Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 Kills for my new car

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3 Kills for my new car

I picked up a 99 Trans Am Ram Air 6 spd on friday afternoon. And a friend of mine just bought the new Yamaha YFZ450 Quad. Well he thoguht his 4-wheeler would out run my car to 100. So we went out to an old road that rarely gets any traffic and he unlods his 4-wheeler and we line them up. He ripped me off the line and had a solid 5 car lengths on me. But by the top of second it was down to about 2 cars, and by about 80mph i was blowin past him like nothin.

Then last night i had a race with a local kid who has a 77 vette with a built 400 small block with suposably 375+hp. It was an auto with a 2800 stall and a 4.10 posi rear. Well i knew it would be close cause i heard the car was pretty fast. So we lined them up and he jumped about 2.5 cars out on me pretty quick, but i was right at his bumper when i went into third and by the top of third was about 2 cars ahead of him. So i dont think his car puts out the power he thinks it does but it definately moves pretty hard off the line.

Well after i raced the vette a kid in a lifted chevy pickup tells me he has somthin that will beat me and points in the back of his truck and he has a yamaha banshee with Toomey Pipes, Boyesen Reeds, Cool Head, Boost Bottle, K&N and thats about it. It was the weirdest thing cause i have never even witnessed a car race a 4 wheeler, and now all of a sudden i have gotten challenged my 2 of them in one weekend. Well anyway, I beat the Banshee about as hard as i beat my friends YFZ450.

So now a friend of mine with a 87 Iroc with a cammed/L98 aluminum head 350 TPI with a 5 spd wants to run me. He has stock injectors and intake so the car kinda chokes out around 4500 rpm. I think i will be able to get him threw the 1/4. And a guy with a 71 chevelle with a built 402 big block and muncie wants to run also. I know nothin about his car but supossed to be real fast. I think i am goin to go out and practice my launches before this weekend.

Sorry this was so damn long. But man i love this LS1.
Later,
Old 09-02-2003, 01:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 3 Kills for my new car

Good stuff, sounds like you had some fun! One of my buddies had a 78 Vette with a 383, damn that thing moves. Good luck with the velle and the L98.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

Nice kills...looks like you got more action in one weekend than I've seen in the last couple months .
Old 09-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Nice job, Good luck with the others.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:56 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ls1 vs. an ATV? That's some funny ****. Strange.
Anyhow, good kills (especially the car).
Old 09-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Welcome to the LS1 world!!!!

Get a lid and you will put a extra car length on everyone. I am not sure if a exhaust will do much over the WS6 stuff you have now.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:52 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

I raced my buddy chris's ATV til 70 ... hehe that was fun.

Btw ... take your car to a parkinglot and practice those lauches. Brand new car needs some time to get used to. Once you perfect it, you'll see those races go alot further into your favor.

Nice
Old 09-02-2003, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Phantom, you forget your the only one that has any luck with that launch practice stuff. Whenever I try, the cops always get called
Old 09-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Well after i raced the vette a kid in a lifted chevy pickup tells me he has somthin that will beat me and points in the back of his truck and he has a yamaha banshee with Toomey Pipes, Boyesen Reeds, Cool Head, Boost Bottle, K&N and thats about it. It was the weirdest thing cause i have never even witnessed a car race a 4 wheeler, and now all of a sudden i have gotten challenged my 2 of them in one weekend. Well anyway, I beat the Banshee about as hard as i beat my friends YFZ450.

That banshee should have owned you. Did he have stock dirt tires on it? did he baby it off the line?
I have a 2001 Banshee all raced out bored to 420 Long Rod, cool head, drag pipes, 4" extended swing arm, works suspension, A whole lot more. I run a pair of large dirt tires, knobbies that I ground down to be slicks. Me and my buddies race up in the mountains on the streets and ive not been beat yet. Come up to cali and we will run em.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills...
Old 09-03-2003, 09:48 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Here in Muncie, IN, at the track, there was a guy with a blue banshee with nitrous and it ran 12.68....and it was all out of gear before the 1/8 mile. I woul dlove to know what the 1/8 mile was on that thing...it just carried itself the last half of the track!

SDB
Old 09-03-2003, 09:54 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

I think I'll head out to the Everglades tomorrow and race me an airboat.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Here in Muncie, IN, at the track, there was a guy with a blue banshee with nitrous and it ran 12.68....and it was all out of gear before the 1/8 mile. I woul dlove to know what the 1/8 mile was on that thing...it just carried itself the last half of the track!
Hey man I live in Muncie, I've not had the opportunity to goto the track yet and watch the races but I've seen car's go while on the highway that run's next to it. Did you ever see a red 2000 Monte Carlo SS there? I'm proly going to the track on the 12th tho are you gonna be there?
Old 09-05-2003, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

That banshee should have owned you. Did he have stock dirt tires on it? did he baby it off the line?
I have a 2001 Banshee all raced out bored to 420 Long Rod, cool head, drag pipes, 4" extended swing arm, works suspension, A whole lot more. I run a pair of large dirt tires, knobbies that I ground down to be slicks. Me and my buddies race up in the mountains on the streets and ive not been beat yet. Come up to cali and we will run em.
He did have stock tires on it, although he did not baby it off the line. He was way out in front of me. And i know he wasnt maxed out when i past him, because i heard him shift right when i was next to him. I am assuming he went into 6th as i was passing him. If this would have been an 1/8th mile race he probably would have killed me. I am going to race a friend of mine who has a 99 banshee with a big bore kit, ported/polished/milled, reeds, fmf gold series, boost bottle, K&N. He also has 22" hole shots on the back. So he has no problem hookin up on pavement. He has raced the YFZ450 and killed it. So i am expecting to lose to him. Hopefully i will have a few mods before then. And my car has the ram air hood but its no a WS6? Did only WS6's have ram air hoods from the factory. Cause i bought the car from the original owner and they have never done anything to it. They didnt even know what kind of engine it had or anything. But thanks for the compliments.
Later