Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

97 WS6 FORMULA with lots of miles...

Old 01-09-2009, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 97 WS6 FORMULA with lots of miles...

Looking for some great suspension parts to revive the old bird. What are the best front end kits? I think it sits a little lower than non-ws6 cars already and would like to keep the same stance. What springs and shocks would give me the best bang for buck? Any idea on the diameter of the ws6 cars sway bars? I know it has the 3.23 rear. Just looking for some ideas and pricing. Thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by oldNslow89TA
Looking for some great suspension parts to revive the old bird. What are the best front end kits? I think it sits a little lower than non-ws6 cars already and would like to keep the same stance. What springs and shocks would give me the best bang for buck? Any idea on the diameter of the ws6 cars sway bars? I know it has the 3.23 rear. Just looking for some ideas and pricing. Thanks
First, WS.6 cars should have the same ride height as a base V8 car.
Next your stock swaybars should be 32mm front 19mm rear (they are on the LS1 WS6 cars).
Next, if you don't plan to lower it keep your stock springs, they will do fine for handling and feel at that height. If you want to really tighten things up and make the car feel more like it should invest in some Koni SA's from: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=11&ModelID=4
The difference is down right incredible, it will be a totally different car and drive more like a BMW M3. Search down some threads and you will see everyones results with these. The stock shocks are the sole reason these cars ride choppy, feel big and floaty/bouncy at times, twitchy in corners and have sudden snap oversteer. You can kiss all of these problems goodbye and welcome a dramatically more balanced and neutral car with great feel and better ride quality with konis.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldNslow89TA
koni sa shocks and your stock springs will be your best bang for the buck... items to possibly replace/definitely inspect at that time include endlinks on your bars, torque arm mount and tranny(if A4 definitely as stock seems to tear/rip and not visually noticed until support mount is removed..not sure if same applies to M6..) mount, outer tierods(possibly inners as well), upper/lower balljoints, upper/lower ca bushings(on the rear aftermarket complete lcas are reasonably priced ) and panhard bar(mine was bent decided on a bmr one). Goodluck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97 WS6 FORMULA with lots of miles...