Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which type of Panhard Bar is best?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Which type of Panhard Bar is best?

Hey guys,

like it says, which panhard bar is the best? I see non ajdustables, adjustables, dual adjustables, do they make a load of a difference? I have a WS6 w/ LCA's, relocation brackets, i think stock sway bars and eibach pro kit. i'm thinking about a panhard bar, but don't really know which direction to go.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends. If you are going to stay stock ride height your whole live then the non adjustable is fine. It will help the rear feel a bit more stable by getting rid of the flimsy stock peice. Since you are lowerd then you will want adjustable. This is because you will need to recenter the rear end from the drop. Adjustable can also help if you move up to 315's. I tend to recommend the on car adjustable bars with poly on both ends for street use. The reason for this is poly does a fine job for this part and will last much longer than a rod end. The single adjustable bar I'm not sure why one would buy, just doesn't make much sense to me. Since this part does not require much articulation (unlike LCA's) Rod ends will only help by decreasing deflection more than poly. Rod ends won't really effect ride quality much with this part though. If you don't mind replacing the ends every so often (at least every 2 years), dealing with noise when they start to wear, and paying for them, then the rod end double adjustable is a great option. It's just not for me. Many have it and love it and I can understand why. For me it comes down to longevity and ease of adjustment, so I like the on car adjustable bar with poly on both ends. Any manufacturer's PHB will be fairly similar so who you go with is up to you.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Veteran

I never saw a big difference with an aftermarket adj panhard other than the factory piece wasn't the right size.

When I went to a Watt's Link it was a completely different car!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car felt a bit more stable in the rear when I had the aftermarket bar in than the stocker. The watts should indeed make the car feel completely different though. Wish I had the money for it.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

i have a poly/poly on car adjustable bar from spohn and it works great
Old 11-11-2008, 02:02 AM
11 Second Club

Does it make that much of a difference? If I remember correctly, I don't remember seeing a stock bar going straight across the rear of my car? Just a sway bar..
Old 11-11-2008, 06:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Hey guys,

like it says, which panhard bar is the best? I see non ajdustables, adjustables, dual adjustables, do they make a load of a difference? I have a WS6 w/ LCA's, relocation brackets, i think stock sway bars and eibach pro kit. i'm thinking about a panhard bar, but don't really know which direction to go.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
Hello,

How often do you drive your vehicle on the street? What is the car used mostly for?

Let me know and I am glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 11-11-2008, 08:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, the main purpose of the panhard is to keep the body centered over the rear end. Since you have lowered your car a little you will need an adjustable one to correct the body alignment. Your car will feel more stable with an aftermarket bar on due to the higher durometer bushings and added strength of the bar itself. Our panhard bars are available with poly bushings on both ends, a poly rod end combo, or rod ends on both ends. Your driving style and use for your car will determine which panhard bar will be best for your application. Give me a call if you have any questions.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

UMI adjustable...noticed a nice change after my install
Old 11-12-2008, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry it took so long to reply.

For BMR and UMI:
I drive the car on the street all the time. Sometimes every day of the week, sometimes once or twice a week. I don't really want to say I "beat" on the car, but lets just say the car sees a lot of "spirited" driving.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply

Since your vehicle see's the street quite a bit I am going to recommend a panhard bar that features polyurethane bushings on both ends. This panhard bar is on-car adjustable, grease-able and offers a good ride quality with no additional road noise. This item is priced at 124.99 and is in stock in red or black.

I posted a link below along with a picture. If you have any questions please ask.

www.umiperformance.com/2029

Thank you!
Ryan