Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

non adj. lca & 9" guys come in

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non adj. lca & 9" guys come in

Anyone have a problem with the rear sitting to far back or forward with nonadjustable lca and relocation brackets? I have a chance to get a good deal on some nonadjustable lca's and relo brackets. Just not sure if it will align right. Any input good or bad please.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

We noticed Moser 9" rear ends to always require adjustable control arms to center the rear end after the install. I know you didn't say the brand but I assume its a Moser? Also bolt on relocation brackets won't work and most companies make relocation brackets specifically for the Moser 9" since there control arm mounts are wider.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Well damn. I guess i heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Yeah its a moser(in sig). I havent noticed it being off center in the wheel wells though. And i assume umi has the relo's for the moser? And yeah, that info helped alot, probably saved me a future headache.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad I could help! Usually when running the larger tires you will see the rear end sitting off center.. at least this is our experience.

Yes we do offer the Moser relocation brackets, they are seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2011

If I can help anymore please ask. Thanks!
Ryan
Old 02-07-2009, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

I'm running a moser 9in and the only issue i see is that the rear end is not centered left to right under the vehicle with more bias to the right side. I've heard that the stock ones do this also but its noticable with a 275/40 on the rear. I don't run huge slicks so I haven't run into a problem with it being centered in the wheel well. I'd say an adjustable panhard bar would a good idea...wish I had one. Oh well, hope this helps.

Eric