Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock 2008 Corvette vs. Modded Neon dumdumdumdumdum

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Chavez, no, please don't tell me you don't drive a frigg'n Neon...OMG!!! Atleast, you showed a pic of your Camaro and not your Neon in your Screen picture...Smart kid, I'll give you that... Oh, and this 40 year old man is young at heart and very phsically fit via the MMA training...So relax on the old man jokes...

Dude, honestly I rented a Dodge neon in Hawii when I was their visiting...That car is no better then a old honda civic hatchback... Total FWD pure garbage with 0 power in stock form...A good A-B for farting around and saving gas but that would be it... Still it's a FWD 4 banger... Hotrodding it and cruising around with boys on a Friday nights just doesn't work for me... ...

Come on does everyone think the Dodge Neon is cool car? Am I the only one doesn't think that, am I losing my mind here?
MMA huh, thats cool, glad you're staying in shape

You rented a dodge neon, not an S.R.T. 4 LOL. You really are clueless at times. No one said its cool, but gay and ricey is definitely not the words i would use to describe it. (although alot of these kids do some stupid ****)

The SRT is just my DD , gets 28+ MPG when you keep your foot out of it, its a good car to drive while I do stupid **** to my Z. Troll on old man.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Come on does everyone think the Dodge Neon is cool car? I guess GEO Metro's that are pink in color are cool cars too? Am I the only one here that doesn't think that, am I losing my mind here?
I'm pretty indifferent. The more I realize that everyone thinks they're slow, the more I want one. The important thing is that they're a very quick car from a roll and not to be disrespected. I'm sure it'd be upsetting to hate on Neons so bad and then get smoked by one. You keep ignoring the fact that an SR+4 is not a regular Neon, just like a Evo is not a regular lancer or a Z28 is not a regular Camaro.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
I'm pretty indifferent. The more I realize that everyone thinks they're slow, the more I want one. The important thing is that they're a very quick car from a roll and not to be disrespected. I'm sure it'd be upsetting to hate on Neons so bad and then get smoked by one. You keep ignoring the fact that an SR+4 is not a regular Neon, just like a Evo is not a regular lancer or a Z28 is not a regular Camaro.
I actually owned a dumdumdumdumdum for about a week. I had a dealer's liscense and bought it at an auction. It was very fun to drive but I took it back to auction and sold it because it had a miss. I do respect these cars though.

I think that most of us are focusing on the Neon and not the corvette. To be able to run a 12.1 @ 118 at the track and then run 180 mph (it had more)
on the highway, this is truly amazing. And to do this bone stock just adds to the amazement. The 2008 Corvette is by far the best bang for the buck.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2001stripper
I actually owned a dumdumdumdumdum for about a week. I had a dealer's liscense and bought it at an auction. It was very fun to drive but I took it back to auction and sold it because it had a miss. I do respect these cars though.

I think that most of us are focusing on the Neon and not the corvette. To be able to run a 12.1 @ 118 at the track and then run 180 mph (it had more)
on the highway, this is truly amazing. And to do this bone stock just adds to the amazement. The 2008 Corvette is by far the best bang for the buck.
The LS3 is a bad motherf. I agree 100%. A buddy did 180 in his LS2 C6 no problem, i have no doubt the LS3 can do it, and quicker too
Old 10-09-2008, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

LS3s are sick, funny you say you did 180 and it felt like 70. I know a guy that just bought an LS3 A6 and he said the EXACT same thing. They're guessing it will go low-mid 12s at 115 or so in our 2500+DA, we'll find out next friday.

Those SRT4s are quick cars no doubt, boost + no weight is good from a roll.

The silver one in the vid was pretty quick, I hate cars with unpainted CF goods though. Look stupid, ricey, and out of place. Other than that, the car was fine.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
LS3s are sick, funny you say you did 180 and it felt like 70. I know a guy that just bought an LS3 A6 and he said the EXACT same thing. They're guessing it will go low-mid 12s at 115 or so in our 2500+DA, we'll find out next friday.

The silver one in the vid was pretty quick, I hate cars with unpainted CF goods though. Look stupid, ricey, and out of place. Other than that, the car was fine.
He'll hit that time.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Let me restate what Im saying. They can be made fast really easily and dont get enough credit here because they are Neons. Mine made that with just a turbo swap, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump and a E manage. On high boost the car would have made around 450 whp and could have totally destroyed almost anything on the road, from a roll of course. lol. FWD was the biggest reason I got rid of it.
Ditto.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33

I get that kind of reaction about 50% of the time. I was going to paint them, but they kind of grew on me. I got them pretty cheap from a guy who was selling his car. I was just trying to get rid of the huge wing really. I took that thing off as soon as I got home from the dealership and ran around with carriage bolts covering the holes for more than two years. It has a really low profile spoiler now with the CF trunk. I also saved about 40lbs! This car only weighs 2840lbs with a half tank of gas. My SS weighed 3400lbs with a 1/4 tank on the same scale. That's a lot of weight to be pulling around every day.

LS3's rule!!!