Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wierd wobble on launch after changing Dif gears.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wierd wobble on launch after changing Dif gears.

Last Friday Night, when I would roll out of the hole, she was squirrelly as HELL...

Rear-end wobbling all over the place... It felt like it does when your breaking loose, busting a rolling burnout through second gear on the street... But I had the Mickeys on and it wasn't breaking loose... but the rear-end felt exactly the same way... VERY LOOSE, requiring a fairly significant amount of steerage to keep her down the middle. She also wobbles when crossing uneven pavement, similar to what it feels like on a motorcycle when changing lanes across uneven pavement.

Since we installed the 4.10s, I've (only twice in dozens and dozens of roll outs) had something pop up and slam the undercarriage twice... this happens only on the 1-2 shift, after she's been sitting and cooled down... and only under WOT.

I popped underneath and didn't see anything obvious... I long ago deleted the front sway-bar for weight and dig-traction when I was running street-radials, before the Mickey ETs... Also I have an adjustable torque arm coming... hopefully it'll be here next week.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your running on ET streets not the street radials then thats your problem.

The ET streets will sway a lot and the rear end will feel really loose