Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2002 Camaro Z28 M6 vs. Duramax

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2002 Camaro Z28 M6 vs. Duramax

I was on my way home from school, and I had this Duramax with a big *** exhaust cruising next to me the whole time. I wasn't thinking anything of it though, because we were both going the speed limit.

All of a sudden about a 1/4 mile from where I turn right, he floors it and black smokes pours out of the exhaust. I down shift and follow him and guess what he makes the same right that I had too. How convenient.

We are stopped at the light making a right. He floors it around the turn blowing black smoke everywhere and I take it easy around the turn so the back end doesn't come loose. Right after I get going straight, I lay into it. He is ahead of me but I reel him in pretty easily, then pass him and keep going. This road is perfect and straight as an arrow for about 1/3 mile. Got up to about 120mph and let off. He was pretty far back at this point. He probably let off lol.

I see my exit coming up on the right and I'm hoping he makes the exit too so we can talk a little bit. I see him make the exit. He pulls up to the stop sign next to me. We both give each other a thumbs up and he makes a right and I make a left.

He had at least a chip and exhaust. Maybe more, I don't know, because it was loud and it was blowing smoke like a mother ******
Probably a 14 sec truck. Pretty impressed with it being it weighs probably 7,000 lbs.

Short version:
Duramax blows smoke to get me to bite. We get on a straight road. I reel him in and get by him pretty easily. We both give each other thumbs up and go our separate ways.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the Duramax. I've seen some pretty insane deisels where I used to live. A friend of my brother in laws had an 01 Duramax that I won't even mess with. Probally a low to mid 12 second truck on a 6 inch lift and 35's.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Benner
Love the Duramax. I've seen some pretty insane deisels where I used to live. A friend of my brother in laws had an 01 Duramax that I won't even mess with. Probally a low to mid 12 second truck on a 6 inch lift and 35's.
Pretty cool trucks. My mom has an 07 2500HD with the duramax in it.
Bone stock with bigger tires on it. Pretty fast for what it is.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy tried to make me race him the same way. But his truck blew so much smoke I left off because i coulnt see anything. Make sure your always on their right side, or whatever side the exhaust is NOT on.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:45 AM
12 Second Club

Yep, I made sure I was on the left. The duramax has the exhaust on the right side.