Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

expert input needed

Old 08-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default expert input needed

so my friend has the same car as me same year and everything 2000 z28 auto but has these mods in his words .
My car. 2000 a4 z28 camaro. modifications: slp longtube headers, slp offroad y pipe, magnaflow catback, ngk tr55 spark plugs, gm underdrive pulley, slp lid, k & n cold air intake, slp cold air induction, slp smooth bellows, motorvation throttle body spacer, 373 gears, a big tune, halogen headlights, ghost flamed interior, painted black and sprayed clear tailights, c6 z06 rims with some bald *** tires, tinted windows(got in trouble for those and tailights), all paint work done by red dog jones at auto body, all power adders installed and tuned by nate at performance, suspension done by john at advanced suspension, and overseen by matt at customs. broken in by myself

and me with full dual exaust lt pacesetters K@N air filter lol and thats it. well im getting a 100 sot from my friend on my stock tune. how will this race go. sorry about the bench racing but im gonna bet alot of money on this race. so cant afford 2 lose.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Launching!

one more question i have a cutout lol does it increase the power when its off or on. sorry 4 the stupid question but i really dont know. thanks guys
Old 08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

The race will go alot like this. There will be a few people speculating what the out come will be. Then others will come in and bitch about this being a what if thread. A few other will tell them to lay off and try and pet your nutts. Then there will be an arguement about Ford vs Cehvy because some dumb *** Mustang driver pipes in thier typical crap.
Then we will be like "Oh yeah, what ever cam of that race"? That's right this was a race about two fbodies. What ever happened.

Then comes you in after another page of WTF.
You "Oh.....it never happened".

Then there will be another two pages of why we even let a what if thread turn into 42 pages. Then Unit will come in and lock it after some remark about us and children. That my friend is how the race is going to go.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
The race will go alot like this. There will be a few people speculating what the out come will be. Then others will come in and bitch about this being a what if thread. A few other will tell them to lay off and try and pet your nutts. Then there will be an arguement about Ford vs Cehvy because some dumb *** Mustang driver pipes in thier typical crap.
Then we will be like "Oh yeah, what ever cam of that race"? That's right this was a race about two fbodies. What ever happened.

Then there will be another two pages of why we even let a what if thread turn into 42 pages. Then Unit will come in and lock it after some remark about us and children. That my friend is how the race is going to go.
You forgot about the ******* that will post a link to the rules. I'll be THAT guy.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/673870-street-racing-kill-stories-rules-please-read.html

With that custom paint job he has you are toast.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah....that *******...lol..........thanks for picking up the slack.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Launching!

this will be happening i guarantee it. and it will be on video as soon as i fix my tranny. which is a week or 2 at the most. i would apreciate some helpful input by the way thanks.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

LOL You are broken down right now?!??!?! I am sure you intend it to happen but, **** works out funny. Run the race and come back and ask us about the out come man. Then we are a bunch of helpful fellers. And don't ever jinks yourself by saying you will have a tranny fixed in a week or two.

Ask me how I know.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Launching!

look man i really need 2 know were i stand i cant let this guy take 1500$ out of my pocket. so please just help me out a little hear. i promise ill have the vids and post them so u guys can watch. but im using the winnings thats if i win 2 help me buy a procharger bro. and ill be losing money that i shouldnt even be betting just need 2 shut his big *** mouth up. no one else has the ***** 2 do it so i stepped up. and i wont back down win or lose bro.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

with the 100 shot it is a no brainer. Don't tell or open your hood or he will back out unless you run NA. Tell no one you have put it in.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Launching!

with the 100 shot it is a no brainer. Don't tell or open your hood or he will back out unless you run NA. Tell no one you have put it in.
yes i thought it would be good thank u thank u. how about the cut out open or closed.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1passion
look man i really need 2 know were i stand i cant let this guy take 1500$ out of my pocket. so please just help me out a little hear. i promise ill have the vids and post them so u guys can watch. but im using the winnings thats if i win 2 help me buy a procharger bro. and ill be losing money that i shouldnt even be betting just need 2 shut his big *** mouth up. no one else has the ***** 2 do it so i stepped up. and i wont back down win or lose bro.
You obviously don't care enough about your $1500 to do 5 minutes of research and see what a car with his mods should run vs. a car with your mods. There are timeslips and dyno sheets and every other ******* thing on this site to help you make a decision on whether you should run NA or with juice. You know you will get worked over NA unless you can really out drive him. After all.. he has the sick paint job and yours is stock. So, spray him and get it over with.

'What if' threads are looked down upon here already, let alone a 'what if' thread involving a broken car.

I'd advise against the Procharger until you're ready to start doing your own research and really know what you're getting into.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

BTW... you said he has bald tires. Run from a dig or a very low roll.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

expert opinion (flame suite engaged) throw them BOTH in the woods.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
expert opinion (flame suite engaged) throw them BOTH in the woods.
We're all experts here. The informational threads in the Performance and Suspension sections of the site are for noobs.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
You obviously don't care enough about your $1500 to do 5 minutes of research and see what a car with his mods should run vs. a car with your mods. There are timeslips and dyno sheets and every other ******* thing on this site to help you make a decision on whether you should run NA or with juice. You know you will get worked over NA unless you can really out drive him. After all.. he has the sick paint job and yours is stock. So, spray him and get it over with.

'What if' threads are looked down upon here already, let alone a 'what if' thread involving a broken car.

I'd advise against the Procharger until you're ready to start doing your own research and really know what you're getting into.
i did look but couldnt find a car with his exact mods please post a link.
sorry guys i know ur all experts in here so no offense was meant. and i look 2 u guys 4 help because im often miss guided by the internet.

basically this guys a hustler and i happen 2 know his exact mods. he took a catback 06 gto ls2 out. from a dig put 4 cars on him so i know his cars really fast. i tried him with a torn up tranny of the launch he got half a car i quickly caught up. then no shift just screwed it all up and he ran away. i thought i would of got him. but know i want 2 go with a 100 shot since he wants 2 put 1500$ on it.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

He probably has about 30 WHP on you, plus better gearing. Keep the cutout open, and obviously spray. Don't tell him you're spraying or else he'll bitch out and we'll never get our video.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Hmm I wonder if unit will come and play soon?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Teching In

If he's willing to bet $1500 what makes you think he's not going to add a 100 shot or more to his car to be sure of the win?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1passion
so my friend has the same car as me same year and everything 2000 z28 auto but has these mods in his words .
My car. 2000 a4 z28 camaro. modifications: slp longtube headers, slp offroad y pipe, magnaflow catback, ngk tr55 spark plugs, gm underdrive pulley, slp lid, k & n cold air intake, slp cold air induction, slp smooth bellows, motorvation throttle body spacer, 373 gears, a big tune, halogen headlights, ghost flamed interior, painted black and sprayed clear tailights, c6 z06 rims with some bald *** tires, tinted windows(got in trouble for those and tailights), all paint work done by red dog jones at auto body, all power adders installed and tuned by nate at performance, suspension done by john at advanced suspension, and overseen by matt at customs. broken in by myself

and me with full dual exaust lt pacesetters K@N air filter lol and thats it. well im getting a 100 sot from my friend on my stock tune. how will this race go. sorry about the bench racing but im gonna bet alot of money on this race. so cant afford 2 lose.
1). so this cat has a lid, K&N cold air intake, and a SLP cold air induction? Jeez, His intake temps must be in the mid-30's. (is all that even possible?)

2).also, unless i'm reading this wrong, he's a basic bolt on car.

3). I'm with the last guy, if he's a hustler, you're about to get served.

4).
Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^ That guy i gonna hustle the **** outta you. You better have more than a 100 shot to beat him

Search this Thread