Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano's Springs or Front Solid Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano's Springs or Front Solid Sway Bar

i am going to eventually get both of these, but im about to spend $2k getting my tranny rebuilt, ls7 clutch, pp, flywheel, slave, master, and remote bleeder. so its one or the other...for now. im leaning towards the sway bar because its cheaper. but i want the springs because not only do they make the car look better they help with handling. thanks. Dan.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badazz99ta
i am going to eventually get both of these, but im about to spend $2k getting my tranny rebuilt, ls7 clutch, pp, flywheel, slave, master, and remote bleeder. so its one or the other...for now. im leaning towards the sway bar because its cheaper. but i want the springs because not only do they make the car look better they help with handling. thanks. Dan.
I think ide go with the springs first if it were my decision.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Greekey
I think ide go with the springs first if it were my decision.
Strano is sold out for now and as far as front bar you might want to measure what you already have if it's 32mm ..I'd just change bushings/end links til Sam gets his hollow bars available.. whichever way goodluck
Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Personally I'd go with the swaybar since you just have Bilstiens.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

You are sort of comparing apples and oranges.... Springs and bars work differently, and with different components.

Bilstein's can work with my springs, but you're better off on Koni's. I am out of springs (so popular I can't keep them in stock) but I'm taking orders to fill first-come first-serve off the next batch. About 10 sets are already sold. If you want my springs, backorder them. 111 sets were gone in less than 3 weeks last time around.

I am working on having the hollow 35mm front bar remade by a new company. But I have 35mm solid bars on the way right now. If the weight difference doesn't matter then the solid bar is more cost effective for you. That said, you'd want a suitable rear to match it with. You can run it with at stock rear bar, but that's a bit disjointed if you really drive the car spiritedly. Also bars are not damped by the shocks, so no issue with upgrading the bars and having a lack of damping from it like you can with springs.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the good info guys. i think that i will go with stranos solid bar. ive heard nothing but good things about it. and then after my tranny is rebuilt i will get the rear bar to match it. i dont really drive the car much anymore since i have my work truck. i drove it the past 2 days in a row for the first time in 3 and a half weeks. it felt like a rocket compared to my 08 f 350. thanks again folks.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badazz99ta
i dont really drive the car much anymore since i have my work truck. i drove it the past 2 days in a row for the first time in 3 and a half weeks. it felt like a rocket compared to my 08 f 350. thanks again folks.

Quick Reply: Strano's Springs or Front Solid Sway Bar