Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock 2008 Corvette vs. Modded Neon dumdumdumdumdum

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
There's quite a few Evo guys that run at 42. They always complain about the prep, but say they're pretty lenient on tech there so that's where they usually go.
You are exactly right about 42 plus it is cheap ($15) and one can usually get a lot of passes. There were two super fast Evos there last nite--high 9's and low 10's.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Launching!

i see a stock M-6 trapping 110, i trap 107 in my stock A4
Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2001stripper
You are exactly right about 42 plus it is cheap ($15) and one can usually get a lot of passes. There were two super fast Evos there last nite--high 9's and low 10's.
Was one white and one blue?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 137 Likes on 66 Posts

Good kill and nice times on both cars! 42 is great if your not looking for a perfect track cus prep usually isnt great but they really dont have any tech either which is great. Oh and that damn right lane... They didnt even make me wear a helmet. There are plenty of fast *** EVO's runnin around the area. but i could say the same about Fbods too.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Was one white and one blue?
Yes
Old 10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Nope. Here, your car is a 14 second beast.
Damn haha, you must have some high elevation or something
Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001stripper
These cars can be made to go real fast, no doubt. Of course, this statement applies to pretty much all cars.

Let me restate what Im saying. They can be made fast really easily and dont get enough credit here because they are Neons. Mine made that with just a turbo swap, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump and a E manage. On high boost the car would have made around 450 whp and could have totally destroyed almost anything on the road, from a roll of course. lol. FWD was the biggest reason I got rid of it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Village Idiot

Who in their right mind would want to modify a FWD Dodge Neon? That's just wrong!!! Drop an LS1 in a mini cooper or something else, but a Dodge Neon, come on now, that's borderline gay.. I probably wouldn't even race a Dodge Neon even if it was mod'd. I would probably just laugh and watch those front wheels spin instead...... What's next the Geo Metro?

Good kill anyway I guess...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Let me restate what Im saying. They can be made fast really easily and dont get enough credit here because they are Neons. Mine made that with just a turbo swap, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump and a E manage. On high boost the car would have made around 450 whp and could have totally destroyed almost anything on the road, from a roll of course. lol. FWD was the biggest reason I got rid of it.
The S.R.T-4 is a hell of a sleeper. Everyone I know offline just thinks they're slow POS Neons. I know better and have respect for them.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Who in their right mind would want to modify a FWD Dodge Neon? That's just wrong!!! Drop an LS1 in a mini cooper or something else, but a Dodge Neon, come on now, that's borderline gay.. I probably wouldn't even race a Dodge Neon even if it was mod'd. I would probably just laugh and watch those front wheels spin instead...... What's next the Geo Metro?

Why is it that the Skittles get hated on so much but other turbo 4s like the Evo and STi are well-respected? Forget the FWD and AWD.. from a roll it makes no difference.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it is any gayer than modding an SC400...

Anyway, a neon is not a good car for drag racing and it would truly suck if it was my fast car. It's a great beater though and can spank alot of v8 keister; including many if not most of the cars here.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

I don't know if it is any gayer than modding an SC400...

Anyway, a neon is not a good car for drag racing and it would truly suck if it was my fast car. It's a great beater though and can spank alot of v8 keister; including many if not most of the cars here.
hell yah, especially at high alltitude. Turbos work in any conditions, that's exactly why all the rigs have em, turbo diesels, that was the fix for mountains when all those truckers had serious issues.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Village Idiot

I don't know if it is any gayer than modding an SC400
No you didn't go their!!!!...**** here we go again... Actually I will do my best not to start a war on this thread..

You would be suprised how well built and nice those older SC400's Lexus's cars can be..They come with a bullet proof V8 motor that never breaks down and runs forever, good top speed in stock form (160mph), rides and drives like a caddy, great stock stereo 300w, and you can buy them used now for a couple of grand with 300,000 miles on them and they will still be as reliable as hell and drive like new.. That is all I have to say about those SC400's.... They look old and kinda weak in stock form though...

I am moding up this old SC400 to be a sleeper... It sounds like a Chevy now with my current exhaust setup, and will probably beat any car you have 0-60mph, I have completely restored it, lowered it, D/S rotors, big brakes, and Italian racing rims on it as well as fat rears..Tint, etc.. Nothing gay about my mod'd SC400 which will soon have an LS2 sitting under the hood... Just got underway with the swap now and it's not easy....

What can you really say about a FWD Dodge Neon though? I mean really. Not to shoot it down, but if you put rims, lower it, supe it up, etc.. etc..it will always look like a piece of **** Dodge Neon... If mod'd the neon will sound like a lawnmower on steroids, garbage!!!... You will get laughed at probably and get little or no respect.. Well maybe you will get a little respect if it runs a flat 11 in the quarter... In my humble opinion the Dodge Neon no matter how you look at it is extremely gay and ricey when mod'd...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-09-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No you didn't go their!!!!...**** here we go again...

You would be suprised how well built and nice those older SC400's Lexus's cars can be..They come with a bullet proof V8 motor that never breaks down and runs forever, good top speed in stock form (160mph), rides and drives like a caddy, great stock stereo 300w, and you can buy them used now for a couple of grand with 300,000 miles on them and they will still be as reliable as hell and drive like new.. That is all I have to say about those SC400's.... They look old and kinda weak in stock form though...

I am moding up this old SC400 to be a sleeper... It sounds like a Chevy now with my current exhaust setup, and will probably beat any car you have 0-60mph, I have completely restored it, lowered it, D/S rotors, big brakes, and Italian racing rims on it as well as fat rears..Tint, etc.. Nothing gay about my mod'd SC400 which will soon have an LS2 sitting under the hood... Just got underway with the swap now and it's not easy....

What can you really say about a Dodge Neon though? I mean really. Not to shoot it down, but if you put rims, lower it, supe it up, etc.. etc..it will always look like a piece of **** Dodge Neon... You will get laughed at probably and get little or no respect.. Well maybe you will get a little respect if it runs a flat 11 in the quarter... In my humble opinion the Dodge Neon no matter how you look at it is extremely gay and ricey when mod'd...
0-60? That's kinda ricer right there. So what does that wicked fast lexus run in the 1/4? I doubt it is faster than my turbo SS (well, actually it is right now, since I'm in the middle of a motor build, but you know what I mean). Here in Tucson, your 3500lb 400hp car would probably not even beat the neon except maybe 0-60 since you have a stalled auto.

Here's my best ET run in the neon (silver, no wing, cf trunk and hood). Mph is not my best. Call it gay if you want but that's a real sleeper.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...129_189094.htm
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

I don know joe Jibbys got a 100 shot of NITRO!!! What the hell ever that is. Truth be known I would have put my Neon up against your Toyota with the new motor and the NITRO!!! and still would have walked past you. Like the way they look or not they are nasty little cars with not much money in them.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Village Idiot

enjinjoe - My SC400 would not beat anyone one right now as it too is down in the garage with the LS2 swap underway.....Prior to the swap I never ran it in the quarter so I can't give you an honest track time.....It's strength was really 0-60mph as it was very torquey and grippy under the juice...Topend died off pretty much after 80mph.. I could hang with most newer Vette's from a dig... I beat all the newer M model Beamers, I could spank the new Mustang GT's. I could basically pull on most cars from a dig... Fun ride for what it was, a real sleeper too as I suprised many a motorists in my day with that car...

Necrocannibal - I never said I could beat a turbo'd Neon in my SC400, I just said they are kinda gay... More power too you though, if you feel cool in it and are blowing away the competition then good for you man..Enjoy, it's just not my cup of tea that's all.....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-09-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Necrocannibal - I never said I could beat a turbo'd Neon in my SC400, I just they are kinda gay... More power too you though, if you feel cool in it and are blowing away the competition then good for man..Enjoy, it's just not my cup of tea....
Well thats cool then, you sounded alot more hostile last time you said it. I dont own it anymore BTW
Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Village Idiot

Dude, I am not hostile at all, just very defensive and opinionated...I need to work on that as that seems to get me in some heated trouble on occasion on this forum... Cheers man Mod'ing a lexus and disliking Ford Mustangs don't seem to help my cause either...Go figure?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

What can you really say about a FWD Dodge Neon though? I mean really. Not to shoot it down, but if you put rims, lower it, supe it up, etc.. etc..it will always look like a piece of **** Dodge Neon... If mod'd the neon will sound like a lawnmower on steroids, garbage!!!... You will get laughed at probably and get little or no respect.. Well maybe you will get a little respect if it runs a flat 11 in the quarter... In my humble opinion the Dodge Neon no matter how you look at it is extremely gay and ricey when mod'd...

Gay and ricey says the 40 year old man modding a lexus SC400, LOL

I never get laughed at in my neon, that's weird.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Village Idiot

Chavez, no, please don't tell me you drive a frigg'n Neon...OMG!!! Atleast, you showed a pic of your Camaro and not your Neon in your Screen picture...Smart kid, I'll give you that... Oh, and this 40 year old man is young at heart and very phsically fit via the MMA training...So relax on the old man jokes as I will probably out live you.....

Dude, honestly I rented a Dodge neon in Hawii when I was their visiting...That car is no better then a old honda civic hatchback... Total FWD pure garbage with 0 power in stock form...A good A-B car for farting around and saving gas but that would be it... Still it's a FWD 4 banger... Hotrodding it and cruising around with boys on Friday nights just wouldn't work for me... ...

Come on does everyone think the Dodge Neon is cool car? I guess GEO Metro's that are pink in color are cool cars too? Am I losing my mind here? You guys can't compare my Lexus to a Dodge Neon, come on...

Hey, what ever floats your boat I guess, It's all good... Dude my lexus is not fruity, don't know why you guys are shooting on it...Ever drove or been in my SC400 or even a stock one?
Attached Thumbnails Stock 2008 Corvette vs. Modded Neon dumdumdumdumdum-hpim0407b.jpg   Stock 2008 Corvette vs. Modded Neon dumdumdumdumdum-picture-20096.jpg   Stock 2008 Corvette vs. Modded Neon dumdumdumdumdum-picture-20105.jpg   Stock 2008 Corvette vs. Modded Neon dumdumdumdumdum-hpim0757.jpg   Stock 2008 Corvette vs. Modded Neon dumdumdumdumdum-hpim0794.jpg  

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-09-2008 at 01:13 PM.