Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

No one tries me on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No one tries me on the street?

I get way more calls to race in my GTP and on my VTR1000 than I do in my Trans Am. I have to actually hunt people down in the TA to get someone to go. While I don't get hit up for races daily in my GTP or VTR1000 I get alot more there than I do in my Trans Am.My car is stock except for a QTEC and it's closed almost all the time.
Anyone else get this?
Old 09-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Default Re: No one tries me on the street?

I kind of get it. More idiots want to race my 1000 than my car.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's because you dream of driving an MR2 with your husband 25psi all day long...
Old 09-02-2003, 02:37 AM
TECH Addict

I know how ya feel, I need to repaint my car and take off the emblems, and tell everybody its a v6, when they see my car now, they dont wanna have any part of it, although I pass every car infront of me on my R1, I dont think anybody has tried to race my on my bike, I would have been going too fast to know anyway, lol, (even those white cars with the blue strobe lights on the roof, must be muscle ricers, there pretty slow too)
Old 09-02-2003, 07:46 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend has a Grand Prix and gets tried by ricers left and right. It's more in their range (at least that's what they think). I too never, ever get tried, but then again my car is loud and lopes a little.
I even tried placing turn downs at the exhuast to make it less flashy, but this has not worked. Rice gets attracted to bling I guess. It's like bass fishing with a spinner or a spoon lure. Try putting stickers, body kits, wings and wheels, then maybe, just maybe you'll get more action... Oh yeah, throw in a couple of fart cans back there.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mario Kid. What the F is your problem dude? Your making yourself look like a total idiot each time you post. Why can't you answer a civilized question, with out a retarded comment.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

welcome to my life...
Old 09-02-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 09-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Strange, where I live, everyone thinks they can take me.....till I pull away from them.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i never get challenged either. maybe i should take of my trans am badges and say WS6 means its a v6
Old 09-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Launching!

****, you guys need to move to California. I have a kill list from the last 10 months I have owned my Z28. It is a list that I keep my car where I write down the approx. year , make, model, and if modded..... and I am on #39!!!! I have yet to put down the Merc clk430 and M3 I took out this weekend.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:53 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Maybe it's because you dream of driving an MR2 with your husband 25psi all day long...
Mario Kid. What the F is your problem dude? Your making yourself look like a total idiot each time you post. Why can't you answer a civilized question, with out a retarded comment.
ROTFL ... MARIO kid !!! LOL
Old 09-02-2003, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

weak....

So let me get this straight.You had how long to come up with an effective knock on me? This is the best you can do? Mine as well let this animosity go away killer your just making yourself look bad...

I don't know 25PSI. If you can't quite grasp my point from the other thread I don't care.Go back re-read what I posted and figure this out for yourself. I'm not going to spoon feed you.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

So let me get this straight.You had how long to come up with an effective knock on me? This is the best you can do? Mine as well let this animosity go away killer your just making yourself look bad...
Yup, I guess I "mine as well" do that!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

I hear ya. Most mustang drivers wont even look over at me, not that Im ******* stangs cause we have some fast ones around hear that give a good run on motor.But Id say about 95% of all cars that I would think would at least try wont. When I had mt 13 sec. 68 Camaro in high school I would race any ******* thing. I guees people now days have too big of egos and wont race for what it is meant for and thats FUN.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:42 PM

Yup, I guess I "mine as well" do that!
camaro ... you're stealing my job .... hehe
Old 09-02-2003, 07:46 PM

I hear ya. Most mustang drivers wont even look over at me, not that Im ******* stangs cause we have some fast ones around hear that give a good run on motor.But Id say about 95% of all cars that I would think would at least try wont. When I had mt 13 sec. 68 Camaro in high school I would race any ******* thing. I guees people now days have too big of egos and wont race for what it is meant for and thats FUN.
Well, I'm sure the logic is the same way that we think, but backwards. Personally, I don't waste my time racing civics and all those other slow *** cars for obvious reasons ... money in gas, possibilty of breaking something, possibility of being arrested, crashing, etc. I am sure the guy in the stang has raced plenty of LS1's before, and knows he is going to get destroyed ... so why risk all of those things? I have found the only ones I will get to race, are the ones that think they can beat me, namely the highly modified ones.
I can see where they are coming from ... a definate loss is not fun for the person thats going to lose, and also not worth all of the risks I had mentioned above. Also in the 60's and 70's I am sure the penalty for street racing was far less severe then it is now.

Old 09-02-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

phantom makes some good points... The good ole days are very far gone. Insurance and gas costs are through the roof, penalties are 3 times more strict. It's just not worht it sometimes, even most of the time. I haven't had a good race in about a month. Not complaining, that's just how is nowadays. Especially with that damn movie!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

i have noticed the complete opposite in my velle, a lot of ricers try and take me, just so they can say they tore up the ******* of some old school muscle. so far its always been that rice gettin fucked like a lil bitch. hehe, make him SQUEEEEEEEEEL
Old 09-03-2003, 01:52 AM

i have noticed the complete opposite in my velle, a lot of ricers try and take me, just so they can say they tore up the ******* of some old school muscle. so far its always been that rice gettin fucked like a lil bitch. hehe, make him SQUEEEEEEEEEL
Although its never much of a challenge ... its always so satisfing to kick the crap out of those pesky little bugs.