Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

springs for a comfortable ride.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default springs for a comfortable ride.

im looking at the slp kit with eibach springs and bilstien shocks. i hear they ride really nice. im not looking to much at improving handling but i dont want to hurt it either. i mainly drag race so id really rather not sacrifice traction either. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

What's the primary goal? Lower? And how much? Because that kit doesn't lower you very much. Those are pretty good riding springs because they aren't all that low or stiff.

If your goals are what they seems SLP Eibach's with good shocks would be the place to start. Now, not all Bilstein's are the same, and you can do better IMHO than the SLP Bilstien's which have a wonky rear valving. I do a set that uses the same front valving as SLP but an older valving in the rear. Subsequent Bilstein rears use a valving more like deCarbon's. And SLP never used different rear shocks but standard HD's.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i was thinking maybe an inch lower, nothing major. but, if possible, id really rather this not affect my 60 ft.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElkySS
i was thinking maybe an inch lower, nothing major. but, if possible, id really rather this not affect my 60 ft.
Hotchkis lowering springs are 1 inch. I'm thinking of them, I'm torn between them and Strano's, but I heard they ride pretty much the same.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I carry Hotchkis too, but they aren't the same. I've had customers switch (most recently a guy in Colorado named Jeff Spector) who told me the car rode better with mine. Hotchkis are about 1" lower but they have more variability in them than my springs do, so you could get a 1.2" drop and that happens maybe 20% of the time. Also they are heavier than my springs by some 14 pounds and who needs to drag that weight around?

But again, I sell them because they are a workable option and do normally sit a little less low than my springs do. I also sell the SLP springs and while you often see a claimed 1" drop what usually happends in about 1/4" in front and about 3/4" in the rear.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

I only wanted a 1" drop as well, I recently installed Hotchkis springs with SLP Bilsteins and I'm very happy with the ride, very comfy with much better performance than stock. The front dropped exactly 1" which was perfect, the rear on the other hand dropped in the neighborhood of 1 1/2" or more which I did'nt expect and still not sure why it dropped that much. I'm still trying to work this out with them.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

This is the slp kit. Handles ok, ride isn't that bad either...just remember its never gonna be a cadillac. Car has 18's.

Quick Reply: springs for a comfortable ride.