Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Penske shocks??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:32 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penske shocks??

Anyone recognize these shocks? I don't have a use for them. They came off of the '95 Camaro in my sig before it was modified to Outlaw Drag Radial. They are very nice and obviously high quality. They were never driven on, the car was just pushed around the shop. They are 19 1/2" long with 110 lb. springs. There is a nitrogen charge valve on the top. I want to sell them but I'm unsure of their value. Any clues? I went to Penskes site and they look alot like their 7500 series shock.
Thanks, Karl

Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Are they single or double adjustable? What is the total travel length? Coleman Racing has a similar unit for $180. Never used this unit, however i have used other high end Penske units and can say they are some of the best available. Most are fully rebuildable and there is a large selection of shim stacks to tune your shock available from coleman.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:56 PM
7 Second Club

If there is any adjustment on these shocks, I can't find it. There is a nitrogen charge valve on them. The only other thing that I see is spring adjustment for ride height.
The threaded spring adjustment is actually a sleeve that slides over a more conventional looking shock. So the coilover part of the arrangement can be completely removed.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
7 Second Club

Default More info

Okay, so I found these shocks online at

http://www.resuspension.com/Penske-p-1-c-10.html

These are the exact shocks I have minus the coil springs.
Now that I know what they are, I'll post them for sale in the classifieds.

Thanks for your input. Karl

Quick Reply: Penske shocks??