Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A few races since I've owned my Formula.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few races since I've owned my Formula.

I've had a few races since I got my 94 Formula..

When my formula was BONE STOCK, I raced a neon dumdumdumdumdum. We went from a 50 roll, no beeps, just lined up, he down shifted and went. A second later I went too. I stayed dead even about 1 car back until about 85, then I creeped forward and he shut off right as I was gaining at about 100. I had to get off at the next exit so we couldnt go again.

--------------------

I now have my headers, exhaust, & CAI installed. A friend of mine was talkin **** in his 99 Mustang (Automatic V6). He said it would be a decent race.. I asked how he wanted to do the race. He said from a dig and 30 roll.

DIG - I spun and he didnt. Had me by about a half car by 15mph'ish. Pulled him back in and proceded to walk him. Had to have had 5 cars by 75mph. Its hard to tell when hes in your rear mirror.

30 roll - (IDK why he requested it).. But I tell him to go and have the jump, and I'll go after he does. Same thing.. beat him by more than a few lengths. I shut him up, but it wasnt any suprise to me.

-------------------

(after headers, exhaust, and CAI) Raced a C6 Corvette from a dig at a light.. What I did to the Mustang V6.. He did to me . He launched way better, and only pulled from there. The driver was pretty cool, he slowed back down and gave me a thumbs up after we were done. I gave him a thumbs up too. He had quite a few car lengths on me by 85.

------------------

Raced a 5.0 Mustang a few weeks back. Both of us were waiting to hit a light. Finally after about 4 intersections.. We got one. He asked what I had done to my Formula, and I said headers, exhaust, and CAI. I asked what he had done to his, and he said full exhaust and a 150 shot of nitrous. I asked if he wanted to go on motor and he said sure. A few seconds later the light turns green, and were off.. He had some good tires and got traction fairly well. Pulled very hard after that, although I thought he was spraying or had more done to his car than what he told me. I didnt think I'd lose that bad to a bolt-on 5.0. By 60 he had about 4 cars on me and it was a standard. I shut down since I pretty much lost.

-----------------

A guy I know has a 94 A4 Z28 'vert. Its pretty much stock except for an exhaust. The owner is pretty stupid, and says its got almost 400rwhp and its got some engine work. He thinks he could beat my Formula and I dont have a shot. He wants to go from a dig so thats what we did. I have my LT's, exhaust, and CAI on at this point too. Light turns green, I get a rare good launch, and pull him from there. I had about 2-3 lengths on him by the end of the race and we shut down at about 80ish. I went back to his house, and joked around for a bit and laughed at the whole "I dont have a chance thing".

---------------

3 weeks ago I raced a bolt-on LS1 T/A. IDK HER mods, but it definately wasnt stock. Had a nice rumble to it. We went from a 40 roll. I beeped 3 times, and we went. She had a 6 speed, and pulled on me.. Until she missed a shift and I passed her. I slowed down, and we raced again. Race 2: I beeped 3 times, and instantly pulled me again. By about 100, she had 4 cars on me. She was a pretty good driver. I was just happy to see a girl driving a T/A, never mind a modded one who races people. I gave her a thumbs up and she smiled back and had a pretty big grin on her face.

-----------

Today, I skrewed around with a 03/04 Cobra. On my way home from A restauraunt with a friend, and I see the Cobra up ahead of me. I speed up to catch it. It was definately modded and sounded pretty sick too. I match his speed of 45 and he waved for me to take the launch.. I, like the C6 Vette race, knew I was going to get my *** handed to me in the race. I go, and shortly after, The Cobra goes flying past me and makes me look like I'm standing still! He didnt stay in it for long, but long enough to prove his car was like 1000X more bad *** than mine. It was probibly a mid to low 11 second Cobra. I usually go to all the car shows but I've never seen this one around before. I gave the owner a thumbs up, and he gave one back to me.

----------

All of these happened over a span of 4 months. Just figured I'd have one big "mega post" of the races I was involved in since I got my formula.

- Mike

Last edited by Camaro_94; 09-18-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like a lot of good races...wish I had that kind of luck
Old 09-19-2008, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a bunch of nice races!

except for the v6 mustang. i don't even know if that was worth posting ...but yeah he shouldn't have requested that race.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I knew I would beat my friends Mustang, but I just had to shut him up since he thought he'd be able to keep up with me and not lose too badly.

- Mike
Old 09-19-2008, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't plame ya. pretty ignorant of him.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey, I saw 03 Cobra.

Good runs no doubt
Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Hey, I saw 03 Cobra.

Good runs no doubt
And it was a convertable.. It looked sick.

- Mike