Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what k-member are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what k-member are you running?

i am looking at an AJE Moly K-member. anyone know anything about em on an f-body? i had one on my 89 coupe and i was happy with it. also what is the advantage of the pinto rack?

Last edited by boostnificent; 12-20-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Launching!

I'm also curious about the AJE K-members for our 4th gen f-bodies, also the AJE A-arms. There's AJE A-arms on Jegs that say "for f-body Camaro" but doesn't specify years or anything.
(I know the OP is almost 2 months old, but I figured I'd bring this thread back rather than start a new one.)
Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm running a stock K-member and Stock lower control arms because they are the only pieces available that hold up the riggers of autocrossing and road racing, especially with my 315's on all four corners.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CavPat
I'm also curious about the AJE K-members for our 4th gen f-bodies, also the AJE A-arms. There's AJE A-arms on Jegs that say "for f-body Camaro" but doesn't specify years or anything.
(I know the OP is almost 2 months old, but I figured I'd bring this thread back rather than start a new one.)

yeah if you go to http://www.ajeracing.com/there isn't alot of info either. i guess i'll just call them and ask some questions. i'll post up the answers i get.

Major my application will be drag racing. i am looking for the wieght savings. i'm not sure of Cav's app but i am guessing the same as mine.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think for most drag race only applications you should be fine, unless your car can do a wheel stand, then you may want to re-consider because when that front end comes back down a pretty good load is seen by the Lower A-arm and K-member.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

look at PA Racing they make good stuff. That is what I have ordered.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BMR is my personal choice
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 AM
8 Second Club

PA is what i use if it it has to be lite . I have used a few BMR s , both are good but the pa is chrome-molly or mild steel where the BMR is Mild only are used to be.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

UMI makes two tubular k members. In of them is a road race version that has upgrades to it to make it stronger.

I have a spohn tubular k member on my 89 T/A and I am happy with it.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1foxcoupe
looks thats were i'll be getting mine good prices..
Old 02-06-2009, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K member

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
UMI makes two tubular k members. In of them is a road race version that has upgrades to it to make it stronger.
Thanks

We do have two versions of K members Kits, One is a Road Race version and the other is a Street version that cuts 25lbs off the front end! And with both versions you do have the option to upgrade your A arms to 4140 Chrome Moly Steel! If you have any other questions feel free to contact us and I will be glad to help!
Thanks Again,
Brad
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1foxcoupe
i just bought a PA racing chromoly kmember off of someone on here very nice piece and its LIGHT
Old 02-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Ya, I'm looking for weight savings. I don't auto-cross or road race, and not planning on any big wheel-stands.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Thanks

We do have two versions of K members Kits, One is a Road Race version and the other is a Street version that cuts 25lbs off the front end! And with both versions you do have the option to upgrade your A arms to 4140 Chrome Moly Steel! If you have any other questions feel free to contact us and I will be glad to help!
Thanks Again,
Brad
i went with UMI k-member. best looking member out there. well i got two. one for my car. and one for my little bro
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Most of the big horsepower drag radial F-Body racers use the BMR K-member.

BMR K-members are made from DOM steel, not chrome-moly. That means they are a couple of pounds heavier than the 4130 K-members.

However, the BMR K-member can also be used on the street. Many of the chrome-moly K-members are designed as a drag-race-only component, so they don't have the extra tubing required for street driving (in other words, potholes).

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-08-2009, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Most of the big horsepower drag radial F-Body racers use the BMR K-member.

BMR K-members are made from DOM steel, not chrome-moly. That means they are a couple of pounds heavier than the 4130 K-members.

However, the BMR K-member can also be used on the street. Many of the chrome-moly K-members are designed as a drag-race-only component, so they don't have the extra tubing required for street driving (in other words, potholes).
Exactlly. Aftermaket K-members and the street dont mix well. Ive seen Quite a few different one break with daily use. I had one that did. Im going to fix it with QT1000 tubing 1.25 od .109 wall thickness. With bias welds where it broke. An aftermarket K-member is great if your running turbos and need the clearance.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

running a umi here on both cars.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Thanks

Thanks Again,
Brad
Im running a UMI, as a fabricator, I could appreciate the workmanship that was done on it. I could have easily made one with my jd2 bender, 4130 tubing or dom tubing, and my ole faithful syncrowave 250, but in the end, it was so easy to make a call, order one, and when it arrived to think some companies still do take pride in what they make. I have in the past ordered different things from different MFG's (not going to bash anyone). I had all kinds of problems with my torque arm, and lca's that it left me bitter. So I built my rear suspension, lca's, tq arm, phr..... and was never going to "buy" something I could make myself Again. Well, fwiw, I would order anything from UMI no questions asked at this point. It's not worth my time anymore, because honestly, If I had a problem ( doubt I ever will), I know I could call Ryan @ UMI, and im sure it would be taken care of. Seems like a really good company, with great customer service! I even had a bolt snap, and he wasn't sure if he had the right bolt for my application, he sent out 2 size bolts for free to get me going(car had been down for months). Great company...
Old 02-09-2009, 07:44 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Thanks Again

Originally Posted by BADD SS
Im running a UMI, as a fabricator, I could appreciate the workmanship that was done on it. I could have easily made one with my jd2 bender, 4130 tubing or dom tubing, and my ole faithful syncrowave 250, but in the end, it was so easy to make a call, order one, and when it arrived to think some companies still do take pride in what they make. I have in the past ordered different things from different MFG's (not going to bash anyone). I had all kinds of problems with my torque arm, and lca's that it left me bitter. So I built my rear suspension, lca's, tq arm, phr..... and was never going to "buy" something I could make myself Again. Well, fwiw, I would order anything from UMI no questions asked at this point. It's not worth my time anymore, because honestly, If I had a problem ( doubt I ever will), I know I could call Ryan @ UMI, and im sure it would be taken care of. Seems like a really good company, with great customer service! I even had a bolt snap, and he wasn't sure if he had the right bolt for my application, he sent out 2 size bolts for free to get me going(car had been down for months). Great company...
Hello
Thank you for choosing UMI Performance. Glad you are happy with our Products! If there is any other questions feel free to contact me and I will be glad to help.
Thanks Again,
Brad
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

PA Racing makes a strong and light unit. I DD my car, drag it probably every weekend and have done some auto-X before and haven't destroyed my k member. I recommend PA racing.

Quick Reply: what k-member are you running?