Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI adj. torque arm pivot plate question!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI adj. torque arm pivot plate question!!

Has anybody received the 3 holed pivot plates with their UMI adjustable torque arm? LOL Ive never seen this in any of UMI's photo installs and i think im chaseing my tail here trying to get this thing adjusted right! Do i use the middle holes and have 1'' extra plates hanging out the top? LOL or use the top holes and have a 1"" gap in between the bushings ?LOL or are these plates used on lowered cars only and the top holes are to be used ? Ive never ,ever seen these before on anybodys car and am lost at this point and am very pissed to not know where to start or even if i should with these plates?LOL
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...20end%20angle/

Last edited by barnat; 03-08-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, Ive found it! It looks like UMI redid these so you can change the instant ceter of gravity by changing holes! LOL So which is better for a street driven cars that sees occasional race,the top or bottoms??LOL
Old 03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default No one lol

Nobodys bought a UMI adj torque arm with these new pivot plates? Dam!!!!I guess im the first then LOL I can call tomorrow but was trying to finish this tonight .Ive got em in the top holes as of now but really dont know if its good or bad for the street?Thats really my question here?
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...20end%20angle/

I was actually thinking that these upper holes might be better to use just for the fact that the cars lowered 1.2''and help bring the arm back up where it would have been if i hadent lowered it? I dont know ,,im just guessing here! LOL but it sounds good though!LOL

Last edited by barnat; 03-08-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Torque Arm

Hello,
I noticed that you are having problems figuring out with setting to place your torque arm. We have experienced when placing in the top location you have a better weight transfer due to better instant center. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help.
Thanks
Brad