Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Trained and buried by a Cummins Diesel...Dually

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trained and buried by a Cummins Diesel...Dually

This happened at the dragstrip on tnt but its a messed up story so I thought I'd share:

So there I was sitting in line waiting to run and this 65 malibu with 2-4's on top of a blower comes up beside me. I'm thinking oh great now I'm not going to be able to hear myself think. Knowing what happens next I wish that was as bad as it was. There were 3 lanes open and the guy lining people up had other plans. He motioned for the malibu and another car to run and here came the diesel truck down beside me. This is what happens when you give a redneck money. The thing was a dually with a lift and smoke stacks in the bed. It was loud as hell and overshadowed my little dd
1st gen neon. See, I was just there having fun hot lapping my beater and this guy was here to prove something. The guy lining up people looked at me and laughed and said, "There we go," and busted out laughing as his belly shook like Santa. I was already assuming the obvious but didn't really care cause I was just there to play. This guy was serious. He kept revving at me like he was so big picking on a stock neon. I was just laughing because he came out of the waterbox sideways. We line up and he can't even wait to get out of the hole...he redlights. He crosses the 1/8th mile and a second and 1/2 later I follow suit. The lane at the end merges to one and swoops around. This joker stops in the middle of the road...sits there a couple seconds (me knowing what he's about to do) and takes off leaving me in a cloud of black smoke. I find the whole ordeal hilarious and find myself wishing I would have brought my Camaro. He would have been on the other end of that race, but I just let him keep thinking how impressive that diesel was killing my $1400 dd.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Launching!

what did the diesel run, don't worry take your camaro out there and bust his *** then laugh at him.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Teching In

That is some funny ****! what part of NC are you from?
Old 08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hickory but that was @ Shadyside...I've ran the Camaro at Mooresville once but ran out of gear
Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

what color is your camaro and is it a z or ss? we usually run a shadyside a good bit! iv got a black ws6 on tt2! lol at the guys belly shaking like santa haha i know exactly who you are talking about
Old 08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's a black 94 Z with ls1 M6 swap. Zeus Motorsports did the conversion. I've only run on street tires @ Shadyside with the same results(run out of gear). I'm waiting till Charlotte opens so I can hopefully get a good time with the 4.10's before something breaks.

what did the diesel run
He was running low 9's. Which is not bad for a straight drive
Old 08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pm sent!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

looks like we won't get to run mrbigjeep...they are doing the runs this weekend..oh well maybe next time