Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bought fromnt Konis, now need rear...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought fromnt Konis, now need rear...

Excuse my ignorance as I'm not up to speed on the shock lingo...

I bought a pair of 12 way, double adjustable Koni shocks for my car. Now, I want to toss the Bilstein crap on the rears... I'd like the rears to match, but am only finding single adjustable shocks.

Also, looking at Strano's site, other than internal and external adjustment, what's the difference between the 8241-1140 Sport and 30-1265 Sport? I see an extra line on the cheaper shock: 4 damping settings. Do the more expensive ones not have 4 settings too?

Thank you.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

One set requires you to take the shocks off to adjust them while the other is on-car adjustable. Call Sam and he should have some of the double adjustables. Or, just hit Ebay up. I know they have full sets on there and I'm pretty sure you can buy just the rear as well.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Buy from Sam. His prices aren't the lowest but they are competitive and he will actually take time to help you on the install - if you don't value this type of (expert) help, you should consider a different hobby.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

without a doubt go to strano... hes extremely helpful, ordered my shocks and springs from him. Im sure he will help you out with any questions you have. good luck! btw, youll be glad to do the rears, fronts are way harder than the rears... rears took me about an hour to do both sides.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by squee
One set requires you to take the shocks off to adjust them while the other is on-car adjustable. Call Sam and he should have some of the double adjustables. Or, just hit Ebay up. I know they have full sets on there and I'm pretty sure you can buy just the rear as well.
Thanks! I suppose if I can't get double-adjustable shocks for the rear, I'll just settle for the single. Either way, I definitely don't want to have to pull the shocks for an adjustment.

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Buy from Sam. His prices aren't the lowest but they are competitive and he will actually take time to help you on the install - if you don't value this type of (expert) help, you should consider a different hobby.
That doesn't answer my question in the slightest. Thanks anyway.

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
without a doubt go to strano... hes extremely helpful, ordered my shocks and springs from him. Im sure he will help you out with any questions you have. good luck! btw, youll be glad to do the rears, fronts are way harder than the rears... rears took me about an hour to do both sides.
Well, this will be the 3rd or time I'm swapping out all four shocks and springs. I'm actually NOT looking forward to the rear shocks. If it were just the rear springs? Then yeah, those are definitely easier.