Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Questions on installing LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Questions on installing LCA's

i have just got a set of UMI adj. poly/rod lcas. i have searched around here and various other forums and found a few good pointers on installing a PHB, but nothing really on the LCA's. is there anyhting that i should look for or do specifically? it seems pretty straight foward, but i just dont want to screw anything up. Ive bought the new bolt set, so im not too worried about breaking the old ones, but so i need loctite when reinstalling? also what kind of grease are yall putting on?

any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Here a few Suggestions!

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
i have just got a set of UMI adj. poly/rod lcas. i have searched around here and various other forums and found a few good pointers on installing a PHB, but nothing really on the LCA's. is there anyhting that i should look for or do specifically? it seems pretty straight foward, but i just dont want to screw anything up. Ive bought the new bolt set, so im not too worried about breaking the old ones, but so i need loctite when reinstalling? also what kind of grease are yall putting on?

any help would be appreciated, thanks
Hello,
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance. When you install the LCA's do one side at a time, that allows the rear to not move. The poly end will be on the body of the vehicle to eliminate a lot of noise. And the rod end on the rear so you have your adjustments if needed (We ship ours out preset to factory specs). And about what type of grease to use?....Any type of marine grease as long as its non lithium (Royal Purple for example). Hope that helps if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

red, brad is right about grease make sure it is marine grease so i it repelse water.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool, thanks guys. will the same kind of grease be fine on both poly and rod ends? and do i jack it up by the pumpkin or the frame?

Last edited by RedRallyeZ; 02-26-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Launching!

If you havent already put them on check out installuniversity.com theirs a good walkthrough on there.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Grease question

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
red, brad is right about grease make sure it is marine grease so i it repelse water.
Hello
Yes a marine grease will be just fine! Leave me know if you have any other questions I will be glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pumpkin,,you want the suspension to be in the loaded position when installing those, otherwise you will get some popping noise.

Quick Reply: Questions on installing LCA's