Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

why does my new brakes do this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default why does my new brakes do this?

on the CTS-V...cracked a rear rotor, needed something quick, bought an entire "no name but built right here in our machine shop in CA" drilled&slotted rotors/pads set off ebay 2k miles ago. Fitment is fine, look is fine, but they roar when pressed...especially stopping from a buck 25

Is this just "ya get what you pay for" or do I need to pull the rotors and have them turned?

Another worry is this...they advertised as "low dust" pads. They are semi-metallic pads but don't really dust at all, ever. Yeah, I'm thrilled after being used to having to wash the wheels every 150 miles, but with them not dusting, AND the roaring...is there something going on I need to address?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2008, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sure they are on the right way? The holes should go from the inside (hub) out and face the front of the car.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sic2001
sure they are on the right way? The holes should go from the inside (hub) out and face the front of the car.
I was told they were not directional as far as cooling fins and such, but tell me more. As far as the hole orientation, thats how I've got them...as if the slots and slots are originating from the hub and shooting forward.