Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Drag shock and question on lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Drag shock and question on lowering springs

I'm setting my third gen up for street/strip duty so I have a couple of questions.

First, which type of drag shock would be good for track duty while retaining some sort of handling characteristics for street use? I'm looking at the QA1 Gen-F shocks, rather expensive at almost two hundred a piece but they are 12 way adjustable to make tuning easier.

Second, I currently have Eiback pro kit springs on the rear and sportlines on the front to give the car the perfect stance with 17" TT2 rims. Would these spring hurt my performance on the track? Basically can I have a low stance tight suspension while still being able to hold 500+ Hp to the ground?

And finally would weld in LCA relocation brackets be a wise investment for the rear?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the Strange adjustabe shocks are a much better deal and a better shock, IMO. i have several sets out there and the performance is by far the best bang for the buck. the external adjustable shocks are the way to go for street/strip use.
any of the lowering springs are usually not gonna help with launches. the f-body stock ride height usually works well to most people's power level. every car is a bit different and what works for one isn't necessarily the best for the next. ride height vs center of gravity has alot to do with the optimum launch. you just have to see what works for your application. the Strange, AFCO, and QA1 front shocks all are threaded body and require a different spring to be used anyway. the threaded body shock allows you to adjust your ride height as well.
weld in LCA relocator brackets are always a good idea. this also allows you to adjust the suspension geometry for optimum traction.
pm me for pricing... i have the best deal on all the parts you need.

Quick Reply: Best Drag shock and question on lowering springs