Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

? on my S60 rear sway bars end links!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on my S60 rear sway bars end links!

Hey guys,After receiving and installing my new S60 on my 02 camaro, I noticed that the end links for the sway bar that came with my S60 are longer them my stockers. Im guessing this is because the S60 tubes are larger thus moving the sway bar lower then it would be on my stock 10 bolt. My question is since my ride is lowered 1.2'' should I remove 1'' from the center of the end links to get it correct? My sway bar (loaded ) should set exactly horizontal to the car ,Right? Thanks guys
Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

Basically yes, you want the links and bar to be as close to a 90 degree angle at ride height as possible. This may or may not mean horizontal with the frame depending on how it all lines up. I just did this on my car when I noticed they were a little long last Friday at the shop. I drove it around this weekend and it helped reduce under steer and the car is more neutral than ever. My bar isn't horizontal with the ground but the links are very close to 90* with it.

Vernon
Old 01-25-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
Basically yes, you want the links and bar to be as close to a 90 degree angle at ride height as possible. This may or may not mean horizontal with the frame depending on how it all lines up. I just did this on my car when I noticed they were a little long last Friday at the shop. I drove it around this weekend and it helped reduce under steer and the car is more neutral than ever. My bar isn't horizontal with the ground but the links are very close to 90* with it.

Vernon
Thanks guy!!Barnat

Quick Reply: ? on my S60 rear sway bars end links!