ask you a few questions to help me along after i get my mustang...

A: The negative attitude that you will endure after purchasing a mustang will be a great advancement over your current one. Not only will you feel better for owning such a great non-stopped produced piece of american history, you'll acheive greatness in getting actual attention from the opposite sex. (assuming that's your target).
A: Off key sarcasm is something you'll have to learn while owning a mustang. The sarcasm that comes with being a stang owner is unmatched. Because much like the Fbod vs. stang debate, our 'ownership' sarcasm was here first and never takes a break.
3. do i need to trade in my camaro for a mustang, or should i just remove the camaro from my sig?
A: Given how fem. that car in your sig looks, I would suggest you AT LEAST get very familiar with photoshop. Seems how you are spending all of your money on handling because you have a vert, one can only presume you dont' have much cash flow to actually improve the looks of the car, nor make it as quick as a stock M5 mach1.

TIA
To prove I'm no troll and I do help members.....see my answers.

Disclaimor: the response above in no way displays my true thoughts on Fbods, ALL of their owners, SS's, or Fbod Verts.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by ponygt65; 08-19-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

stealth. a 05+ stang and a GXP is pretty much a Drivers race. both cars are 13.6 range cars if driven right but most owners drive them high 13's i wouldnt feel to bad.

your only gonna trap about 102 mph at best. stangs go around 103-104 range. so its no surprise he is gonna pull from you.

i sometimes miss my GXP. but the GXP really isnt a sleeper anymore. and i couldnt stand the fwd. if they are a decent car guy they know whats under the hood. all my buddies back at Fort Campbell knew about the GXP and they were mostly stang owners and foreign car guys.

i will say. a 70mph roll is a very sweet spot for the GP GXP ^^. i took down a infinity G35 from 70mph to 135. mabe try the stang from that spot. you should get a good jump on him. you would stay in second till 101mph. and its a really strong leg for the engine.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

To prove I'm no troll and I do help members.....see my answers.

Disclaimor: the response above in no way displays my true thoughts on Fbods, ALL of their owners, SS's, or Fbod Verts.

Have a nice day.
rofl
Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

had to edit it a little bit:
Originally Posted by BobDoLe View Post

A: The negative attitude that you will endure after purchasing a mustang will be a great advancement over your current one. Not only will you feel better for owning such a great non-stopped produced piece of american history, you'll acheive greatness in getting actual attention from the same sex. (that's your target).
A: Off key sarcasm is something you'll have to learn while owning a mustang. The sarcasm that comes with being a tampon owner is unmatched, every p_ssy should have one. Because much like the Fbod vs. stang debate, our 'ownership' sarcasm was here first and never takes a break but our motors sure do.
A: Given how fem. that car in your sig looks, I would suggest you AT LEAST get very familiar with photoshop. Seems how you are spending all of your money on handling because you have a vert, one can only presume you dont' have much cash flow to actually improve the looks of the car, nor make it as quick as a stock M5 mach1.

TIA

sadly i cant defend the last one ;D
/enter distraction to end the arguement
Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

WHy so slow?

Dude.....I'm messing with the guy, stop crying about it. (that was serious) IE: chill the F out.

However I was serious about him making an ignorant post......cause it was. I call it like I see it after someone tosses out BS.
You're posts are getting annoying. Knock off all the pointless BS and
the anger.

Spend $500 and install a nitrous kit. A little 75 shot will do wonders.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

I am really digging this thread with all the top notch sarcasm. Ow yea the GXP's kick azz!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by toslo5o
stop lying u dont even have a car